Paul Hartley

BBC just reporting that they have heard from a Dons source that Hartley is out for the season with suspected medial ligament damage. Gutting if true, how many f**king central midfielders can one club lose in one season???

Utterly bizarre. Rob Milson, don't you even THINK about getting injured!

I didn't mean it in a "I hate Zander Diamond" way. Just that when I look back on the nights against Copenhagen and Bayern the old nostalgia kicks in and I wish we still had guys like Smith, Walker etc in our team.

Just feel I wouldn't be able to look back at us lifting the cup in the same manner if it was in fact Zander who lifted it and he was wearing maroon next season...

Well, let's hope so. As much as Hartley has been fairly ineffective of late I don't fancy facing Cuntic at Hampden with Deek Dung patrolling the midfield like Frank Spencer on morphine.

Maybe not Young but would fancy, jack and Milsom in the middle and Sone on one wing and Pawlett on the other running at the Celtic defence.

I'd hate to see a player who won't be with us next season to lift the cup. Although I'd rather that than not lifting the cup at all though.

To be fair, if we win the cup, Diamond is more likely to stay I reckon for Europe next season, because lets face it, Aberdeen (if we got there) would get further than Hearts, whether it be one game more in europe, Aberdeen definately more likley to get further...

But if Diamond goes, I hope Hearts fall after the first game in Europe and win bugger all next season ...and every season after of course.

Out for at least 6 weeks. Will miss the semi-final. That leaves us with 3 central midfielders. Only 2 if you count Ryan Jack as a right midfielder.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aberdeen/9428121.stm

Bugger - really could do with some of our injured players making a miraculous recovery. Looking at the semi-final game by itself, not sure how much of a miss he'll be however we are badly stretched in that area. Hopefully at the least he can still be a positive influence in the back room and at least he'll not get sent off stupidly.

Another CM oot. Hope paul a speady recovery.

I think we will miss his presence and professionalism on the pitch.

So, Young, Milsom and Jack the only realistic centre mids at the moment. Hopefully they can step it up a notch.

I wonder if Craig and Archie will have him on the sidelines? I remember at the Rangers game back in September when McGhee was serving a touchline ban, Hartley was on the touchline barking out orders.

I wonder if Craig and Archie will have him on the sidelines? I remember at the Rangers game back in September when McGhee was serving a touchline ban, Hartley was on the touchline barking out orders.

I hope not that was cringeworthy, when have you ever seen a captian sitting in the dugout when they aint in the squad, no way Brown and Knox would go down that route he may be in the dressing room before the game but not sitting on the bench.