St Johnstone 5 Aberdeen O

I seem to remember being humped 5 nil from stjohnstone at mcdiarmid in the early 90's (1990 I think) in the days when it was unthinkable to lose two, let alone 5, to these type of shitty teams. What happened - was Theo in goals? Did dobbin hav a howler? Did David Winnie play? I'm too young to mind.

Also was andy Rhodes in goals for st Johnstone, I remember thinking he was far too good to be their keeper, always reminded me of Hun goram. Thinking about it it was prob Lindsay Hamilton that was in goals which makes the clean sheet all the more inexplicable.

I seem to remember being humped 5 nil from stjohnstone at mcdiarmid in the early 90's (1990 I think) in the days when it was unthinkable to lose two, let alone 5, to these type of shitty teams. What happened - was Theo in goals? Did dobbin hav a howler? Did David Winnie play? I'm too young to mind.

Also was andy Rhodes in goals for st Johnstone, I remember thinking he was far too good to be their keeper, always reminded me of Hun goram. Thinking about it it was prob Lindsay Hamilton that was in goals which makes the clean sheet all the more inexplicable.

I think that scoreline was a real turning point in the fortunes of AFC, post-1980s. Sure we went on to push for the title til the last day that season, and challenge in the upper end of of the league for a couple of seasons afterwards before it all started to properly go to sh*t, but for me that 5-0 loss marked a vital change in the mentality and winning mental strength/belief around AFC.

I remember seeing that result coming through on Scotsport or whatever programme it was back then and sitting there in disbelief, almost numb with shock. A dark, dark day, that, and sadly the first of many to come over the following 20 years.

Yeah that was a real :wtf: moment, considering we had such a good team at the time.

David Robertson got sent off, but still no excuse for the score. These days we're used to getting humped but back then it was a huge shock.

I think the rumours of Bett having a go at Gilhaus on the bus for being a poof are a load of sh*te. Is Gilhaus even gay? :dontknow:

Yeah that was a real :wtf: moment, considering we had such a good team at the time.

David Robertson got sent off, but still no excuse for the score. These days we're used to getting humped but back then it was a huge shock.

I think the rumours of Bett having a go at Gilhaus on the bus for being a poof are a load of sh*te. Is Gilhaus even gay? :dontknow:

If you start typing Hans Gillhaus into google the second suggested search is "Hans Gillhaus gay" :rolleyes:

That season was the closest I ever got to 100% attendance home and away.

I made all but one game in the 1990/91 season.

The game I missed was that one.

In the second encounter at McDiarmid Park that season, I dropped my wife at the hospital on the morning of Wednesday 13th February. Her waters had broken. There was absolutely f.uck all happening so I f.ucked off and went to the fitba. Scott Booth scored the winner in 87 minutes. 1-0.

Phoned the hospital. Still no action. Went hame. Dumped the car. Got bleezin.

Then spent a day and a half in hospital and then a son was born. Master Scientist got called Scott. Weirdly, the St Mirren fan sleeping to my left on the couch right now was a neighbour of ours 20 years ago and their daughter was born on the same day in the same hospital in the neighbouring natal suite. Even more freaky, one year, six months and one week later, our second (female) was born in Melbourne on the same day that their second was (male).

I'll be in the main stand for the cup game and will have to suppress any goal celebrations.

Wooft, sign o the times, now your wife would be chucked out of the hospital until there was sign of the action, and you'd miss the game!

the story i heard was that there was fighting on the bus on the way back Bett, Gillhaus, Mason and McLeish involved. it all stemmed from allegedly Gillhaus arriving late (apparently with his boy friend). just ten minutes form kick off, and McLeish telling Smith that there was no way that Hans shoud play. and if Hans did play big eck would'nt and if you recall Hans did play and MCleish suffered an injury in the warm up!

AFC-CHAT when your in a mess??? Really Jonty???