Who will claim that elusive final place after 33 games?

Surprisingly we still have a chance of getting in there & looking at the fixtures it's not actually that slim a chance.

I said After the loss to Murderwell & then the draw with St Johnstone that we'd blown it but if we beat Well we have a very good chance.

No reason why we cannot beat Well, Hibs & St Midden & even the huns but a draw with them could be enough to nick it.

Some folk may say who gives a shoite about getting into the top six but it's still important, no matter what.

Each position in the league is worth (apparently) around £70k (according to Broon) & if you add the attendances post split It can fairly add up to a decent sum & the difference between the class of players we hope to sign, or even number in our squad.

Mon the top six :trophy:

• Site Sponsor

Surprisingly we still have a chance of getting in there & looking at the fixtures it's not actually that slim a chance.

I said After the loss to Murderwell & then the draw with St Johnstone that we'd blown it but if we beat Well we have a very good chance.

No reason why we cannot beat Well, Hibs & St Midden & even the huns but a draw with them could be enough to nick it.

Some folk may say who gives a shoite about getting into the top six but it's still important, no matter what.

Each position in the league is worth (apparently) around

Each position in the league is worth (apparently) around

I believe someone once worked out that something like 94% of teams will finish exactly where their budget places them. So the biggest spender will finish first and the lowest will finish last, most of the time.

Our board, I believe, budgeted for a bottom 6 finish.

So, based on those two massively speculative statements, we'll more than likely finish in the bottom six... right where our board's ambition places us.

Yay!

:scarf:

As far as I remember the last few seasons we have budgeted for 7th and getting through one round of each cup.

However this season I believe the budget was set for 11th and out of cups in the round we entered.

I believe someone once worked out that something like 94% of teams will finish exactly where their budget places them. So the biggest spender will finish first and the lowest will finish last, most of the time.

Our board, I believe, budgeted for a bottom 6 finish.

So, based on those two massively speculative statements, we'll more than likely finish in the bottom six... right where our board's ambition places us.

Yay!

:scarf:

we may budget to break even with a budget for bottom six - however that does not neccesarily mean we have a budget that in compariosn to others is the 7th worst :blahblah1::blahblah1:

Perhaps they've learned lessons from other teams and decided to be prudent in the preparation of budgets?

I think that's just giving them an excuse. you get what you pay for and if that's the height of their ambition they have a cheek looking for folk to shell out cash week in week out. it's the spl for god sake, its no that tough a league that we should be thankful just to survive!

we may budget to break even with a budget for bottom six - however that does not neccesarily mean we have a budget that in compariosn to others is the 7th worst :blahblah1::blahblah1:

I didn't say it was. So, yeah...

If there was inference in my post it was that we have a board that lacks ambition.

...although finishing in the bottom 6 is an ambition of sorts, I suppose.

As far as I remember the last few seasons we have budgeted for 7th and getting through one round of each cup.

However this season I believe the budget was set for 11th and out of cups in the round we entered.

It's hard to budget like that when frustration mounts and the fans begin tae think 'I'm nae botherin wi this pish onymair'

I hate the SPL ant the "Top 6" p!sh. If we don't win a cup or finish in a European place the season is a failure.. Theres not much difference between finishing 5th and 9th. The sooner the split is scrapped the better.

I totally agree with the bits in bold but the rest if sh*te.

5th to 9th the difference is as much as around £300k in prize money so the higher we finish the better.

Just because we miss out on 4th & Europe there is no reason for a completely defeatist attitude in switching off & not caring or seeing a point in still finishing as high as possible.

Yes it's a failure to finish outside the top four for Aberdeen fc imo but it would then be both very childish & disgusting for the team (& the fans) to give up & not still try to finish as high as possible in the league to make sure to have the most funds available as still possible.

Of course we still have a chance to finish inside the Top 6 but only if the other teams- especially Inverness & Motherwell- f**k it up. Realistically I don't think so and looking at the fixtures Motherwell will probably finish in the Top 6 as Inverness have got games against Killie, Celtic and Hearts.

IF we manage to get a Top 6 finish though, it would be a remarkable coup by Craig Broon. The Cup semi final is more important, though.

Of course we still have a chance to finish inside the Top 6 but only if the other teams- especially Inverness & Motherwell- f**k it up. Realistically I don't think so and looking at the fixtures Motherwell will probably finish in the Top 6 as Inverness have got games against Killie, Celtic and Hearts.

IF we manage to get a Top 6 finish though, it would be a remarkable coup by Craig Broon. The Cup semi final is more important, though.

& Motherwell play Us, then Utd & then a tough away tie to Hearts :dontknow:

Brown says if we win all 4 of our games we'll likely make top six but I'd say we'd make it even if we drop a couple of points against the huns.

But have we got the team to get these points?

Lets say we win the semi final.......woud you rather have five relativley easy games in the run up to the final to build a wee bit of a confidence run....or trips to Iprix, Tynecastle, Killie and home games against the JJs and the Jooooot?

No question, I would much rather have these fixtures.

Besides there is no such thing as relatively easy fixtures for us at the moment.

& Motherwell play Us, then Utd & then a tough away tie to Hearts :dontknow:

Brown says if we win all 4 of our games we'll likely make top six but I'd say we'd make it even if we drop a couple of points against the huns.

But have we got the team to get these points?

Yeah, Motherwell have one point more than ICT and six than us (although we've a game in hand but it's against the Huns) , and Celtic is a tougher opponent than Dundee United, admittedly. I just don't think that it will work out for us, but of course I'd be at least as happy as everyone else if we do it.