Prague

barassie_afc

Been here last 3 days for my MBA workshop, lovely city but ffs spoiled by proliferation of bams and chavs on staggers, weekends. Strange paradox of a place . Good food and wine though one of our team is Slovak so knew the score , had about 4 tonnes of meat gym beckons next week.

Agreed & also some very nice beers.

• 11 months later...

Went to Prague must be about 15 years ago - beautiful city - remember listening to a jazz band on the Charles River bridge in the mist. Wonderful - was just beginning to get commercial - marvellous beers which I slightly overindulged in. Travelling in by bus from airport real eye opener - horrible Soviet concrete buildings then suddenly into wonderful Edwardian (I think) housing and then medieval city centre.

The czechs have had their share of problems with their neighbours.

Heading to Prague for a stagger later this year, anyone got any weblinks to decent hotels they'd recommend? Cheers.

K + K Fenix

stayed here a few years ago, reasonably proced, great location just of Wencesles Square.

Only negative was it had a brothel directly across the road but it wasn't too bad, nobody pestered you when you headed out/home.