Megginson To Brechin On Loan

Do you have a crystal ball ?

No, I just happen to know a good player when I see one.

Megginson is an excellent football player, who very obviously needs to toughen up, and cut his teeth with proper, competitive first team football.

After which he'll be ready to play for us, he already has the ability, he just needs to add the experience and nous to that.

No, I just happen to know a good player when I see one.

Megginson is an excellent football player, who very obviously needs to toughen up, and cut his teeth with proper, competitive first team football.

After which he'll be ready to play for us, he already has the ability, he just needs to add the experience and nous to that.

More unsubstantiated arrogant tosh Tup , what qualifies you to offer this ?

More unsubstantiated arrogant tosh Tup , what qualifies you to offer this ?

It's an opinion, my point of view.

What qualifies you to question my opinion on what constitutes a good player?

Offer me an alternative opinion, instead of whining like a child, and I'll debate the issue.

But if your only purpose on the thread is to counter me with facetious pish like above, and post#3, then you can forget me lowering myself to argue with you on that level.

They will be lucky to still have a manager by end of today i would have thought.

The board asked him to resign at the weekend and he said no, wanting his contract paid out. So it they dig into their pockets he'll be gone.

I didn't realise the sorry state of them at the moment... bottom and clear at the bottom. Terrible. Must be all those AFC rejects taking PFC down.

It's an opinion, my point of view.

What qualifies you to question my opinion on what constitutes a good player?

Offer me an alternative opinion, instead of whining like a child, and I'll debate the issue.

But if your only purpose on the thread is to counter me with facetious pish like above, and post#3, then you can forget me lowering myself to argue with you on that level.

I know a good player when I see one ? What skills/ability does Megginson possess that gives you this perspective

I know a good player when I see one ? What skills/ability does Megginson possess that gives you this perspective

He's good at football.

He's not an athlete, so many youths coming through these days are really fit and strong but have very little ability with a ball at their feet.

Megginson is an old school player, the exact opposite to that, in that he can play a bit, but lacks the power and muscle to compete with those mentioned above.

And in Scotland we are always guilty of putting height and strength ahead of ability at a young age.

This move is an excellent idea and will, I predict, be the making of him in terms of getting a first team place at the Dons on a regular basis. Perhaps also a spell in the First Division in the early part of next season, but he's close as it is and just needs the first team fitba to push on.

He's good at football.

He's not an athlete, so many youths coming through these days are really fit and strong but have very little ability with a ball at their feet.

Megginson is an old school player, the exact opposite to that, in that he can play a bit, but lacks the power and muscle to compete with those mentioned above.

And in Scotland we are always guilty of putting height and strength ahead of ability at a young age.

This move is an excellent idea and will, I predict, be the making of him in terms of getting a first team place at the Dons on a regular basis. Perhaps also a spell in the First Division in the early part of next season, but he's close as it is and just needs the first team fitba to push on.

Good man back yir statements up wi sound analysis and I will tend to agree

Proved he can score goals albeit at U19 level. Very quick of the mark, has a good burst of pace about him. Likes to take players on and is very confident.

Negatively he is a bit short and coming up against bigger central defenders may be a problem.

This is having watched him in the U19. Of what I've been told he's highly thought of by Brown and is definitely the next one knocking on the door.

He's good at football.

I actually posted a while back saying in Britain we're training athletes to be footballers rather than training footballers to be athletes and was basically told I was speaking sh*te, until Robbo on here, who helped out with The Cardiff FC academy backed up my point.

That's the only reason Mackie and Foster have made it as far as they have.

I've read that Aberdeen have started putting much more emphasis on skill over physique these days and I think that's proven with some of the players who have made their debut under McGhee so the future could be very rosey for us.

You're less of a tube today min :thumbup1:

I actually posted a while back saying in Britain we're training athletes to be footballers rather than training footballers to be athletes and was basically told I was speaking sh*te, until Robbo on here, who helped out with The Cardiff FC academy backed up my point.

That's the only reason Mackie and Foster have made it as far as they have.

I've read that Aberdeen have started putting much more emphasis on skill over physique these days and I think that's proven with some of the players who have made their debut under McGhee so the future could be very rosey for us.

You're less of a tube today min :thumbup1:

That was certainly the case but I'm confident those days are firmly in the past now. From my experiences over the last 3 years there is a HUGE emphasis on skill. The advance centres that were the brainchild of, amongst others, Jim Crawford have been fantastic in trying to encourage flair. It is all about touch and technique, each child has a ball and finish with small sided games. Then the training the lads fortunate enough to be invited in to the Youth Academy receive, is an extension of this, added with a bit of graft too. I've had my eyes opened this season with travelling the country to watch other youth academys. The natural talent in the younger age groups, not only at the Dons, but in most other clubs has to be seen. it may have been like that in years gone by and boys always fall by the wayside, but the future, in my opinion, looks very rosy.