Afc The Players

Paul Kane actually did have some talent. He had one great season but other than that he wasn't braw.

I remember sitting in the Merkland during a game against murderwell and Kane was playing sh*te. He was getting a bit of abuse and then someone stood up and shouted "Kane, get aff the pitch ye dirty hoor!" - a classic random Pittodrie shout out .

I hated Paul Kane. Met him outside the 1993 Cup Final we lost to Rangers at Parkhead (I think it was 1993). It was my first final, aged 7, and I was upset at getting beat. I saw him outside the main entrance and ran over to him to ask for his autograph. He snatched the programme out my hand, signed it, and gave it back to me. No hello, no eye contact, nothing. It was such an inconvenience for him. My dad was raging, but then we met Stewart Kennedy, he had seen what happened and came over and shook my hand, told me not to worry, and to not let the result or Paul Kane ruin my day. He signed my programme, and stood and chatted to us for about 10 mins. As we left he patted me on the head and said 'see you later wee man'. I was delighted! Absolute gent.

Kennedy - Legend

Kane - c**t!

I hated Paul Kane. Met him outside the 1993 Cup Final we lost to Rangers at Parkhead (I think it was 1993). It was my first final, aged 7, and I was upset at getting beat. I saw him outside the main entrance and ran over to him to ask for his autograph. He snatched the programme out my hand, signed it, and gave it back to me. No hello, no eye contact, nothing. It was such an inconvenience for him. My dad was raging, but then we met Stewart Kennedy, he had seen what happened and came over and shook my hand, told me not to worry, and to not let the result or Paul Kane ruin my day. He signed my programme, and stood and chatted to us for about 10 mins. As we left he patted me on the head and said 'see you later wee man'. I was delighted! Absolute gent.

Kennedy - Legend

Kane - c**t!

Maybe he was just gutted at losing a cup final??? I wouldnt take it to heart.

Paul Kane actually did have some talent. He had one great season but other than that he wasn't braw.

I remember sitting in the Merkland during a game against murderwell and Kane was playing sh*te. He was getting a bit of abuse and then someone stood up and shouted "Kane, get aff the pitch ye dirty hoor!" - a classic random Pittodrie shout out .

Hated Kane with a passion that transcends any kind of logic or reason. Brought into the squad for god knows what reason, I remembered him from being a Hibs player who was memorable for nothing whatsoever.

He wasn't a playmaker, he wasn't a hard man, he wasn't a pacey winger or a brilliant ball winner. He didn't have an eye for a killer ball, in fact his passing and ball control was substandard, and clearly so.

A Nicky Walker type signing which actually reduced the net quality of the team.

I think he was the first Aberdeen player I would regularly abuse, even when he wasn't doing too badly. I just really, really wanted him the f**k out of our club.

He did have one good season, and that was when he was trying to win a new contract. And the fact that he was capable of playing at a higher standard... but chose not to until he was told to prove he was worth a new contract... just made me hate the c**t even more.

When I heard he had been given a new contract I almost shat myself with rage.

f**k that guy.

To this day, f**k him.