Nicklas Bendtner:

Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner has said he deserves his £50,000-a-week salary because he has to make big sacrifices as a player - such as giving up skiing. He said that he has to pay "a big price with my body, my time and with never being able to have privacy" as a footballer and that the one thing he misses most of all is hitting the ski slopes.

Well boo Fockin hoo. Most of us don't make 50k in 2 years. (i don't make that in 3 years)

These guys don't live in the real world.

Maybe you should post the whole article and not just read the headline.

He said he wouldn't compare himself to people in every day jobs as he is an entertainer. Why should actors and tv personalities get more than footballers? Footballers do make a lot of sacrifices.

agree to a certain extent but players like him get to retire 30 years earlier than others and enjoy the huge amount of cash they have made in luxury.

agree to a certain extent but players like him get to retire 30 years earlier than others and enjoy the huge amount of cash they have made in luxury.

Won't dispute that at all vda but I will say regular guys like yourself and I can go to the shop for a carton of milk without being followed by photographers. We can enjoy a night out with being plastered across the pages as being a drunken yob for having an argument with someone, drunk or not.

The guy is a balloon with an overflated view of his own abilities but if you read the actual article it's not as black and white as "I deserve lots of money as I can't go skiing".

But it shouldn't be. I remember when Roy Keane got his wages up to £50k a week and that was back in the late 90's (maybe early 00's) and that was ludicrous then, now it's just snowballed to extortionate and disgusting levels. The game really has gone mad :angry:

It has, but if that's the going rate then so be it.

There's folk earning far, far more than €50k a week but because folk play in pub teams and think "I could do that", people get pissed off and moan about it.

Just my opinion, like :sheepdance:

Wenger i'm sure & hope will clip the boys wings, he promises much but delivers little, said he would be the best striker in the world, either he's a joker or very arrogant/stupid

get rid of him and sign Babacar & Eden Hazard, i'm sure Nasri would be a better forward than Bentner anyway n Hazard could take up Nasri's slot, Babacar would be an ideal replacement upfront though, big strong lad, bit quicker than Bentner and younger with bags of potential