Vote For Hans Gillhaus

I think Laudrup is the best foreign import to play in Scotland by some distance. I mind he scored a goal against us at Ibrox from practically standing on the goal line about 10 yards out. I think we got pumped by about 4 or 5 that day. After him Larsson for the shear number of goals he scored and then I'd say Gilhaus and Snelders are in with a shout. Still mind Gilhaus' debut, only my second or third football match ever, a great day.

Edit: Some of the players in that poll are a joke. Andreas Thom, Arthur Newman, van Hooijdonk and Cadette better that Theo? Get real. Still the only goalkeeper to win player of the year since the Premier League was formed is he not? Legend.

I think Laudrup is the best foreign import to play in Scotland by some distance. I mind he scored a goal against us at Ibrox from practically standing on the goal line about 10 yards out. I think we got pumped by about 4 or 5 that day. After him Larsson for the shear number of goals he scored and then I'd say Gilhaus and Snelders are in with a shout. Still mind Gilhaus' debut, only my second or third football match ever, a great day.

Was in the end section of the main stand that day with a few other reds, what a bounce and i couldn't believe we got someone of that calibre :applause:

Was in the end section of the main stand that day with a few other reds, what a bounce and i couldn't believe we got someone of that calibre :applause:

I was a wee boy in the family section of the Dunfermline fans (front of the main stand near to the old uncovered away end). Perfect view as he hit the overhead, celebrated wildly. As a youngster it was the greatest thing in football I had ever seen.

Varga was class though I doubt many remember but he'd give any of the names mentioned thus far a serious run for their money, Best was great though not in his pomp at Hibs and if counted we'd have to include a host of English and the odd Welshman in the mix and if we did I'd have to seriously consider Butcher - in an era when many well recalled Miller and McLeish at their best I can remember watching Butcher snuff out and entire attack by strength and positioning and wishing he was Scottish and played for us.

Varga was class though I doubt many remember but he'd give any of the names mentioned thus far a serious run for their money, Best was great though not in his pomp at Hibs and if counted we'd have to include a host of English and the odd Welshman in the mix and if we did I'd have to seriously consider Butcher - in an era when many well recalled Miller and McLeish at their best I can remember watching Butcher snuff out and entire attack by strength and positioning and wishing he was Scottish and played for us.

Stanislav Varga was pish min ;)

I somehow doubt that Hans is going to win that poll tbh. Larsson already has it wrapped up and i can't exactly argue with that.

In fairness, I advertised the poll when Hans was about 12 votes behind Laudrup and 70 behind Larsson.

A follow follow campaign has ended any chance Hans had of nudging ahead of either of them.

I think Laudrup is the best foreign import to play in Scotland by some distance. I mind he scored a goal against us at Ibrox from practically standing on the goal line about 10 yards out. I think we got pumped by about 4 or 5 that day.

Nah min, it was 3-3.

We'd come back from 2-0 down, Laudrup scored that goal, and Ibrox was rocking.

But then Joe Miller put in a cross, John Inglis got his head to it, the Dons end went f**king wild and by the time we'd finishing bouncing round the stand I looked up and seen Ibrox was pretty much empty.

We even had time to miss a sitter in injury time. Windass should have shot, but laid it off to Dodds, and he fluffed it into the keepers hands (which I think was actually Snelders). If he'd scored that I'd still be at Ibrox now celebrating it.

Edit: Some of the players in that poll are a joke. Andreas Thom, Arthur Newman, van Hooijdonk and Cadette better that Theo? Get real. Still the only goalkeeper to win player of the year since the Premier League was formed is he not? Legend.

There was a vote on twitter prior to the poll to decide the top 10. It was decided to exclude all goalkeepers, because in reality, how can you compare a goalkeeper to an outfield player?

I'm fairly positive your mixing up games there, I can remember one game where we drew 3-3 at Ibrox and missed a sitter late on but I thought it was Scott Booth that fluffed it?

Mind the game we were 2-1 up, League Cup, at Ibrox, think Robbie Winters was clean through but Derek Young refused to pass to him and missed, ended up losing 4-2?

Aye, we didn't get any massive beatings by the Huns back in the days of Laudrup and they had a brilliant team.

They only just beat us into second place in all competitions for most of their nine in a row.

Aberdeen had a brilliant squad back then and always in with a chance..

What we would give to have a team of that quality now???

:lolceltic: were pish :)

I'm fairly positive your mixing up games there, I can remember one game where we drew 3-3 at Ibrox and missed a sitter late on but I thought it was Scott Booth that fluffed it?

Mind the game we were 2-1 up, League Cup, at Ibrox, think Robbie Winters was clean through but Derek Young refused to pass to him and missed, ended up losing 4-2?

That's the game where Dodds headbutted McGuire is it not? We played a heap of youngsters and Young scored a screamer if i remember right.

Aye, we didn't get any massive beatings by the Huns back in the days of Laudrup and they had a brilliant team.

They only just beat us into second place in all competitions for most of their nine in a row.

Aberdeen had a brilliant squad back then and always in with a chance..

What we would give to have a team of that quality now???

:lolceltic: were pish :)

The Tims were horrendous until Burns took over. Brady and Macari were so far out of their depth it was so funny :lolceltic: I mean i know we've signed some awful players in our history but both OF have too and some of the Celtic signings at that time, deary me. Slater and Cascarino for example :hysterical:

Got to be Larsson, he went on to play and make a difference at Man U and Barcelona. Laudrup failed when amongst the heid bummers, wasn't aloof like larsson was. still no bad at footy though.

Strange that really was it how Laudrup never made it at other clubs, although tbh he was injured at Chelsea. You're right about Larsson though, Barca 1-0 down in 2006 Champs League Final, Larsson comes on and is directly involved in both goals to win the cup. The legs may have not been the same but his influence was massive.

That's the game where Dodds headbutted McGuire is it not? We played a heap of youngsters and Young scored a screamer if i remember right.

The Tims were horrendous until Burns took over. Brady and Macari were so far out of their depth it was so funny :lolceltic: I mean i know we've signed some awful players in our history but both OF have too and some of the Celtic signings at that time, deary me. Slater and Cascarino for example :hysterical:

others class acts Carl Muggleton, Andy "poofter Payton, Wayne Biggins they were all quality players as for best Foreigner surely Jimmy Boco (hibs), Bart Verheul (Motherwell), Husref Musemic (Hearts). Dragutin Ristic (Falkirk)

I fkn loved Gillhaus, I was just getting into going regularly at that point and that over head kick has remained in my memory for years. Unlike Jess keepie uppie's at Hampden it also hasn't aged at all on replays and looks just as fantastic now as it did then.

Whilst Larsson was great player from a technical point of view Laudrup was clearly the most talented player i've ever seen at Pittodrie, i'd also put Di Canio ahead of Larsson but he wasn't around long enough, but skill wise, amazing.

For me it's got to be Laudrup.

Just a sensational player, closely followed by Larsson.

Both players brought so much to our game when it was heading for it's knee's.

Laudrup was signed and played when there was serious money in Scottish football, the spending in that era has probably part of the reason we are where we are today.

Anyway it would have been better if it wasn't a poll to decide the top 10, get some more non old firm players. Players like Frank Sauzee were every bit as good as Andres f**king Thom!