6 Nations 2011

Just a thread for those of us who like a spot of egg chasing on the side. A chance to mull over the tournament.

Got to say I actualy think Scotland have a chance not to embarrass this year. They should have learnt there lesson from the millenium stadium last year and we've had a good run of results (apart from the all blacks game) in the build up to the 6 nations

Just a thread for those of us who like a spot of egg chasing on the side. A chance to mull over the tournament.

Got to say I actualy think Scotland have a chance not to embarrass this year. They should have learnt there lesson from the millenium stadium last year and we've had a good run of results (apart from the all blacks game) in the build up to the 6 nations

I have a couple of quid on Scotland to win it this year.

Be disappointed if we don't win our home games and I also believe we have an excellent chance to beat some longstanding losing streaks in Paris and London.

Looking forward to a robust physical contest tomorrow :)

Yeah despite defeats in all but the Ireland game last year, it was the first time i've felt proud of our rugby team in years. Still reckon France are going to be too strong for us (well in fact too strong for everyone) but we will certainly show no fear now. Robinson has done a great job and you had to feel for him in that Wales game last year, his reaction at the end said it all, he felt our pain. I actually think the officials bottled it in that game, mind you what else is new especially against the Guffs.

Horrible start losing a try like that, but I think we have looked in control so far. It's so often our problem that we control the tempo and structure of the game but don't convert that dominance. Hopefully, we can learn to be as ruthless in attack as other teams because we would be a very good side with that.

Very unlucky Scotland. Ok we still made some bad errors which the Frogs punished but we definitely look a different prospect under Robinson. Richie Gray looks a great player for us, he was immense today. I think we'll be fine this year and might actually surprise a few folk in the World Cup later in the year.

Oh and i hate that smarmy c**t Jeremy Guscott, utter twat :angry2:

Scotland were good today, but France were magic.

I wouldn't agree that the French were magic. Very good and ruthless, yes, but magic is stretching it a bit. We have to remember that all four of their tries came Scottish errors. There were a few holes in the French performance that could have been exploited if more passes had gone to hand instead of ground and if we'd had a slight bit more patience around the contact areas.

Nevertheless, it was a solid performance and one that we can take confidence from. There are definitely some things to work on, but we're starting to come together. I'm feeling very happy about the way we are progressing under Andy Robinson.

Steady. Italy were even worse at Twickenham today. I reckon we'll be ok for a win at some point in the tournament.

We appear to be getting are arses handed to us by a team that barely managed to beat Italy. Doesn't exactly bode well does it.

They need to cut out the mistakes or it's gonna be a long tournament.

We appear to be getting are arses handed to us by a team that barely managed to beat Italy. Doesn't exactly bode well does it.

They need to cut out the mistakes or it's gonna be a long tournament.

It was Ireland that only just beat Italy.

As for today's game - someone needs to take Dan Parks round the back of Murrayfield and shoot him. And Hugo Southwell, too.

Anyone else doing the fantasy 6 Nations competition on ESPN Scrum website?

I'm trying to make an effort this year. Last year I did a lucky dip and didn't make any changes throughout tournament. Last weekend was pretty average, I scored 41 points. Made a few changes and out of the 10 tries scored today 8 were scored by players I've picked. Certainly glad I picked Aston this week.

It was Ireland that only just beat Italy.

As for today's game - someone needs to take Dan Parks round the back of Murrayfield and shoot him. And Hugo Southwell, too.

Right enough, afternoon beers clearly clouded my memory of last weekend and more disturbingly the start of this thread. Oooof :poster_oops:

Anyone know what the story is with Cusiter is at the moment?

Right enough, afternoon beers clearly clouded my memory of last weekend and more disturbingly the start of this thread. Oooof :poster_oops:

Anyone know what the story is with Cusiter is at the moment?

He's had a keen problem since the end of last season that he had surgery on. He's back doing fitness work, but not started on contact work yet.

• 4 weeks later...

The Guffs must honestly be one of the most boring teams ever to win the Rugby World Cup. I mean yet again in this tournament they've had decisions go their way. France were poor no doubt about it but at least they play with some flair and try to win games by tries, not penalties.

The guffs only tactic is to throw the ball to Wilkinson and go for a drop goal. Another hard luck story for us again.

The Guffs must honestly be one of the most boring teams ever to win the Rugby World Cup. I mean yet again in this tournament they've had decisions go their way. France were poor no doubt about it but at least they play with some flair and try to win games by tries, not penalties.

The guffs only tactic is to throw the ball to Wilkinson and go for a drop goal. Another hard luck story for us again.

I actually watched this which must be the first time i've watched a full game of rugby in years.

Getting fed up of hard luck stories though. It can't just be coinicidence that we're consistently unlucky or sh*te. It looked like we're a sturdy side who are hard to break down but sh*te in the final third. Seems like the typical Scottish way to be, regardless of the sport.

No it's not. He generally acts as understudy to Flood now, so what do you think they do for the hour until he comes onto the pitch? They are the top try scorers in this year's tournament, better than France in that department. As much as it pains me to say it, this is a very good England side, capable of scoring plenty of tries given the chance.

Every team uses penalties and drop goal to keep the score board ticking over. You can't be successful in Rugby without them. Fact.