St Johnstone V Aberdeen

Would say a win is a must to keep us in hunt for top 6 - lose and just can't see it happening. St Johnstone i don't think will be main challenge for top 6 place as United, Inverness and Motherwell are better placed and we still need to get above 2 of those 3.

Performance doesn't matter, would love a scrappy 1 nil victory here.

Assume Blackman will come in for Maguire but hope were prepared to change it to influence the game as Vernon and Blackman haven't looked great the last few games and maybe Magennis or Aluko could be the matchwinners here.

Can see this being a close game. St Johnstone have kept 5 clean sheets in last 5 home games and without Maguire can see us struggling upfront as Blackman and Vernon are to similar and do not seem to work well together. Also their pitch makes ours look like a bowling green so think Aluko may struggle to make an impact. Suspect this might finish 0-0.

I think Craig Brown will make a few changes for this one.

Would it be the best idea to play Sone Aluko on a pitch that is apparently worse than Motherwell's and our own one? Just not sure the more skillful players are going to get much joy in this one. Anyway, my team would be:

Langfield

McNamee McArdle Considine Smith

Aluko (prefer him on the right to cut inside) Hartley Milsom Jack

Vernon Magennis

The Vernon/Blackman partnership doesn't seem to be that effective - would like to see how Vernon would get on when paired with Magennis.

Bonus for us is that I think Michael Duberry is out for St Johnstone through injury. The boy's a beast, means we might win more in the air against their defence than usual.

I predict 2-0 to us.

I still think that the top six push is just too much for us now.

Lose, or even draw tonight & it's gone for sure but I still think that even with a win I'd be amazed if we managed to sneak in.

Motherwell are our only realistic target imo, 7 points behind them & yet to play them but they're hitting form now, so doubtful that they'll drop the reqired amount of points for us to catch them.

Really hope that we can pull it off cos as Broon says, for every position up the league we finish it's worth another player financially.

I'd start with Blackman as he is a considerably better player.

Hence, Cardiff freed Magennis and Blackburn (who play in the division above) have signed Blackman up on a longer term deal.

Speaks for itself, really.

Without a doubt, and he looked very sharp and strong in his brief cameo on Saturday.

Magennis should never start any game, his only value is as a nuisance substitute in games where the opposition defenders are tired.

time to forget the top six. let's just make sure we make it to the scottish cup final. hopefully win it or get drawn against celtic so even if we lose we still get into europe.

No we wouldn't cos runners up no longer get the Euro place, it goes to league position now (otherwise Ross County would have been in Europe this season).

Winners of cup only get Euro spot, so we have to do the proper respectful DESERVED way :crossfingers:

[/b]

No we wouldn't cos runners up no longer get the Euro place, it goes to league position now (otherwise Ross County would have been in Europe this season).

Winners of cup only get Euro spot, so we have to do the proper respectful DESERVED way :crossfingers:

Slightly incorrect. If you get beat in the final by a team with a Champions league place you will still get into europe.

Slightly incorrect. If you get beat in the final by a team with a Champions league place you will still get into europe.

Not so sure about that, as I understood it the SCP now ONLY gets winners place full stop.

& if what you say is true it probably doesn't matter either way cos Huns are taking the league at the mo

What? Tims are miles clear in the league aren't they?

At the moment yes they are top but not miles & if the huns win there games in hand (which they likely will) & they will be top.

I thought the huns were out of it but they did actually strengthen enough in Jan to get back in there, Hate saying it though.