Ban The Old Firm Game - Head Of Police

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Murder and Mayhem"

23 arrests at the game

A further 229 later in the day.

I'd like to know how many arrests there are in and around Glasgow on a normal Saturday. I'd say it would be around about the same, maybe slightly less as it was an early kick off.

I see no mention of anyone being murdered either in weeg that day.

f**king pillocks like this top pig give Scotland a worse name than the 229 people arrested for being pished and arguing outside nightclubs in football colours.

Over dramatic garbage.

"Murder and Mayhem"

23 arrests at the game

I'd like to know how many arrests there are in and around Glasgow on a normal Saturday. I'd say it would be around about the same, maybe slightly less as it was an early kick off.

f**king pillocks like this top pig give Scotland a worse name than the 229 people arrested for being pished and arguing outside nightclubs in football colours.

Over dramatic garbage.

bang on.

Pigs wanting to charge, again, for what pigs should be doing anyway, policing the streets.

Dave Whelan at Wigan took the pigs on for extortionate charging, and won. Bunch of elitist arseholes from top to bottom in the force.

Having said that, I'm all for the problems of Rangers and Celtic being highlighted further. Maybe then we can restore some sanity to our game and get the likes of a pint at the match and Friday night games, both of which are impossible with these two vile clubs and their cretin followers.

Pigs wanting to charge, again, for what pigs should be doing anyway, policing the streets.

Dave Whelan at Wigan took the pigs on for extortionate charging, and won. Bunch of elitist arseholes from top to bottom in the force.

Having said that, I'm all for the problems of Rangers and Celtic being highlighted further. Maybe then we can restore some sanity to our game and get the likes of a pint at the match and Friday night games, both of which are impossible with these two vile clubs and their cretin followers.

I detest the OF as much as the next bloke but no they are not TUP

They are not possible because people are made to think its going to kick off. You honestly believe that Aberdeen v ITC would have massive battles because it was on a Friday@8.00pm and there were bars in the dickie and south stand?

The 3 pints people could drink during the game would make feck all difference to the amount of trouble outside a ground.

I'd even say a Friday 8.00pm kick off would have less trouble because 75% of us would be working until 5-5.30, going for a beer or 2 and then heading to the match.

Its all a f**king myth perpetuated by the police and the local government to make sure they dont have to do anything extra/they dont want to do.

"Murder and Mayhem"

23 arrests at the game

Over dramatic garbage.

Totally agree Bri

I detest the OF as much as the next bloke but no they are not TUP

They are not possible because people are made to think its going to kick off. You honestly believe that Aberdeen v ITC would have massive battles because it was on a Friday@8.00pm and there were bars in the dickie and south stand?

The 3 pints people could drink during the game would make feck all difference to the amount of trouble outside a ground.

I'd even say a Friday 8.00pm kick off would have less trouble because 75% of us would be working until 5-5.30, going for a beer or 2 and then heading to the match.

Its all a f**king myth perpetuated by the police and the local government to make sure they dont have to do anything extra/they dont want to do.

Well the 1980 cup final wisna a myth, and this is what they base all subsequent decisions on, so it's the fault of the Old Firm.

Of course these games would pass without incident, but if we were to allow Aberdeen vs ICT, but not Rangers vs Celtic, the league and/or police would be accused of bias.

So it's their fault we can't have it.

Well the 1980 cup final wisna a myth, and this is what they base all subsequent decisions on, so it's the fault of the Old Firm.

Of course these games would pass without incident, but if we were to allow Aberdeen vs ICT, but not Rangers vs Celtic, the league and/or police would be accused of bias.

So it's their fault we can't have it.

And 1980 is relevant to 2011 because?

In 1980 you people would still say the word coon in the street to someone that was black and it wasnt frowned upon.

In 1980 men could still grab womens arses or offer to weigh their breasts on a night out and everyone laughed

Just because something happened 30 years ago TUP that doesnt mean it will happen now. For 99% of people that 30 years has brought a change in attitude, for some like the PC bragade that change has went too far. For the 1% left it wouldnt matter if there was drink at the games or what day of the week it was, they'll still act like nobs.

One thing i will say, its not purely weegies that cause the trouble at these games! Old firm fans crawl from under rocks from all over scotland, N.I and england.

There is definitely a huge difference in Glasgow after an Old Firm game. The city centre is horrendous in places. My mates and I avoid unless there is a good reason to be there. The early start may well reduce the trouble at the game, but it just means that fans have the rest of the day to bevvy, causing its own problems.

Les Gray is the police federation head honcho, which is like a union for polis, so he certainly won't be trying to get more dosh out of the old firm for policing.

I can see both sides of the argument here.

You could say it's over the top...but it's not that long ago that there was something like 6 consecutive OF games where somebody was killed as a direct result of the overspill of hatred from the game.

Maybe aboot ten years ago.

Definitely recall such a stat.

Maybe some hoor could sniff it oot.

I've had too much wine.

Wow. That is an incredibly frank interview. The police officer makes some good points bourn out of frustration that his budget is under pressure. I don't blame him as the whole thing is just so avoidable - seriously, it is the 3rd millennium and we still have to worry about going into the city centre after a football match? It's embarrassing .....

Rangers and Celtic could both help by reducing the rhetoric.....but they cannot control the behaviour of people outside the ground.

"Murder and Mayhem"

23 arrests at the game

Over dramatic garbage.

Agreed. Saw something recently saying that normally between 180 to 190 arrests in Glasgow over a weekend.

As K9 says looks like some polis chief looking for an excuse to increase the cost of plicing the match.

Agreed. Saw something recently saying that normally between 180 to 190 arrests in Glasgow over a weekend.

As K9 says looks like some polis chief looking for an excuse to increase the cost of plicing the match.

Which isn't surprising given the budget constraints. What he is doing is protecting himself against a backlash from the general public if crime goes up because his budget is cut, by highlighting the money wasted on football he is appealing to the majority of people in this country who are not interested in football but are interested in crime levels.

Whilst accepting the police generally are a bunch of c**ts (and there are too many of them at Pittodrie) irt can't be denied their budgets are under pressure and there are better ways for them to spend their money than on football.....Besides, the OF can afford it.

there was a debate on this on Radio Scotland from 9 til 10 this morning. The head of police made some excellent points and also said that although he would have it banned he knew it wasn't possible. He was trying to bring this to the front of the media's attention and let everyone know what they are dealing with on a day of the old firm derby.

there were plenty f**king scum bags on it as well, one tim in particular said shouting monkey chants at Diouf is not racist abuse. There were quite a few sensible points made by them and at one point the police chief lad acknowledged alcohol is only part of the cocktail of bile that comes with the OF. The presenter made sure that other were made aware of this and that other fans can enjoy a drink with out the sort of behaviour associated with the OF game.

to be fair one wee ned pretending to be a monkey inside a football stadium is not a matter worthy of the amount of attention it has been given. if that's something they feel the need to highlight and make a fuss over then the match is not exactly a hotbed of serious incident and violence, eh.

you are missing the point completely. That incident was only highlighted by the news of world (no surprise there). The police office had no idea about it as he didn't read it, there are hundreds of incidents that go on with the OF garbage and this guy only wants to highlight this and hopefully reduce it, its a massive cost to tax payers and a massive operation for the police.

there was a debate on this on Radio Scotland from 9 til 10 this morning. The head of police made some excellent points and also said that although he would have it banned he knew it wasn't possible. He was trying to bring this to the front of the media's attention and let everyone know what they are dealing with on a day of the old firm derby.

there were plenty f**king scum bags on it as well, one tim in particular said shouting monkey chants at Diouf is not racist abuse. There were quite a few sensible points made by them and at one point the police chief lad acknowledged alcohol is only part of the cocktail of bile that comes with the OF. The presenter made sure that other were made aware of this and that other fans can enjoy a drink with out the sort of behaviour associated with the OF game.

Aye it was very good, some real crackers but it just added to the point.

We need more of this and less of the tabloid o.f. shyte.

The sooner people realise what these clubs are about and stop glory hunting and/or snub them the sooner we'll have a better quality of football.

aye but it's worth mentioning the worst incidents are nothing to do with football though. we're not speaking about warring mobs like a millwall v west gam set up. it's much more to do with alcohol abuse and what goes on well away from the football and even in many cases the city of glasgow itself.

the cop needs to be aiming his gun of blame at the supermarkets who sell booze at a ridiculously low price and the pubs and clubs that continue to serve folk drink even when it's obvious they are in the advance stages of intoxication.

aye but it's worth mentioning the worst incidents are nothing to do with football though. we're not speaking about warring mobs like a millwall v west gam set up. it's much more to do with alcohol abuse and what goes on well away from the football and even in many cases the city of glasgow itself.

the cop needs to be aiming his gun of blame at the supermarkets who sell booze at a ridiculously low price and the pubs and clubs that continue to serve folk drink even when it's obvious they are in the advance stages of intoxication.

the guy has said that the arrests and incidents report go up drastically when they play so it has everything to with football, sure there's alcohol abuse but the core of it is the hatred between these shower of c**ts. They go out to get pished because the OF are playing.

There's another issue I think that they did not touch on. the main attraction to this match is the intense hatred and rivalry, its a game watched all over the world and without the hatred I don't believe it would be that popular, the SPL would not have that in a million years.

as a side note, there was one caller who claimed this match was an asset to Scotland WTF??