Ufc

That was some kick, tooked like he toe poked him on the chin! For me I only want to see him take on Sonnen in a re-match or fight GSP at middleweight.

It's definitely a great fight (GSP v Anderson) but I think it's unfair to ask the Spider to drop a lot of weight so I agree GSP should step up but I think it's only fair he is allowed to progress naturally rather than bulk up loads for the fight ala BJ Penn and get schooled.

Would the Sonnen fight be as competitive if Sonnen wasn't on enhancements? Tough one to call. I think Anderson took him lightly and wouldn't a second time.

Yeah I read about Sonnen taking steriods the other day, hadn't been keeping so up to date with the UFC lately. I still stand by my thoughts on Sonnen, he could beat anyone with the style he has but he can also get beat by anyone because he leaves himself so open for the submission.

Anyway Dana has apparently come out and said as long as GSP wins his next fight he'll go on to fight Silva, surely it'll be at middlewieght as Silva couldn't drop any more weight.

Yeah I read about Sonnen taking steriods the other day, hadn't been keeping so up to date with the UFC lately. I still stand by my thoughts on Sonnen, he could beat anyone with the style he has but he can also get beat by anyone because he leaves himself so open for the submission.

Anyway Dana has apparently come out and said as long as GSP wins his next fight he'll go on to fight Silva, surely it'll be at middlewieght as Silva couldn't drop any more weight.

Yeah agree with you S1dnk. That's why he makes for an exciting fight.

On the GSP issue I read that interview and it isn't really as clear as that. I came across to me more that he'd love this fight to happen but he mentioned them winning their first fights so as not to write off a whole ppv, if you understand where I'm coming from with that?

ta I'll keep on eye on that.

I do hope fedor ditches M1 and gets over to the ufc, probably won't happen though, unless the M1 lot get what they think is their share.

I think Fedor's day may have past. I haven't actually seen any of his fights but have read up on him etc. It's a bit dodgy why he hasn't went to UFC, something to do with the people who own his image rights demanding that UFC let him fight for other promotions while under contract to them?

Aye, Fedor got beat by Werdum in his last fight, I think he underestimated him, which isn't like fedor but before that he's beat a whole host of top heavyweights. arlovski, sylvia, randleman the list goes on. After seeing Brock run out of steam against Velazquez

all this Brock will smash Fedor didn't seem so likely. I suppose the ufc thing comes down to who needs who the most.

He may be getting rich and lazy though.

Aye, Fedor got beat by Werdum in his last fight, I think he underestimated him, which isn't like fedor but before that he's beat a whole host of top heavyweights. arlovski, sylvia, randleman the list goes on. After seeing Brock run out of steam against Velazquez

all this Brock will smash Fedor didn't seem so likely. I suppose the ufc thing comes down to who needs who the most.

He may be getting rich and lazy though.

At this stage I don't think either needs either. UFC undoubtedly has the ebst talent in the world, it's obvious when you see guys leave UFC having struggled to get in to the title picture or get their chance and lose and join other promotions and are the star attraction.

Fedor could have went to the UFC years ago and started a legacy. I think most (rightly or wrongly) will look at him as a 'what could have been' because UFC is the top promotion and he will most likely never fight there. I don't think it's a question of money though as he'll be getting just as rich either way.

• 1 month later...

Did you hear about him tackling the burglar the night before the fight? The press conference of him describing it is funny as f**k.

He's the 1st UFC fighter to be invited on The Tonight Show with Jey Leno

Ha ha no I haven't seen it yet. I did read about it but I read it was on the day of the fight?!

I'm not surprised...there's a lot of money to be made from this guy. Quite scary in that he's only several months older than myself!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...