2011 Albums

Anyone bought any decent albums that have been released this year?

Only album I've bought so far is Bread and Circuses by The View on pre order which comes out next week. Will probably buy The Strokes and Radiohead ones too. Looking forward to Fleet Foxes and Miles Kane albums being released in May.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, only losers pay for music

I'd add that only losers would even contemplate listening to smackhead/homosexual beat combos like The View.

The View FFS!

The only (sh*t) tune of theirs I've ever heard is about some Dundee minker wearing the same clothes for days on end. And the tune was utter sh*te.

This group are only famous as they are about the only people in Britain who could tolerate Pete Doherty for more than 10 minutes, so he hung about with them, and they got a portion of his media attention as a result.

There's no way these incomprehensible tinks would have got off the ground if they never had Doherty tagging along.

I'd add that only losers would even contemplate listening to smackhead/homosexual beat combos like The View.

The View FFS!

The only (sh*t) tune of theirs I've ever heard is about some Dundee minker wearing the same clothes for days on end. And the tune was utter sh*te.

This group are only famous as they are about the only people in Britain who could tolerate Pete Doherty for more than 10 minutes, so he hung about with them, and they got a portion of his media attention as a result.

There's no way these incomprehensible tinks would have got off the ground if they never had Doherty tagging along.

To summarise: Tup doesn't like The View so they are rubbish. I liked their first album and the second was ok so I'll give the new one a listen.

Two albums I have bought this year are:

Little Comets - In search of elusive little comets (8/10 hope rating)

Admiral Fallow - Boots Met My Face (7/10 hope rating) - I think this was released about a year ago though but I've only just discovered them.

To summarise: Tup doesn't like The View so they are rubbish. I liked their first album and the second was ok so I'll give the new one a listen.

I've never heard any of their material so I'm not casting judgement on it.

What I'm saying is, they would never have been famous, and none of you would have liked them because they would have been just another obscure band of Dundee junkies, were it not for Pete Doherty.

Fact, end of etc.

Beady Eye album is great, surprisingly good IMO. Really looking forward to The Strokes album. Just bought new Drive By Truckers album too which is decent, but not as good as their last one. I find that I enjoy The View's singles (except Same Jeans - terrible) but not their albums. So I'll wait and see. Saw Miles Kane last week and he was fantastic, so I'll buy that as well.

Beady Eye album is great, surprisingly good IMO. Really looking forward to The Strokes album. Just bought new Drive By Truckers album too which is decent, but not as good as their last one. I find that I enjoy The View's singles (except Same Jeans - terrible) but not their albums. So I'll wait and see. Saw Miles Kane last week and he was fantastic, so I'll buy that as well.

I really liked the Last Shadow Puppets. His new single wasn't that great, the inhaler I think it was. Just sounded like he was shouting a lot and it didnt really go anywhere!! Hopefully him and Alex will get back together to make another LSP album!

• 2 weeks later...

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the James Blake album (given I didn't care much for the CMYK EP last year)

Also really enjoyed the Destroyer, Smith Westerns and Kurt Vile albums so far this year

Looking forward to Fleet Foxes new one (got tickets to see them in June) and what I've heard from the Julianna Barwick album has me intrigued

Elbow - Buld a Rocket Boys! Really getting into this album, a real grower. Have enjoyed every album they have released without being blown away by any but this one imo is the best they have done.

Beady Eye is a'right, will need to give it more air time before casting judgement though.

Used to be a real fan of Radiohead although I feel they got a bit up themselves after OK Computer. Which Radiohead is the new album? Is it an OK Computer, The Bends or another Kid A?

• 6 months later...

Elbow - Buld a Rocket Boys! Really getting into this album, a real grower. Have enjoyed every album they have released without being blown away by any but this one imo is the best they have done.

Beady Eye is a'right, will need to give it more air time before casting judgement though.

Used to be a real fan of Radiohead although I feel they got a bit up themselves after OK Computer. Which Radiohead is the new album? Is it an OK Computer, The Bends or another Kid A?

It's more Kid A than OK Computer.

Has anyone got the new Glasvegas album? I quite liked the first one.

yeah I think its really good! The World is Yours is a cracking tune! (ive been known to chant it when steaming)

Got Velociraptor yesterday and with ma first listen this morn its no bad! might be a grower!

yeah I think its really good! The World is Yours is a cracking tune! (ive been known to chant it when steaming)

Got Velociraptor yesterday and with ma first listen this morn its no bad! might be a grower!

That'll do me gonna order it. It was just about to come out when I left blighty so I've not really heard any of it. I remeber them a T a few years ago it was well good.