Scott Tenorman Must Die

Bobby Connor

• 3 weeks later...

The last one concerned the Royal Wedding and the Canadian celebration of it. It had the potential to be amazing but had the fatal flaw of not having Cartman in it. New episode would have been aired last night. I'm away on business but I shall download it as soon as I get home. Not too impressed with new season so far though.

• Admin

Most good South Park episodes have a central theme or issue, with commentary about society or a current event, which genuinely makes you think. It's not just a cartoon with bad language and offensive subjects.

But what was enlightening about that episode? "LOL TRADITION IS STOOPID"?

• 2 weeks later...

i thought this weeks one was awful by normal standards.

well, the 1st 15 mins was bad. i just didnt find setting the joke up funny.

but....the twists with slash and EA was brilliant

far from a classic but those 2 punchlines were sensational and made this episode

• 3 weeks later...

taken from the episodes wiki page. can understand why they are struggling. they must feel like SP is just getting in the way of what new and exciting stuff they are trying to do

As contractually obligated, Stone and Parker were given one week to produce the episode, as with every other in the season.[2] Coinciding with production and performance of the Broadway musical The Book of Mormon produced by the South Park creators, there has been speculation over doubt within the writing team on the future of South Park.[3] Shortly after the opening of The Book of Mormon, an "exasperated" Parker commented to The Hollywood Reporter in reference to the upcoming season: "I don't know how we're going to do it. It's a nightmare."[2]

Comedy Central's press release prior to the airing of the episode alluded to its significance, stating: "After Stan celebrates his 10th birthday, he begins to see everything differently... The very fabric of South Park begins to unravel."[4]

Stone and Parker are contractually obligated to continue production through 2013,[2] and no other statements have been made regarding the episode's self-exasperate point of view by the series creators regarding continued writing and development. Production of South Park will not resume until fall of 2011.

Reception

In its original American broadcast on June 8, 2011, "You're Getting Old" was watched by 2.295 million viewers, according to Nielsen Media Research.[5]

It's easy to draw a lot of parallels between the Marsh males and what the SP creators themselves are surely going through. When Trey and Matt started this journey, they were young men challenging the world. Now they are middle-aged industry veterans with new interests and new perspectives. Maybe they've just outgrown their own brand of humor, and no longer want to try to appeal to the tastes of their younger audience.

Reaction to "You're Getting Old" was positive. Critics pointed to the self-referencing aim of the episode in growing older and redefining senses of humor as well as cynicism. IGN called the final moments of the episode "the most somber material the series has ever produced... providing the emotional soundtrack for a montage of images that just rip the heart out of any South Park fan.", giving the episode an 8.5/10[1] HitFix's review on the episode focused on its personal philosophic themes, stating "But what was interesting about Stan's existential crisis, and how he struggled to like anything, is that the show's philosophy has often largely been about how other people care too much about things... Yet here, Stan's lack of passion

So far this season for me:

Ipad episode- pretty good

Funnybot- shi t

Royal wedding- Pretty good, just for the last 20 seconds

T.M.I- Best so far in this season

Crack Baby- Horrendously shi t

City Sushi- Shi t

You're getting old- Pretty good, liked the ending.

Wouldn't like South Park get like The Simpsons, I think they should end it now.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...