Are Aberdeen Too Politically Correct

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See on Mad that we used to sing No pope of Rome and about the UDA etc in years gone by but now we don't. Was this more the casuals when they existed or the majority of the support?

Majority of the support.

We've become touchy feely about religious bigotry, just because it makes the Old Firm look bad, but I think if most are being honest, they are not in the least bit offended by it all, it's just the pish that the Weegies use to bash each other about with.

See on Mad that we used to sing No pope of Rome and about the UDA etc in years gone by but now we don't. Was this more the casuals when they existed or the majority of the support?

the casuals but at the time we were the majority of the support, or at least the majority of the 'singing' support. where we led others followed.

the casuals but at the time we were the majority of the support, or at least the majority of the 'singing' support. where we led others followed.

What a load of sh*te on all three points

if you mean the old firm fans weren't offended by it you'd be wrong. they used to foam at the mouth when we sang it that was the whole point. of course that was about 27 years ago I don't think it would have the same affect nowadays.

No, he meant what I said, that we as Dons fans get all offended by the overt religious bigotry on display from the Old Firm nowadays, when in reality most of us give religion not the slightest thought, and are only 'offended' by it, becasue we can beat both sides of the Weegies over the head with their 'offensive' behaviour.

What a load of sh*te on all three points

No, he meant what I said, that we as Dons fans get all offended by the overt religious bigotry on display from the Old Firm nowadays, when in reality most of us give religion not the slightest thought, and are only 'offended' by it, becasue we can beat both sides of the Weegies over the head with their 'offensive' behaviour.

with specific regard to your first point regards who started the chanting at the games. why are you lieing :dontknow:

Nae sure it's PC but it's certainly sanitised.

When you see the pictures from the Munich game only three years ago even those that didn't like the ultras must surely raise a smile.

OK, that was a particularly big game but the Ultras really did add a lot to the matchday atmosphere and the atmosphere has tailed off dramatically since they departed.

I really can't see why the club and other fans gave them a hard time.

Sit down, shut up is very much the message from the authorities.

When you see the pictures from the Munich game only three years ago even those that didn't like the ultras must surely raise a smile.

OK, that was a particularly big game but the Ultras really did add a lot to the matchday atmosphere and the atmosphere has tailed off dramatically since they departed.

:popcorn:

Some Dons fans hate Rangers as much as they love Aberdeen :ThumbsDown:

I don't think there's any scope for a debate about something you cannot measure. Saying their hatred for Rangers is as great as their fondness for Aberdeen, well that's totally impossible to prove, as it's immeasurable.

We all surely hate both Celtic and Rangers?

And I hate one or the other more depending on the circumstances at the time of asking.

To my mind each is a loathsome football club, and a true measure of their respective loathsomeness can never be achieved, therefore we're entering the realm of futility by attempting to set one over the other.

Do you really need to ask that question?

There's no grey area, even you're going to struggle to come up with a deliberately obtuse alternative point of view here.

remarkably I do tup. I've noted over the years large numbers of forum dwelling dons fans either not hating celtic as much as they hate rangers or in some cases not even hating celtic at all.

a bizarre situation for someone of my generation who was raised to hate celtic more than anybody else but it would seem these days there exists some dons fans who don't particularly hate the treacherous taig b*stards. does my head in :banghead:

Some Dons fans hate Rangers as much as they love Aberdeen :ThumbsDown:

That certainly doesn't deserve a thumbs down. Remember Ferguson bringing down Stavrum in the box with no penalty given. Remember Ricksen karate kicking Darren Young. Remember Ferguson flicking Dons fans the v as he walked off. Remember Lafferty going down like a tonne of bricks in front of Mulgrew. There are many many quite proper reasons to hate the huns.

That certainly doesn't deserve a thumbs down. Remember Ferguson bringing down Stavrum in the box with no penalty given. Remember Ricksen karate kicking Darren Young. Remember Ferguson flicking Dons fans the v as he walked off. Remember Lafferty going down like a tonne of bricks in front of Mulgrew. There are many many quite proper reasons to hate the huns.

you honestly don't think it's wrong to hate another team more than you love your own :confused:

remarkably I do tup. I've noted over the years large numbers of forum dwelling dons fans either not hating celtic as much as they hate rangers or in some cases not even hating celtic at all.

a bizarre situation for someone of my generation who was raised to hate celtic more than anybody else but it would seem these days there exists some dons fans who don't particularly hate the treacherous taig b*stards. does my head in :banghead:

Well all the Dons fans I know hate Celtic, but maybe there are a few who don't, which I find bizarre, but I've never met them.

Both are vile organisations.

with specific regard to your first point regards who started the chanting at the games. why are you lieing :dontknow:

Why do you see a need to claim one set of supporters was somehow better than another? :tumbleweed:

But as you do, let's address this?

1. The majority of the support either wore colours, or were of the sweetie paper rustling variety. Clearly, the casuals did not, nor did they ever come close to being the majority of the support.

2. Majority of th singing support? On what possible basis do you claim this? Because you were in the middle of it and couldn;t hear anyone else? you realise if you were in the beach end/paddock it was the beach end/paddock songs you would hear, and if in the SS it would be them?

3. Aye, where u went to places mainly for a fight, others.....erm well went to see the fitba.

So, as I was saying, what a load of sh*te. I used to frequent Pittodrie a lot during the height of the casuals notoriety, and can honestly say I couldn't have told you where they were sitting, all went right over my head due to their total insignificance in relation to the numbers within the stadium as a whole.

The colour and display was brilliant and some folk put in a hell of a lot of work for these displays but that has nothing to do with atmosphere. The atmosphere at the Bayern game would have been electric anyway, just as if it was East Fife then the atmosphere would have been sh*t.

You'll have to explain this? For the last twenty years or more, possibly dating back to Willie Johnston's stamp, there have been a succession of assualts, press slurs, and injustices carried out on players and the club from Rangers and the Rangers sympathetic press. It is perfectly natural that they have become a more hated organisation than Celtic, who have with respect to AFC, been far less vindictive and brutal during this time.

I certainly cannot recall a time when Celtic were the more hated of the two, and if there were, why would that be ok, but it's not ok for Rangers now to be the more hated of the two, seems like complete double standards to me? It's always been a pretty level pegging, or the Huns being more prominent in that department. Regardless I fail to see where the treachery attack comes from, they have no loyalty to AFC, from what are they being treacherous? :dontknow:

can't get my head around it at all. are they actually Aberdeen supporters or just rangers haters :dontknow:

can't get my head around it at all. are you actually an Aberdeen supporter or just a Celtic hater? :dontknow: