Champions League

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good draw for Man U and Chelsea because Barca and Real are not in their side. Man U v Barca final for me. Second leg at Old Trafford will help Man U and Inter are not the same team they were last year. I fancy Spurs to run Real close although hopefully we get an el Classico game in the semi.

Just waiting for the hype to start on Chelsea v Manchester United when it will be the most boring of the 4 games by far...

You're probably spot on with that. On paper it looks like tie of the round but these games are normally tight boring affairs.

I just let him be now, I think he'd be different after a couple of pints.

No-one can be this unhappy about things, so let him get on with it.

tup, the enigma, i think he is really mysterious.

as for the c.l. draw.

most games are pretty close apart from real and barca who should be get through fairly easily.

have a hunch, that barca winna be this years winners.

i think real could take them in the semi.

and even if they did get through against, say, chelsea or man u its theirs to lose.

you like the champions league now tup?

Did I say that?

The whole thing is a fixed sham, where fairness and equality have been dispensed with in favour of seedings and qualifiers, all for the further enrichment of the game's biggest clubs, who were richer than everyone else in the first place.

What's not to like?

Did I say that?

The whole thing is a fixed sham, where fairness and equality have been dispensed with in favour of seedings and qualifiers, all for the further enrichment of the game's biggest clubs, who were richer than everyone else in the first place.

What's not to like?

:applause:

I was hoping to see all three English teams eliminated at the QF stage, but it looks like one of them will get through now unfortunately.

Still, Tottenham and Man U/Chelsea are out, happy days.

No English teams in the UEFA cup either, magic.

Well no-one thought we had a chance of even getting a Top Four Premier League place last season.

Then all the experts wrote us off, saying we'd "Do an Everton" and not get past the Play-Off stage.

After that, no-one gave us a ghost of a chance against the reigning European & Italian Champions Inter Milan, the current Dutch Champions FC Twente and a very experienced German outfit Werder Bremen.

Having not only failed to embarass ourselves in the Group Stage but actually went and won the damn thing (and set a new Champions League goalscoring record in the process), Spurs were given no hope against the current Italian League leaders AC Milan in the Round of 16.

Yet here we are in the Quarter Finals with Real Madrid coming up and once again no-one thinking we've got a ghost of a chance to progress to the Semi-Finals.

• 3 weeks later...