A good time to pay tribute to Dougie Bell?

I just think there were so many outstanding players of the 80's that there isn't enough stands to name it after every player.....so Gothenburg is a good catch all. I like the idea they have at some cricket grounds where they have famous player names on stands.....we could have that - it would be cool.

I just think there were so many outstanding players of the 80's that there isn't enough stands to name it after every player.....so Gothenburg is a good catch all. I like the idea they have at some cricket grounds where they have famous player names on stands.....we could have that - it would be cool.

Think Jock missed the irony of bripods post :itch-chin:

On the flip side, what is the best we could hope for in terms of a decent profile company?

I think Aberdeen Asset Management would be ideal as at least then if their logo is plastered all over it, it simply says Aberdeen. They'd need to change the font to red though.

Some American stadiums have horrendous names like '3com stadium' or 'Enron Park' or 'Minute Maid Park'.

Pizza Hut Park and Dick's Sporting Goods Park have to be the two worst American ones.

I suppose the Aberdeen equivalent would be "The Thistle Windows Aberdeen 706555 Stadium".

Pizza Hut Park and Dick's Sporting Goods Park have to be the two worst American ones.

I suppose the Aberdeen equivalent would be "The Thistle Windows Aberdeen 706555 Stadium".

home depot centre surely has to be up there

thats like us playing at B&Q Park

Some American stadiums have horrendous names like '3com stadium' or 'Enron Park' or 'Minute Maid Park'.

I wonder what the new stands will be called?

Gothenberg and Pittodrie end would be good. Maybe a Ferguson End?

Enron Park got renamed Minute Maid Park - baseball stadium in Houston. Gads.

I'd call it the "New Ullevi" Stadium.

But what about of other significant local businesses?

WOOD GROUP

SMG

Etc

And what could we realistically get over how many years?

Sorry to be boring-!

Wood Group will never own Aberdeen, Ian has made his feelings clear that he is a rugby fan and has no interest in football.