Jit Motherwell

One word ....... "Hartley"

In fact 2 word "Hartley stupidity"

In fact 5 words "Hartley stupidity sheer f**king idiocy"

Onto game - we were pants but game heading for draw and we may have had a go late on but for the red. Picked possibly the only 11 players we could have for this one. Completely overrun in middle of the park with Jack in particular having a complete mare. 2 in middle of midfield got no help at all from our 2 anonymous wide players either (although Maguire started trying after Hartley went off. Vernon and Blackman abismal. Vuja a complete disaster.

Thought Diamond in middle had great game as did Smith at left back but thought our outstanding players was Macnamee who was immense and didn't deserve to be on losing side.

One word ....... "Hartley"

In fact 2 word "Hartley stupidity"

In fact 5 words "Hartley stupidity sheer f**king idiocy"

Onto game - we were pants but game heading for draw and we may have had a go late on but for the red. Picked possibly the only 11 players we could have for this one. Completely overrun in middle of the park with Jack in particular having a complete mare. 2 in middle of midfield got no help at all from our 2 anonymous wide players either (although Maguire started trying after Hartley went off. Vernon and Blackman abismal. Vuja a complete disaster.

Thought Diamond in middle had great game as did Smith at left back but thought our outstanding players was Macnamee who was immense and didn't deserve to be on losing side.

Should also mention langfield who kept us in it first half.

have to say from complaining about no width our midfield two had no support because the otehr were too wide. to be fair though dont know how else we could have played. Dindt help that jack had perhaps his poorest game and the only stamp of authority hartley put on the game was into a motherwell players chest

Blackman is a bloody disaster though - he and vernon dont play well together (aagin to be fair blackman hardly played) maguire is out wide where he is less influential. DOes blackman think that now blackburn have extended his contract he is a premiership player going through the motions? cos he wont get a game for any premiership side with the attitude show tonight

Hartley has still got me fuming about an hour after his two footed stamp into a felloow proffesseionals chest - totally disgusting behaviour for a captain and supposedly senior player for our youth to look up to

I thought Vudja done alright, Diamond was dodgy to start with then got going and looked alright aswell, thought it was his error for their second?

Maguire was a shambles, fed up of him and the way some fans act towards him, fell out with guy infront of me who seems to think Maguire is actually a world beater of some sort, boy is an idiot aswell diving around cheating trying to get other players sent off.

• Admin

Absolutely dreadful.

Why we persisted with the long ball from Langfield i have no idea. We didn't win a single one of these. After the 29th time you'd think the natural decision was to play from the back. Goal kick, punt upfront, lose header, immediately lose possession and immediately on the back foot.

There was no attacking the 2nd ball either. Everyone just seemed content to give a free shotty to Motherwell. We were literally just watching them play around us in spells. We had absolutely no midfield. Huge spaces and gaps developed, especially on their right flank. No desire to close down play.

No back bone and no teeth in attack.

If there is anything good that came of this game it was that Hartley is suspended and won't play in the next game.

I thought Vudja done alright, Diamond was dodgy to start with then got going and looked alright aswell, thought it was his error for their second?

Maguire was a shambles, fed up of him and the way some fans act towards him, fell out with guy infront of me who seems to think Maguire is actually a world beater of some sort, boy is an idiot aswell diving around cheating trying to get other players sent off.

Maguire was going to get a major rant aswell but actually started trying after Hartley went off and became dangerous for last 15 mins and noised up the Well defense.

K-9 i must have been watching a different game from you cause i thought Diamond was f**king awful again. Him and Vuja had an absolute mare, no communication and against two of the smallest strikers in the SPL they should have been comfortable in the air but were dreadful. Both CM's were terrible too and Hartley was so far off the pace i thought he was still back in the dressing room. He has to be fined heavily by the club for that moment of utter madness.

Now as horrendous as we were (which there is no doubt), special mention to the ref for losing the plot after the sending off. 1st half game was so dire he could have sat in the stand, so why after making the easiest of decisions in red carding Hartley did he feel the need to lose control of the rest of the match? How many times did Hateley get away with persistent fouling? Should Lasley not have walked too for his elbow on Hartley?

At the end of the day we were abysmal and i'd hate to imagine us losing to Killie on Saturday, cause we'll be up the creek if that happens.

would agree thought Vuju did okay for the most part, although should've been stronger for the winning goal. Thought was shaky Diamond lost a lot of headers esp in the 1st half which was partly due with the ball holding up in the wind. Pretty sure it was his header that out Murphy through for the winner.

If there's one good thing to come from the game it's that Macnamee and Smith managed to play the 90 mins without getting injured

He can get a minor rant from me from being a complete f**king idiot towards the end. Pointless, pointless booking.

Actually going to stick up for him for once and no idea why he got booked - got blatently tripped by Motherwell player right in front of ref who bottled sending the Well player off and booked both.

At the end of the day we were abysmal and i'd hate to imagine us losing to Killie on Saturday, cause we'll be up the creek if that happens.

Perfectly good chance of that happening, Killie are probably an even better team than M'well (1st half M'well)

We've been poor for a month or so now, although some folk think losing to Sellic is excusable. We were poor in beating ICT and Dunfermline, welcome though they were.

Need to get back to basics. Get Blackman on the bench, he can play his way back in.

I only heard the commentary on BBC. Noticed that Paton came on as sub for the last 20 minutes or so, but I can't say I heard much mention of him from the commentator. Did he make a contribution in that time or not. Haven't seen any comments from anyone so far.

He was playing in centre mid and I thought he did fine considering the circumstances, made a few challenges and interventions and looked to get the ball forward.

Only caught him falling over for the first one, but the second time it looked like a complete fake.

From where I was he was pushed, fell to the ground (maybe accentuating the push) got up. Was ankle tapped and stumbled. Put his hands in the air in a"come on ref" sort of way. Then was ankle tapped again. Well player should've been sent off twice from my point of view.

From where I was he was pushed, fell to the ground (maybe accentuating the push) got up. Was ankle tapped and stumbled. Put his hands in the air in a"come on ref" sort of way. Then was ankle tapped again. Well player should've been sent off twice from my point of view.

Are you not due on a plane in 5 hours time?

Thought you and G were off to the titty bars this evening.

• Site Sponsor

K-9 i must have been watching a different game from you cause i thought Diamond was f**king awful again. Him and Vuja had an absolute mare, no communication and against two of the smallest strikers in the SPL they should have been comfortable in the air but were dreadful. Both CM's were terrible too and Hartley was so far off the pace i thought he was still back in the dressing room. He has to be fined heavily by the club for that moment of utter madness.

Now as horrendous as we were (which there is no doubt), special mention to the ref for losing the plot after the sending off. 1st half game was so dire he could have sat in the stand, so why after making the easiest of decisions in red carding Hartley did he feel the need to lose control of the rest of the match? How many times did Hateley get away with persistent fouling? Should Lasley not have walked too for his elbow on Hartley?

Hartley should be fined for the reaction, but the referee completed f.ucked up by not sending off Lasley for a blatant elbow in the face. He also missed an extremely late tackle on Vernon? a second before that incident.

Referees in Scotland are completely incompetent. Oh for another (permanent) strike.

• Site Sponsor

I only heard the commentary on BBC. Noticed that Paton came on as sub for the last 20 minutes or so, but I can't say I heard much mention of him from the commentator. Did he make a contribution in that time or not. Haven't seen any comments from anyone so far.

His contribution summed up why he won't be staying.

Completely over run in midfield, Hartley was breathing out of his arse after 20 mins. Cant agree with the stick for Jack he had to battle alone against Motherwells midfield three with no assiatance from Hartley.

The first goal was a joke, Bebo never picked up Craigan at the throw letting him pick his point for the cross, Jeffers was unmarked and headed past Clangers. The seconf one Diamond mistimed the header, Vuja was caught on his heels but from where I was sitting (right behind it) Clangers should have saved it...it went under his hand.

Hartley is a disgrace, hew in hells name he thought he would get away with what he did without a red is crazy.....I didnt see the challenge and there is suggestion that it was an elbow but retalliation like that is always always a red. he let the team down big time.

Blackman?......jury is out, but Broon has to ...has to go back to Vern and Bebo up front on Saturday, if that means a seat on the bench for Blackman then so be it.

Completely over run in midfield, Hartley was breathing out of his arse after 20 mins. Cant agree with the stick for Jack he had to battle alone against Motherwells midfield three with no assiatance from Hartley.

The first goal was a joke, Bebo never picked up Craigan at the throw letting him pick his point for the cross, Jeffers was unmarked and headed past Clangers. The seconf one Diamond mistimed the header, Vuja was caught on his heels but from where I was sitting (right behind it) Clangers should have saved it...it went under his hand.

Hartley is a disgrace, hew in hells name he thought he would get away with what he did without a red is crazy.....I didnt see the challenge and there is suggestion that it was an elbow but retalliation like that is always always a red. he let the team down big time.

Blackman?......jury is out, but Broon has to ...has to go back to Vern and Bebo up front on Saturday, if that means a seat on the bench for Blackman then so be it.

blackman and Vernon cannot play in the same team, Brown needs to be strong and pick one or the other, playing Blackman means we are one down in midfield and it showed last night as Jack and Hartley were overrun the whole game, the ref had an absolute shocker, how the hell him and the assistant ref on the Main Stand side missed the elbow is beyond belief? Lasley also had a kick at Hartley on the ground!!

Diamond needs to go now, i mean now, how the f**k this clown is supposed to be our main defenders defies all logic, loads of times Vuja had time to take the ball down and play from the back, but he got no shout at all from Goofy or Clangers to say 'time' so Vuja rushes and then gets moaned at by the crowd, i couldn't believe how little communication there was from Goofy and Clangers to all the defenders including having any sort of defensive line and keeping the two full backs in check.

Shocking :ThumbsDown:

blackman and Vernon cannot play in the same team, Brown needs to be strong and pick one or the other, playing Blackman means we are one down in midfield and it showed last night as Jack and Hartley were overrun the whole game, the ref had an absolute shocker, how the hell him and the assistant ref on the Main Stand side missed the elbow is beyond belief? Lasley also had a kick at Hartley on the ground!!

Diamond needs to go now, i mean now, how the f**k this clown is supposed to be our main defenders defies all logic, loads of times Vuja had time to take the ball down and play from the back, but he got no shout at all from Goofy or Clangers to say 'time' so Vuja rushes and then gets moaned at by the crowd, i couldn't believe how little communication there was from Goofy and Clangers to all the defenders including having any sort of defensive line and keeping the two full backs in check.

Shocking :ThumbsDown:

Couldnt agree more. Blackman needs to drop to the bench and get Maguire and Vernon up front together allowing a more hard working midfield to be put out and earn the right to play. Young needs to come back in there if Milsom is not fit. Can't have Aluko and Maguire in the mid at the same time as they don't work hard enough or have the discipline and Hartley doesn't have the engine to make this up for them. The forwards also don't seem to work back at all and provide little hard work when we lose the ball. They need to be pressuring the oppopsition defenders when they have the ball instead of allowing them to just look up and pick out a pass.

Unfortunately we have little options at the moment. Honestly think the 11 last night was possibly the only 11 that could have been chosen to start considering the 17 players who were available.

Although the 3 of them might work together if all 3 get their arses in gear. Blackman was half hearted throughout, Maguire only started putting in the effort after Hartley was sent off (and looked dangerous) and although Vernon giving usual 100% was seriously struggling off form.

Couldnt agree more. Blackman needs to drop to the bench and get Maguire and Vernon up front together allowing a more hard working midfield to be put out and earn the right to play. Young needs to come back in there if Milsom is not fit. Can't have Aluko and Maguire in the mid at the same time as they don't work hard enough or have the discipline and Hartley doesn't have the engine to make this up for them. The forwards also don't seem to work back at all and provide little hard work when we lose the ball. They need to be pressuring the oppopsition defenders when they have the ball instead of allowing them to just look up and pick out a pass.

Good point actually about the forwards, the Motherwell keeper or their CH's (one who was carrying an injury) were never put under pressure the whole evening, compare that to Sutton and Humphries when he came on who hurried and pressured our back four