Muay Thai

See this martial art is getting a fair bit of airtime on this site. Is it the best one to get started in to look after yourself and keep fit as well? Do you do it in coloured belts as you make progress or is it just winning fights or is there like a grading system.

What about kickboxing or the like instead?

No belts however I was told there is a grades system, I have yet to be graded though but I've been doing it since August and really enjoy it, learned quite alot and reactions have improved with sparring, depends how serious you want to take it some just go to get the extra cardio where as others aim to compete, well worth looking in to.

There's some very good fighters in Aberdeen just now, Held a big event at Liquid not long ago with a few more on the cards, well worth supporting and going along to see them.

All good Dons fans too and get plenty of stick when fighting down in Clydebank, Paisley, Glasgow and the likes for being from Aberdeen.

One in particular was voted best up and coming fighter in Scotland for his grade, he'll be Scottish Champion soon enough :trophy:

There's some very good fighters in Aberdeen just now, Held a big event at Liquid not long ago with a few more on the cards, well worth supporting and going along to see them.

All good Dons fans too and get plenty of stick when fighting down in Clydebank, Paisley, Glasgow and the likes for being from Aberdeen.

One in particular was voted best up and coming fighter in Scotland for his grade, he'll be Scottish Champion soon enough :trophy:

Liquid was a good day like, 4 guys from where I train had fights, one lost, two won and the other drew in the last fight, from what I've seen there are some top quality guys from Aberdeen, going down this sunday to watch a fight in Port Glasgow so that should be good.

• 4 weeks later...

Had my first interclub fight today which was really good loved the whole day, won the fight, think I drew the first round then won the last 4 which i'm happy with, leg is a bit sore the now like, take a weel deserved rest for a week then getting training for my next one later this year.

Had my first interclub fight today which was really good loved the whole day, won the fight, think I drew the first round then won the last 4 which i'm happy with, leg is a bit sore the now like, take a weel deserved rest for a week then getting training for my next one later this year.

Well done min!!! Awesome.

Well done mate. Your discipline has been sublime throughout your training process. Very deserved.

Aye - Mini in full control from word go and although opponent getting ineasier than Mini would have liked, opponents hits weren't hurting him much at all. Have to say Mini's head kicks were awesome and never would have though he could kick that high at all.

Aye - Mini in full control from word go and although opponent getting ineasier than Mini would have liked, opponents hits weren't hurting him much at all. Have to say Mini's head kicks were awesome and never would have though he could kick that high at all.

Yup easily 5-0.

Was a good fight, head kicks were a joy to watch, has to be said that a few of the guys there were absolute mentalists there is no way in hell i would be getting into the ring with that serbian boy.

This guy doesn't run a self defence class does he? If its him then he is a mentalist without doubt.

Nah, i think the guy you are thinking of works on the door at Tonik, he is a knob, never trained with him atall though, the Serb Stoney is on about is like a little dog, just keeps going and has awesome skills.

Cheers for the kind words folks and as K-9 says he got a few easy hits on me but I took them well enough, was trying towards the end to put him down but just couldn't get the head kicks in quick enough. next step is to get down to 90 kilos and have another interclube fight in August.

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers haha.

Only kidding bud, well done like. No wonder youve lost so much weight, that must knacker you out. You have an awesome kick well high, other boy could kick for sh*t. You kept dropping your guard and letting him hook in. But you clearly won. Well done again.

Only kidding bud, well done like. No wonder youve lost so much weight, that must knacker you out. You have an awesome kick well high, other boy could kick for sh*t. You kept dropping your guard and letting him hook in. But you clearly won. Well done again.

His kicking was poor, my low kicks are poor need to speed them up abit, high kicks I love doing and I think some wouldn't expect me to get it up that high, regarding my guard, it isn't the best still working on it but the punches hardly hurt so just kept taking them which is silly. That was the first time I have watched it back, my hooks were pish, just big swings need to work on tightening them up like.

You done well dude but it wisnae as exciting as this

When your cardio comes on a bit you'll be knocking fools out.

Was it catch weight?

haha, being honest cardio isn't a problem, the fact I was in the sauna 2 hours before I was fighting tired me out, had to cut more weight, I came in at 101 he was around 90 I think, I wasn't trying to knock him out fight was more to go the full 5 rounds, work out being ina ring, movement and so on.

Well done min! That head kick is a great weapon. I reckon you could have taken him out if there was another round. You did well and paced yourself. He was breathing out his arse and windmilling in the third! Again very well done.

Aye, was well awkward when he came flying at me but I expected that hence alot of stepping and ducks, something I don't do in training.

haha, being honest cardio isn't a problem, the fact I was in the sauna 2 hours before I was fighting tired me out, had to cut more weight, I came in at 101 he was around 90 I think, I wasn't trying to knock him out fight was more to go the full 5 rounds, work out being ina ring, movement and so on.

Aye, was well awkward when he came flying at me but I expected that hence alot of stepping and ducks, something I don't do in training.

Well then work on cutting the weight properly ye fat c**t.

;)

Well then work on cutting the weight properly ye fat c**t.

;)

Haha, I've put like 3 or 4 kg on since I done that, hope to fight in August at another interclub but this time I have to be at 95kg, work starts on that next week, much harder this time as I'll be trying to tone in and add some muscle aswell.

Haha, I've put like 3 or 4 kg on since I done that, hope to fight in August at another interclub but this time I have to be at 95kg, work starts on that next week, much harder this time as I'll be trying to tone in and add some muscle aswell.

Well you've shown the dedication so it's not outwith your reach at all.