European Places..

I see looking at the league that it's 3 positions but does this mean that the Scottish cup winners ( IF it's not one of the OF) get the third place & Hearts get none, or is there a forth position available giving this to Hearts?

Also how are the standings in the fair play league table? both for Scotland as a whole & also within the Scottish league?

Only 1st get the Champions League, and even then it's the qualifiers.

2nd, 3rd and the SC winners (us) get the Europa League.

4th no longer gets anything unless the cup winners have already qualified for Europe through league position.

Ah, so Hearts are getting the last slot regardless then cos Scottish cup/we take priority.

Do the SC runners up still get it if the winners get Euro slot via league finish, or has this changed?

Nah, the Pikeys finished 3rd and won the cup last season and so Motherwell (5th) got Europe instead of Ross County (cup runners up).

Which is probably fair enough.

Oh yeah I'm in full agreement with that, always though it should be winners or nothing.

Just wasn't sure how it stands now.

How about fair play standings?

Been looking myself but cannot seem to find current standings anywhere, either Nations tables or Domestic tables.

Only 1st get the Champions League, and even then it's the qualifiers.

2nd, 3rd and the SC winners (us) get the Europa League.

4th no longer gets anything unless the cup winners have already qualified for Europe through league position.

2nd will get into Champions League qualifiers if a team from Italy, England or Spain win Champions League as max of 4 teams in champions League and these countries get 4 already to place would go to 16th in country rankings which for next season qualifications is Scotland.

For the record we are sitting 15th at present (with Swiss right up our ass) for the qualification the following season.

In next 2 years though Scotland due to plummett due to losing 2 years of higher co-efficients which could see Scottish clubs entering Europe qualifiers at end of June!!

How about fair play standings?

Been looking myself but cannot seem to find current standings anywhere, either Nations tables or Domestic tables.

Fair play

Pretty much no chance of Scottish club getting in this way. And with our 46 yellow and 5 red cards we are way way down fair play table in Scotland.

Cheers.

Norway always seem to be up there. Wonder if the fact that they have a lot of artificial surfaces which would limit/lessen the amount of sliding tackles performed, or if their refs are more lenient, or if they are just cleaner players as a whole?

We (Scotland) will never get back via this route anyway IMO because our refs are basically never going to ease off on their card happy ways, even more so when you consider their view (rightly or wrongly) that they are being unfairly targeted by Scottish managers etc.

Not that I care as the fair play rule's a load of sh*te anyway cos any countries FA could easily try to influence their refs to go easy on players to make sure of an extra Euro place for their teams.

Cheers.

Norway always seem to be up there. Wonder if the fact that they have a lot of artificial surfaces which would limit/lessen the amount of sliding tackles performed, or if their refs are more lenient, or if they are just cleaner players as a whole?

We (Scotland) will never get back via this route anyway IMO because our refs are basically never going to ease off on their card happy ways, even more so when you consider their view (rightly or wrongly) that they are being unfairly targeted by Scottish managers etc.

Not that I care as the fair play rule's a load of sh*te anyway cos any countries FA could easily try to influence their refs to go easy on players to make sure of an extra Euro place for their teams.

It is done on internationals and clubs in Euro competition only. Points awarded for whole host of things including fans behaviour, sportsmanship, cards shown, respect towards officials.

It is done on internationals and clubs in Euro competition only. Points awarded for whole host of things including fans behaviour, sportsmanship, cards shown, respect towards officials.

Didn't know this, in that case I take back my points about our refs & countries FAs influencing their own refs.

But still don't see it as a valid route into UEFA, think it's three wasted slots.