Hartley

81 members have voted

1. 1. Would you drop Hartley for next Game?

• Yes
    • No

For me personally yes, thought our midfield looked a lot more lively with fitter players who all looked to get forward, gave Killie little time on the ball chasing everything up. I feel Hartley has a massive influence on the park but sadly I feel his legs are gone, would do us no harm to leave him out against bottom of the league.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me personally yes, thought our midfield looked a lot more lively with fitter players who all looked to get forward, gave Killie little time on the ball chasing everything up. I feel Hartley has a massive influence on the park but sadly I feel his legs are gone, would do us no harm to leave him out against bottom of the league.

Barring injuries there's no reason to change a team that just won 5-0.

If yesterdays midfield are all fit there's no way any should be dropped for Hartley. Yesterday Jack looked much happier out on the right compared to chasing shadows in the middle when playing with Hartley against Motherwell and Milsom and Young both did really well and chasing/closing down etc. It would be sheer stupidity to disrupt yesterdays team just to accomodate our ageing captain.

Maybe the return of Milsom and dropping of Blackman had a big bearing on yesterday too?

Considine back midweek too remember. I'm happy to go with whatever Brown decides, at least for once we've got competition for places.

Definitely, Milsom got forward more than Hartely would was a real bonus, and leaving out Blackman also helped, let us play two up top and leaving Bebo and Vernon to play in their natural postions, which was great because the two of them seem to have a good partnership going. As much as Blackman is a good player feel he upsets the balance when trying to fit him into the team.

I feel Hartley has a massive influence on the park

If he does have such an influence, and personally I think it is minimal, then it is far outweighed by his inability to keep up with play, resulting an an ineffective midfield for long periods of the game. Brown should take this opportunity to build a team without him in preparation for his departure at the end of the season.

In my opinion, he has been a handicap rather than an asset for the majority of his appearances since the early part of the season. His legs may have gone, but he just doesn't look fit enough either.

Agree.

I like Jack from what I've seen, but neither him nor Young create a massive amount from the middle so either being played next to Hartley is going to result in a pretty square central midfield (see Dunfermline) and Sone doesn't benefit from this as all the reliance to create is on him.

Or in other words, Hartley next to Milsom is a different kettle of fish. Young, Hartley and Jack (when Pawlett is fit) are all vying for the spot next to Milsom.

Jack had some good crosses yesterday on the right and linked up well with Mcnamee. Then as you say a fit Pawlett on the right will also be deadly, but feel Pawlett is going to spend more time on the treatment table than on the park really has done since he was a youth.

Boys it's not about dropping Hartley it's about using him properly-his range of passing is still great as are his deliveries and of course leadership and organisation.

His fitness means he can't play consecutive games though and he should be saved for big games for the remainder of this and next season.

I don't think thats going to be the case, the way we played yesterday just did not suit the guy a fluid attacking game.

Boys it's not about dropping Hartley it's about using him properly-his range of passing is still great as are his deliveries and of course leadership and organisation.

His fitness means he can't play consecutive games though and he should be saved for big games for the remainder of this and next season.

That's why i think he'd be ideal as a coach for us. His influence off the park can be just as vital on it.

Certainly would drop him, he deserves to be punished for Tuesday night alone.

He was a complete DICK in the way he handled himself & fkd our chances of getting anything in that game & possibly our top six chances as well & in doing that costing us a couple of thousand pounds when you take league position & attendances into consideration.

May not have won or even drawn the game anyway but he blew any chance of us getting anything.

We are in direct competition with Well for sixth place cos you have to assume that Utd will climb up further with their 4 games in hand.

Hartley hang your fkn heid! El Capitano ma arse!

• Admin

I think we should just retire the armband. The title of captain has been nothing but a poisoned chalice. It effectively gives the wearer immunity to being dropped, regardless of performances; which has definitely been to our detriment with previous captains. (severin, kerr, hartley)

Aye agree with what your saying in that respect, I'm sure he will be needed again at some point can see Broon going 4-5-1 against Hearts next week, just hope he uses Aluko and doesn't attempt to play with 3 strikers.

The Dons have always been a 4-4-2 team imo and shouldn't change that. The Jambos will play that and so should we.

I think we should just retire the armband. The title of captain has been nothing but a poisoned chalice. It effectively gives the wearer immunity to being dropped, regardless of performances; which has definitely been to our detriment with previous captains. (severin, kerr, hartley)

Add Diamond to that list too when he's deputised (or is that just him in general?)

with hartley being unable to chase games it puts added pressure on other midfielders, this could effect their ability to get forward and leave them more tired, sadly paul should be used sparingly, we need guys that have the legs for 90mins

Absolutely right. In my view his inability to keep up with play has been a major factor in many of our poor performances this season. He shouldn't even be used sparingly. Why he seems to be immune from criticism amazes me. Let's just admit that he's past it, his time is over, and I don't want someone with his disciplinary record coaching the youngsters. You'd think he was a Don's legend of some kind, he's only been here since last August.

Don't think he's immune at all looking at threads in recent weeks :dontknow:

I presume you want Simmie given the dunt from caoching the youngsters too on that basis?

Why would he want that exactly? ;)

Seriously though i know that the media just love to bring up the incident but that aside Simmie was not a dirty player, in fact i've always said it was bizzare that incident, so out of character, it's like he had a rush of blood to the head.

Yes.

However, we would need another leader on the park. Could it be Diamond? I'm unconvinced about his leadership skills, he needs to concentrate on his own game more than worrying about others. Could it be Young? Maybe, not sure though, although he is loud on the park.

Would really like to see a centre pairing of Jack and Milsom. Both get stuck in, Jack is extremely composed and Milsom is just ace. Don't think Pawlett is ready to be a first choice just yet so that would leave Young out wide even though he now seems to be a centre mid. I would like to see a midfield of:

Young....Jack....Milsom....Aluko

Don't think Brown will drop Hartley and even if he did he would play Young in the middle with Jack out wide which I am happy enough with for just now.

While I accept that we do need some experience in the middle usually cos it's such an important area but thinking on to next season.

We'll have Folly back & Fyvie & I'm happy having Folly sitting in behind either of a Fyvie & Jack & Milsom pairing or rotation if you like, that has the makings of a good midfield & breeds good competition in there & with Young as back up squad player.

This would work with a new (or maybe even two) experienced & good CH who could be made captain possibly.

What I'm getting at really is, if we can get rid of Hartley this Summer I will not miss him considering what he's given the team & compared to what he's likely taking in wages this season, it's a no brainer. Sorry Paul but can you really argue against this or justify your position in the team?