Bloody awful, thats how to sum it up. Few positives to take.

Langfield - 2 or 3 great saves, man of the match.

All Defenders - Lost too many headers, though generally solid, distribution awful

Milsom - Poorest I've seen him, ball misplaced far too often, though unlucky with shot that was just tipped over

Hartley - Looked a bit sharper, won a fair few tackles.

Jack - Anonymous

Aluko - Best outfield player by a mile, anything positive came through him

Vernon - Nothing stuck, anything he won was quickly interrupted by the referee's whistle

Blackman - Crap and anonymous, barely passed a ball and missed a great chance when put through

Subs

Magennis - Got stuck in, but had little to work with

Vujadinovic - Solid enough

Young - Not as anonymous as Jack, but close.

St. Johnstone's pitch looked as bad as ours, and by half time looked 10 times as bad, impossible to play any decent football, although Aluko gave it a good go. Our passing was pretty poor overall and we were pretty lucky to escape with a draw.

Oh and Dougie McDonald - muppet

Wasn't there and never bothered listening to the game and seems like i made the right decision in the end. I did say i would reluctantly give Blackman the benefit of the doubt but if your opinion is anything to go by stirlingsheep then i might just have to say again that Blackman has been a poor acquisition.

Rubbish game. At least we didn't get beat.

Langfield: Made some cracking saves. Had it not been for him we could have been comfortably beaten. 8/10

McNamee: Control and passing was generally poor. Coped reasonably well with the defensive side of things though. 5/10

McArdle: Looked fairly solid until he went off. 6/10

Considine: Thought he did well. Much better at centre back than left back anyway. 6/10

Smith: Did ok, tried to make things work in attack down the left but was too obvious at times. 6/10

Jack: As noted already, anonymous. A few decent touches and passes, but seemed more keen to go backwards than forwards. 5/10

Hartley: Tried to make things work in midfield and close them down. 6/10

Milsom: Didn't have a great game tonight. Often chose the wrong ball and was caught short with some of his passing. 5/10

Aluko: Best outfield player. Gave it a real go and was skipping past the St Johnstone players. 7/10

Vernon: Doesn't seem to click with Blackman. Got in to the right places and anticipated situations well as usual, just didn't come off for him. 6/10

Blackman: Poor. Didn't read any of Vernon's flick ons and is not the type of player who can play along side him. 4/10

Subs:

Young: Didn't really make much of an impact.

Vujadinovic: Couldn't really make it out from where I was sitting but think he went in to clear one off the line (ended up limping because if it).

Magennis: Added a bit of a spark towards the end but too little too late unfortunately.

All in all it is quite difficult to pin point where the problem was tonight. Certainly think we missed Chris Maguire. The gap between midfield and attack, which he often roams between, was huge and we missed being able to play it in to him and have guys like Vernon feed off him. Hope Brown goes with Magennis or maybe even Paton over Blackman on Monday night.

I take it you mean Craig Thompson? ;)

Certainly gave some needless fouls, just added to the scrappy, stop start nature of the game.

I'm just in now.

Very poor performance - think langfield would be man of the match as the rest of the team were guff tonight.

Looked like since the game against hearts, rather than training the team have been practicing punting the ball as hard as they can away from each other or seeing how high in the air they can kick it. Second to every ball. Midfeld posted missing. Whats happened to Milsom? He was sh*t hot against Hearts. Aluko played some good stuff on the wing but thats it. 2/10 for entertainment i'd say. Hoofball.

Blackman isn't working out. Slow to react. Not sure whats wrong but I'd play Big Mage ahead of him on Monday. Think we missed Bebo tonight. And dare i say Mackie - he'd have put in a better shift than Nick did.

I take it you mean Craig Thompson? ;)

whatever. they are all the same.

it was awful, probably worst dons performance I've seen since Brown took over. Most of our players didn't look up for it at all (even looking unfit at times), especially Nick Blackman, who I've still yet to see do anything in a red jersey. He doesn't look interested at all, I can't believe he was able to score 11 (?) league goals in the first half of the season - maybe he's just not suited to our style of play. You certainly can't have a front 2 of him and Vernon, who again wasn't at his best last night (his passing just didn't seem to work out)

There was no width to the team either last night - part of that was st johnston forcing us to play that way, but smith was trying to create some space out on the wing and noone seemed to notice for the majority of the game. Also didn't help that Jack was playing far too centrally

Thought defensively we were poor, how we managed to keep a clean sheet I'll never know, defence were second to every ball or winnging nothing in the air, and while Langfield made some decent saves, he was flapping about a lot.

Aluko only one that gets pass marks from me, maybe Langfield... and Blackman gets one more game to convince me. Overall I think we were fortunate to get away with a point, and it's put me off going to Tynecastle on Monday

All Defenders - Lost too many headers, though generally solid, distribution awful

Milsom - Poorest I've seen him, ball misplaced far too often, though unlucky with shot that was just tipped over

Jack - Anonymous

Vernon - Nothing stuck, anything he won was quickly interrupted by the referee's whistle

Blackman - Crap and anonymous, barely passed a ball and missed a great chance when put through

Subs

St. Johnstone's pitch looked as bad as ours, and by half time looked 10 times as bad, impossible to play any decent football, although Aluko gave it a good go. Our passing was pretty poor overall and we were pretty lucky to escape with a draw.

decent assessment

my thoughts

Langfield - saved us from a 3/4 goal hammering 9/10

MacNammee - awful, couldnt tackle, never passed to a red top all night and for some reason in the first half kept on trying to check on to his right and got robbed 2/10

Considine - Couldnt win a header first half, had a feeling he would be sent off, reckless in the tackle 5/10

McArdle - couldnt win a header against 3ft McDonald in the first half. can tackle like the best of them but distribution is awful 6/10

Smith - Got forward well but his height could be a liability, noticed he struggled with the long diagonal ball in first 20mins 6/10

Milsom - good on the ball but tired near the end 6/10

Hartley - won a few tackles and drove the team on...legs are going but and last 20 mins struggled to get back 6/10

Jack was on the right but kept drifting inside, so much room but was anonymous 3/10

Aluko - when the wee man is interested he is a joy to watch, some really good runs 7/10

Vernon - Nothing stuck, worked hard but nothing happened all night 5/10

Blackman - was disappointed with him. like Vernon nothing happened for him but didnt work as herd. 4/10

Subs

Young - not really an impact sub...thought Pawlett in the last 10 mins would have been a better option

Jack - Anonymous

Subs

That's cos he's a Hibee (& that is FACT)

Draw suits them best for highest league placing & financial gain.

Am I Paranoid?? :itch-chin:

That's cos he's a Hibee (& that is FACT)

Draw suits them best for highest league placing & financial gain.

Am I Paranoid?? :itch-chin:

Well seen as Craig Thompson was the referee I don't think Mr McDonald had much of an input. Unless of course, he done an Uri Geller.

Langfield done what he was supposed to do. Came out feeling he done well but was there really anything that any keeper wouldn't have comfortably saved. The one on one was straight at him! Distribution awful, and that's being kind. Don't think he's got the "footballing brain" to distribute the ball properly. To pose a threat to anyone we need a better keeper.

Vernon and Blackman both struggled tonight. Would have took them both of. No flow what so ever, referee was far to stop,start. Langfield 3 fantastic saves. Considine and Mcardle looked solid,most definitely the preferred partnership. Aluko looked to be our only spark going forward,tried to get something going all night. First time ill say this but, We Missed Maguire!

Well seen as Craig Thompson was the referee I don't think Mr McDonald had much of an input. Unless of course, he done an Uri Geller.

Langfield done what he was supposed to do. Came out feeling he done well but was there really anything that any keeper wouldn't have comfortably saved. The one on one was straight at him! Distribution awful, and that's being kind. Don't think he's got the "footballing brain" to distribute the ball properly. To pose a threat to anyone we need a better keeper.

trying to be nice but thats just rubbish!...at least 2 or 3 top class saves!

Well I'm sure the highlgihts will tell the full story.

Lately people have been going on about top class saves and when we've all seen them again on the highlights they've all been saves that it'd be inexcusable for him not to save.

Oh well I just assumed Stirling sheep was right.

What would I know, am on an oil rig half way between Aberdeen & Stavanger.

Well I'm sure the highlgihts will tell the full story.

Lately people have been going on about top class saves and when we've all seen them again on the highlights they've all been saves that it'd be inexcusable for him not to save.

Depends which scale you look at...

The normal scale (where most keepers are scored from)

The Clangers scale (whole other scale way below normal) which a normal save would be classed higher because it's good for his standard

Saw Skysports quick action of the game and the one i thought was top class save actually hit an Aberdeen player than Langfield saving it. Although Langfield kept us in the game his decision making at times still gets him into trouble - coming for balls that shouldn't come for or not coming for the ball when its clearly his to get - same last night at times.

Thought Considine did well and considering McArdle was having a nightmare beside him and it was no wonder McArdle got hooked. Aluko did look our most dangerous player but the positive was we didn't play that well and got a draw when before we would have lost these sort of games.

Sadly i thought this game was more a must win game to have a chance of top 6 but we never went for it. Need results to go our way now and win the rest of games - but top 6 isn't really that much to play for is it with no european place for 4th - money i suppose.

Saw Skysports quick action of the game and the one i thought was top class save actually hit an Aberdeen player than Langfield saving it. Although Langfield kept us in the game his decision making at times still gets him into trouble - coming for balls that shouldn't come for or not coming for the ball when its clearly his to get - same last night at times.

Thought Considine did well and considering McArdle was having a nightmare beside him and it was no wonder McArdle got hooked. Aluko did look our most dangerous player but the positive was we didn't play that well and got a draw when before we would have lost these sort of games.

Sadly i thought this game was more a must win game to have a chance of top 6 but we never went for it. Need results to go our way now and win the rest of games - but top 6 isn't really that much to play for is it with no european place for 4th - money i suppose.

He's a strange player. Looks good in games then decides to have a stinker the next one and then back to playing well again. Noticed this a few times this season.