Dundee Utd V Aberdeen

The 3-1 defeat down there was one of those moments where following the fairly positive start to the season you felt that things might be going in a downward spiral. I was so close to walking out after 10 minutes that day but somehow managed to stay till the end.

Our form is bit up and down at the moment. Thankfully now it seems when we have an off day we still have a chance of holding out for a point rather then slumping to a terrible defeat with meagre resistance shown.

I'm thinking another draw is on the cards on Monday, 1-1.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't see us getting anything from this one.

Stay positive, the team definitely have the capability to go grab a point or 3.

After Tuesday in leaning towards starting Big Josh or even Paton. Hope them set pieces are sorted out and can actually get past the firat man as they could be vital in this match.

Must win watch, what a boost 3 points will give us for up coming games.

COYR

Can't remember the last time we won a league game there but feeling quite pumped up for this one based on the performance at new year. 3 points and we're knocking on the door of top 6!

January of last year...Mulgrew winner?

I actually think we'll win this one, we'll be up for it given what's at stake, I hope.

Getting into the top 6 is gone now IMHO, but we still need to maintain a high standard of performance and look to be the best of the bottom sh*te.

We need to lay a marker for next season and more so the remainder of this season and show we mean business.

We won't lose on Monday, of that I'm pretty sure, but we need to put in a good performance.

Hopefully the game lasts longer than my last visit to Tannashite.

Getting into the top 6 is gone now IMHO, but we still need to maintain a high standard of performance and look to be the best of the bottom sh*te.

We need to lay a marker for next season and more so the remainder of this season and show we mean business.

We won't lose on Monday, of that I'm pretty sure, but we need to put in a good performance.

Hopefully the game lasts longer than my last visit to Tannashite.

If we win tomorrow, the top 6 dream is still on. :laughing:

The Caley result yesterday kept us in it but we have to win tomorrow to stand any chance. If we do, we'd only be 3 points behind 5th with 4 games to play til the split.

I think we can get 3 points from this if the team turns up. This sort of game should be played on Friday night would be a far greater atmosphere fans are in good spirit start of the weekend etc compared to what we have tomorrow it's the start of the week with another 4 dreaded days of work for many.

Can see this being another 0-0. For what ever reason team just do not seem to function going forward when Blackman plays. Even if Magenis plays instead I cannot see it being much different as I cannot see him bringing anything other than boundless enthusiasim. On the plus side we do look much better at the back now and have confidence that we can keep United out.

I think it's about time we started giving the likes of these pikey minks a good proper hiding & same goes against all the other SPL minnows.

Of late, as in the last age we have been so weak against most teams in the SPL & have gone into games very low in expectations (players & fans) that all other teams really see us as a soft touch.

This has got to change & I really believe it will change for the good under Brown & Knox.

I have a good feeling about next season with this pair at the helm but I'd like to see us finish the season on a real high in the league & obviously in the cup as well.

Utd will be no mugs & will be right up for this, so any win would be great but a good no questions hiding right now against them would be just sublime.

COYR.

Nice wee surprise for us going into Saturday :crossfingers:

:bounce:

sh*t, forgot Maguire was suspended.

I see Zander is back and available, but no word on Pawlett.

Think we have to go with Magennis, I'd really rather even play Paton ahead of Blackman given of ineffectual he's been so far.

COYR, intae these pikey tinks :scarf:

I think Pawlett was on the bench against St.j ? Looked like him from the stands at half time but wasn't paying that much attention tbh.

I think he should give Paton his chance. Refusing him a loan deal must mean he sees something in the lad.