Weather

Snow lying, there's an inch or two around cambuslang and still falling. Roads not great, passable easy enough but it'd only take a wee mistake to gum things up nicely. The match must be in doubt.

It really shouldn't be in doubt. St Mirren should be well aware that snow was coming and have taken appropriate action around stadium.

Regarding roads...not really December levels of snow is it...

I have no desire to be doom and gloom but still snowing in cambuslang and roads here not good. However we are a bit higher than Paisley.

My question is why should it matter if its snowing or not. You can play football in wet weather so a football pitch should be fine. They play with a snow covered pitch in many countries in europe.

My question is why should it matter if its snowing or not. You can play football in wet weather so a football pitch should be fine. They play with a snow covered pitch in many countries in europe.

Its haealth and safety pish. Once there is snow, the police assume everyone attending football matches will die in the snow as its such a feak unsafe thing.

Hence rendering undersoil heating a pointless exercise. Keep a pitch clear for games to be called off. :banghead:

Its haealth and safety pish. Once there is snow, the police assume everyone attending football matches will die in the snow as its such a feak unsafe thing.

Hence rendering undersoil heating a pointless exercise. Keep a pitch clear for games to be called off. :banghead:

This is the problem with Health and Safety law in the UK, because its certainly not a european thing and seems to interpretation of the law by scottish police.

It seems to have started to increase in the last 2 years or so because I can remember regularly attending games when it snowed.

Its too late to call it off due to transport problem, because many people have either begun their travels or nearly arriving in the central belt. If they decided at 7am then fine, but in my view if the pitch/stands are fine then the game should be played.

This is the problem with Health and Safety law in the UK, because its certainly not a european thing and seems to interpretation of the law by scottish police.

It seems to have started to increase in the last 2 years or so because I can remember regularly attending games when it snowed.

Its too late to call it off due to transport problem, because many people have either begun their travels or nearly arriving in the central belt. If they decided at 7am then fine, but in my view if the pitch/stands are fine then the game should be played.

Exactly. Health and safety is pretty much irrelevant now. I think the game will go ahead.

I'm in Port Glasgow & now about 2 inches and still falling! Although I do stay up a hill right enough!!

Don't know what it is like in Paisley but really cannot see this going ahead!

So is bad down by the water then? We were meant to have a game in Greenock this morning, but our manager called the league rep who said games were called off because of travel conditions. The pitch was a 3g so go ahead whatever and the other team are raging at us for not trying to get the game ahead.

I'm in Kingspark....beside Hampden and we've a good few centimetres of snow and it's still falling.

Motorway conditions look fine, see webcam image below which is the Glasgow Airport approach which is just beside Paisley:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/glasgowandwestscotland/content/webcams/travel_glasgow_airport_webcam.shtml

Will be a different story on grass though where it will lie easily and there's still basically 2 hours till kick off

So is bad down by the water then? We were meant to have a game in Greenock this morning, but our manager called the league rep who said games were called off because of travel conditions. The pitch was a 3g so go ahead whatever and the other team are raging at us for not trying to get the game ahead.

Yeah - still falling pretty heavy! Just about to get the winter woolies on and make an attempt to walk to train station soon!! Really hope game goes ahead as I'm on holiday next week & cannot make Tuesday!