Aberdeen V Hearts

Couldn't see another thread and i'm looking forward to the game so much I thought i'd bash on!!

Early rise on Saturday and heading up for the game, looking forward to it, thoroughly enjoy my trips north these days.

Couple of hours beer time before the game and staying in town for a few hours afterwards.

Our team is pretty settled just now, but with Wallace being doubtful and Obua being pish, I expect a couple of changes.

Take it you lads are a bit more confident after Saturday's good result? Should make for a good game hopefully!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't see another thread and i'm looking forward to the game so much I thought i'd bash on!!

Early rise on Saturday and heading up for the game, looking forward to it, thoroughly enjoy my trips north these days.

Couple of hours beer time before the game and staying in town for a few hours afterwards.

Our team is pretty settled just now, but with Wallace being doubtful and Obua being pish, I expect a couple of changes.

Take it you lads are a bit more confident after Saturday's good result? Should make for a good game hopefully!

I thought the Celtic matches had knocked the stuffing out of us and we had a blip against Motherwell but then a great result on Saturday. Could be a very good game and I'd like to see our lot up for it even though theres nothing for us really to play for now except the Cup

• Site Sponsor

Squad of us going corporate but sitting in the RDS for the game.

Should be a decent game. I think that you guys have prospered this season from having a settled side.

I assume that it is generally a big punt up the park cutting out the midfield?

I thought the Celtic matches had knocked the stuffing out of us and we had a blip against Motherwell but then a great result on Saturday. Could be a very good game and I'd like to see our lot up for it even though theres nothing for us really to play for now except the Cup

Still got top six to play for surely? Time left for that, no?

We have a match tonight to worry about first.

True, but my team's not playing so i'm focused on Saturday :applause:

I assume that it is generally a big punt up the park cutting out the midfield?

Aberdeen or Hearts you talking about?

Our attacking players consist of Elliott, Suso, Skacel, Driver, Templeton & Glen ... all between 5'6 and 5'9...

None of these players get high balls played to them. It's a nice additional option to have when Kyle's fit, but that's not been the case recently...

• Site Sponsor

Our attacking players consist of Elliott, Suso, Skacel, Driver, Templeton & Glen ... all between 5'6 and 5'9...

None of these players get high balls played to them. It's a nice additional option to have when Kyle's fit, but that's not been the case recently...

It's just your manager's normal way of playing.

It's just your manager's normal way of playing.

:deadhorse:

What a lot of nonsense mate. In both of JJ's reigns at Hearts he encourages the team to get the ball down and get the wingers involved. If our style of football was lumping it up the park, then our best outfield players this season would not be Rudi, Temps & Suso...

Blah blah blah

We all know how Hearts play, and its how you won last time at Pittodrie - punt up to the big man. I watched Hearts at Ibrox and you played the worst kind of offensive hammer football I've seen in a while, and as much as I hate the Huns J83 it was pretty nasty stuff....

OK Kyle is out but Elliot is clearly effective as a target man at the top of a 451.

PS I'm not saying the Dons play like Brazil - far from it.

Blah blah blah

We all know how Hearts play, and its how you won last time at Pittodrie - punt up to the big man. I watched Hearts at Ibrox and you played the worst kind of offensive hammer football I've seen in a while, and as much as I hate the Huns J83 it was pretty nasty stuff....

OK Kyle is out but Elliot is clearly effective as a target man at the top of a 451.

It's a complete misconception based on how we played under certain managers in the recent past.

You're now just stereotyping that as how we play as a club. As I said, utter nonsense, but hey you're entitled to your opinion.

P.S Do you really feel we put 5 past you last time as a result of punting it up the park? Might want to watch the highlights...

Think we'll really struggle to get something from this game. Hearts have one of the best back lines in the SPL with Wallace, Webster and Zaliukas and are reasonably proficient going forward as well.

Jambo 83- why has templeton been on the bench the last few games? would of thought he was a better option that Suso.

P.S Do you really feel we put 5 past you last time as a result of punting it up the park? Might want to watch the highlights...

Hahaha, teh cheap shot - you've been saving that one haven't you? Suprised it took you so long.

The reason you scored 5 goals against that Aberdeen team isn't because you played silky soccer on the deck, its because the players had just chucked it under their previous manager and were a managerless mess.

And you only scored 5-! :hysterical:

But seriously, lets not drift away from the point - JJ loves his rough and tough doesn't he - wish we could play a bit of it sometimes, maybe we'd be up there near 3rd too.

Blah blah blah

Living in Edinburgh, and with most friends being Hearts supporters, I am constantly exposed to talk of Hearts, and judging by what they say as well as watching the highlights of every SPL game, I can tell you that one of the main reasons for Hearts' success this season is down to their attractive, flowing and passing style which has got the better of most teams this season.

Yes, with Kevin Kyle on the pitch it does give them the option of punting it up, but rarely have I seen them use him with such an intention. It is usually played to him for him to hold up and players like Skacel, Templeton etc to play off down the wings. Kyle hasn't played many games recently anyway, and they've still been winning. Stephen Elliott is pretty small to be defined as a "target man". His goals seem to have come from good wing play or passes through the middle.

I wouldn't say Hearts won the game at Pittodrie due to them booting it up to Kyle all the time either. I seem to remember Suso tearing Considine a new one, with McArdle keeping Kyle relatively quiet.

Anyway, don't know why I'm defending Hearts, can't stand them. However what you were saying about them wasn't entirely correct.

• Site Sponsor

:deadhorse:

What a lot of nonsense mate. In both of JJ's reigns at Hearts he encourages the team to get the ball down and get the wingers involved. If our style of football was lumping it up the park, then our best outfield players this season would not be Rudi, Temps & Suso...

Naw

Living in Edinburgh, and with most friends being Hearts supporters, I am constantly exposed to talk of Hearts, and judging by what they say as well as watching the highlights of every SPL game, I can tell you that one of the main reasons for Hearts' success this season is down to their attractive, flowing and passing style which has got the better of most teams this season.

Yes, with Kevin Kyle on the pitch it does give them the option of punting it up, but rarely have I seen them use him with such an intention. It is usually played to him for him to hold up and players like Skacel, Templeton etc to play off down the wings. Kyle hasn't played many games recently anyway, and they've still been winning. Stephen Elliott is pretty small to be defined as a "target man". His goals seem to have come from good wing play or passes through the middle.

I wouldn't say Hearts won the game at Pittodrie due to them booting it up to Kyle all the time either. I seem to remember Suso tearing Considine a new one, with McArdle keeping Kyle relatively quiet.

Anyway, don't know why I'm defending Hearts, can't stand them. However what you were saying about them wasn't entirely correct.

Well you've been brainwashed by their pish then, get your arse to Pittodrie more often and ditch the maroon top min-!

Hearts know how to mix it with their physical football and they are very good at it. Wake up.

Well you've been brainwashed by their pish then, get your arse to Pittodrie more often and ditch the maroon top min-!

Hearts know how to mix it with their physical football and they are very good at it. Wake up.

Don't get me wrong, I HATE Hearts! Whilst they do ruff it up a bit, most of their success has been down to good football and not the typical lump up the park business.

Oh, and I'd rather die than wear a maroon top.

True, but my team's not playing so i'm focused on Saturday :applause:

I shall now bite.

Cracking chance for us, win this and were certainly putting the cat amongst the pigeons. We will have to raise our game from last night, but i must say im rather confident.

Considine in for Rory most definitely. Pawlett/ Paton in for Jack.

COYR

Big game for us as a win (or perhaps even draw) would certainly put us in the mix for top six with six games to play. Think Jack should get a rest as he was quiet against Hamilton and potentially McArdle could be dropped. Not all that hopeful really as hearts on good run but we'll see.

Well said mate :thumbs:

How can you play hoofball in a team with the 4 players I mentioned earlier?! It's a lot of Nish.

Jambo 83- why has templeton been on the bench the last few games? would of thought he was a better option that Suso.

He went off the boil a bit, suppose it was always going to happen, and Suso was different class earlier in the season before getting injured. He was excellent last time we were at Pittodrie too if I recall correctly, gave your midfield and defence a torrid time with his skill and pace.

Anyway, the real business, will most boozers be open at 10am or only a select few? We hit the monkey house last time we were up early but the ginger cow behind the bar was crabbit as feck! Hope she's not on again...