Vernon/blackman/maguire

Blackman's been very frustrating when I've seen him. He's clearly got the ability but he appears to lack a willingless to put in any sort of effort when it comes to closing the ball down and going in for challenges. If he lacks that sort of appetite, then I can't see him getting far with Blackburn.

I canna see him getting far with Raith f**king Rovers if he keeps playing the way he did last night. In his time here he's scored a goal and retained possession when the ball's been played to his feet. Looked like he could be a great addition "in the hole" or with Magure doing his legwork. Let's hope he settles doon - in fact, quite the opposite - and comes onto a game soon!

I actually liked the look of Blackman when he was on the ball last night - took it down well, nice touch - however, there were a few times last night he really looked like he didnt want to be on the park.

He also looked very good against Celtic at Pittodrie.

One (had others yes but this was a bad one) bad loss & all players get it (rightly or wrongly)

Have to give new boys a chance....guy behind me last night shouting abuse at Smith....whats that? 3-4 games in for him? Who will come to AFC with idiots like that?

Exactly!

It's frustration that's causing it imo.

The fans have been down for years & were on everyones back for any reason. Brown arrived & we all hoped for a massive & quick turn around but it will take time.

A couple of bad performances & fans resort to what they're used to doing out of sheer frustration because they may not admit it but they had started to see signs of improvement/hope but will easily be turned back to the norm.

Although some are also only happy when they're moaning as well.

I'm not basing it on just last night, but since he's arrived i've seen nothing to suggest he's the answer to our striking issue.

If he'd been playing for Motherwell last night he'd have scored a couple don't you think?

I think the team failed as a whole not blaming individual players (well not really)

We were getting well beat even before Hartley went off but it was game over completely as soon as our supposed captain sensible head lost the plot.

Words are needed & Steel taed bits up the hoops

If he'd been playing for Motherwell last night he'd have scored a couple don't you think?

I think the team failed as a whole not blaming individual players (well not really)

We were getting well beat even before Hartley went off but it was game over completely as soon as our supposed captain sensible head lost the plot.

Words are needed & Steel taed bits up the hoops

I think some folk have got a little bit carried away with his performances at Motherwell tbh. He was their penalty taker was he not?

Anyway i agree the whole team were utter poop, but he just looked so disinterested last night. And the other games i've seen him play he's been largely anonymous. I hope he improves and proves me wrong but i don't know i just don't see any difference between him and Magennis so far.

I'm not basing it on just last night, but since he's arrived i've seen nothing to suggest he's the answer to our striking issue.

did we have a striking issue?

Vernon has gone on two good runs of form, both seemed to tie in with having a partner and the last was maguire.

This partnership has now been broken up

In 4 SPL games before blackman arrived we scored 6 goals vernon getting 4 of them, maguire 1 and folly 1 thats 5 from the forwards and 1 from midfield

In 3 SPL games since his arrival we have scored 3 goals blackman getting one jack one and aluko one thats 1 from the forwards and 2 from midfield

we seemed to have no striking issue and forwards finding the net and now have to rely on midfield scoring with his introduction and change to a 4 3 3 or 4 4 2 with maguire in midfield

Seems to me we have messed with a winning combination

did we have a striking issue?

Vernon has gone on two good runs of form, both seemed to tie in with having a partner and the last was maguire.

This partnership has now been broken up

In 4 SPL games before blackman arrived we scored 6 goals vernon getting 4 of them, maguire 1 and folly 1 thats 5 from the forwards and 1 from midfield

In 3 SPL games since his arrival we have scored 3 goals blackman getting one jack one and aluko one thats 1 from the forwards and 2 from midfield

we seemed to have no striking issue and forwards finding the net and now have to rely on midfield scoring with his introduction and change to a 4 3 3 or 4 4 2 with maguire in midfield

Seems to me we have messed with a winning combination

Sorry Bamber i never really worded that correctly. Was really meaning that Brown was so determined to get him i assumed he thought he'd slot in to the team and take pressure off Vernon and Bebo if maybe their form dipped but yes as you say he's actually disrupted their partnership.

I think some folk have got a little bit carried away with his performances at Motherwell tbh. He was their penalty taker was he not?

Anyway i agree the whole team were utter poop, but he just looked so disinterested last night. And the other games i've seen him play he's been largely anonymous. I hope he improves and proves me wrong but i don't know i just don't see any difference between him and Magennis so far.

I am not saying Blackman is great as he's yet to prove it for us but the big dif between himself & Magennis is that Magennis is just a BULL & will push anyone off the ball & run. Blackman has close control & a decent first touch from what I've seen but not seen any signs of this from Magennis yet.

I agree that there is no room in our current team for all three as our Midfield is far too weak.

One should be back up but I feel that Brown will keep playing Blackman (rightly or wrongly we will see) because he'll want to keep Kean sweet for any future loan deals & other teams managers.

Will not look good loaning a player & not playing him

Sorry Bamber i never really worded that correctly. Was really meaning that Brown was so determined to get him i assumed he thought he'd slot in to the team and take pressure off Vernon and Bebo if maybe their form dipped but yes as you say he's actually disrupted their partnership.

ok just misunderstood, it really is a pity that the the partnership has been disrupted - min you is it a bit of a masterstroke?

During that run Maguire was getting a lot of good press and forced his way into the scotland squadf (would he have done so if it wasnt for goodwillies off field activities?) and now he is disappearing off the sports page radar!

Oh just another thing re blackman

Notice that maguire has been told to ditch the orange boots (in the press last week) but came out for the first halfd wearing them second half back to normal boots, yuet blackman continually wears orange boots? why one rule for one and another for others?