Jerel Ifil

From This is Bristol:

BREAKING NEWS: Bristol Rovers complete deal to sign Jerel Ifil

​Bristol Rovers have this morning completed the signing of defender Jerel Ifil on non-contract terms until the end of the season.

Ifil goes straight into the squad for Saturday's trip to Brentford after impressing during a week-long trial. The no-nonsense centre-back has been without a club since leaving Scottish Premier League club Aberdeen in January.

He started his career at Watford as an apprentice before moving on to Swindon Town, where he made almost 200 appearances over a five-year spell. Ifil left for Pittodrie in 2009 and featured 44 times for Aberdeen.

Good luck to the guy, whatever his skills, he always showed commitment

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much so, he put it out of play when needed, obviously his passing could be better but I thought he got a hard time when here.

He got a hard time from most because he was quite probably the worst footballer I've seen in my time watching the dons.

His loon went to Glashie with a couple of my pals loons and they always said he was a very nice guy and very approachable. So for your commitment whilst a don and for being a nice guy I wish you all the very beast Jerel.

But you were $hite

classic fishing

shut your mouth in situations like this niall, youre almost bearable

Ah here's the usualy "You are fishing" thing, classic, Ifil was alright, his bad games usually came when he was playing along side Diamond, where as when he was next to Considine he had a fairly good game from time to time.

His loon went to Glashie with a couple of my pals loons and they always said he was a very nice guy and very approachable. So for your commitment whilst a don and for being a nice guy I wish you all the very beast Jerel.

A recorded interview with him was shown at half time on one of the matches covered by BBC Alba at the start of the season, and he came across as a decent bloke. When the interviewer asked him for something we didn't know about him he said he was a born again Christian.

Ah here's the usualy "You are fishing" thing, classic, Ifil was alright, his bad games usually came when he was playing along side Diamond, where as when he was next to Considine he had a fairly good game from time to time.

Exactly, Now I'm not saying that Considine & Ifil are Jaap Stams but most of the times where either got slatted to fk they were playing along side Diamond (funny that eh) & yet when they both played along side each other as CHs they put up quite a wee run of clean sheets & great performances & Considine also gets it as LB which he will never be any good at but he's asked to fill a hole cos there was no others.

Ifil also filled in as RB & LB a couple of times. I see Diamond as the main weakness in our defence.

Ifyl you weren't great but you suffered alot because of the great Diamond, so good luck to you lad, I hope you do well for BRfc

Pretty much so, he put it out of play when needed, obviously his passing could be better but I thought he got a hard time when here.

He also kept putting it out of play when NOT needed. Good luck to him - if clubs are willing to pay him a wage then more fool them.

Ifil had some howlers, usually when being played as a right back - his distribution was dreadful but he was a strong centre half and was rarely muscled out of it like some centre halfs I could mention (hello Zander). In general he was poor in a poor team but in his best run with Considine he reached levels of adequacy as a defender, distribution was awful though. We have had worse but should do better. He always seemed to try and for that he gets plus marks and I wish him well.

Never ever a right back though, playing him there was suicidal for the team, him and ultimately the manager.

Awful distribution as well - and defenders do need to be able to pass.

Good luck to you.

Wright was way worse, plus he cost a transfer fee, Jerel just didnt butter the parsnips unfortunately

haha aye the best part o 100k for the wrightster is not good business like!! but in my opinion, ifil is still the worst by far. i seriously think he's so bad he widna look too good playin in the highland league, terrible terrible player with no abilities whatsoever. just brute strength which he still didna even know how t use to his advantage!

Thought he was decent at the start of last season when he was paired with Considine. Did we not go 5 games without conceding a goal or something like that? Anyway, when Diamond came along he turned in to an utter bombscare. His distribution was beyond belief given he was a professional footballer. How anybody could not improve their passing even a little bit was quite stunning actually.

Anyway, good luck to him and I hope he does well.