Maguire Rejects Deal

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_6829693,00.html

"Chris has rejected Aberdeen's latest contract offer as it stands," McKay told skysports.com.

"Chris fully understands the current economics in Scottish football, but he feels the offer does not match what he feels he deserves.

"Chris has been at Aberdeen for ten years and maybe the time is right for a new challenge.

"I am talking to a number of clubs about Chris and we will decide what is the best option for him."

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't see what any bigger team would see in him, he's not exactly set the heather alight since breaking through and he's very light weight, likes to jump out of the way of challenges too.

Let's not forget he runs like a woman, canna trap a bag of cement, and sticks his tongue out like a mong every time he takes a shot.

I really hate player agents. Scholes has the right idea, deal with the club yourself and don't hand over a wad of cash to some failed footballer claiming to be working for your 'best interests'.

If Maguire has turned down a deal, then he can shove it. Make him sit out the rest of the season in the stands. If he doesn't want to play for the club after the summer, why not let him fulfill that dream early.

Of course, if this is just McKay flapping his gums...come back Chris, all is forgiven.

Offer what we think hes worth and what we can afford, give him a deadline and withdraw the offer if he doesnt sign....same with all the out of contract players

We were royaly kept dangling last season with Kerr and Ghost deliberating what to do...if players dont want to sign for Aberdeen....f**k em...their loss

Note to any player thinking that they are worth more than AFC do - see McDonald, Gary and ask him how his move worked out

Also...it tells you all you need to know about Willie Mckay when one of the players he represents is El Hadji Diouf....I mean how low can you go

This is what he said two days before the January window closed

"There has been a lot of interest in El-Hadji in England and across Europe as Blackburn have indicated they would be willing to let him move on for a minimal fee.

Then he ends up at Iprix on loan :hysterical:

I'm with tup on this one - I suspect there is less activity than they hoped and by "going public" hope to get a better offer. Similar to tangoman claiming that he could get a gig in the Chumpionship or McGhee feeling he's an EPL level manager. Ignore him, withdraw the offer and wait - first week of transfer window offer him

Will he be a loss? Think magennis has more to offer.

Maybe in the boxing ring, or on the scales.

If you think Magennis is a better option than Maguire I'm at a loss to comprehend what you feel are the necessary qualities required of a professional footballer.

One can play football, one canna.

Maybe in the boxing ring, or on the scales.

If you think Magennis is a better option than Maguire I'm at a loss to comprehend what you feel are the necessary qualities required of a professional footballer.

One can play football, one canna.

I agree, But bebo has only scored one more goal than him from Open play despite playing almost every game, I see Magennis as player who is going to bust a gut every time hes on the pitch, obviously has a great deal of respect for the club and someone who is a team player. I see none of this in Maguire.

I just don't see what any bigger team would see in him, he's not exactly set the heather alight since breaking through and he's very light weight, likes to jump out of the way of challenges too.

He may very well find no takers in summer willing to pay decent wage, on top what some say is 400k compensation, and then come back to AFC with tail between his legs, looking to re-sign. Then again Willie Mackey may blag him a club and surprise me. I mean nobody outside Rutherglen thought anyone would pay reported 600k for Lee Miller and pay him a top wage.

He may very well find no takers in summer willing to pay decent wage, on top what some say is 400k compensation, and then come back to AFC with tail between his legs, looking to re-sign. Then again Willie Mackey may blag him a club and surprise me. I mean nobody outside Rutherglen thought anyone would pay reported 600k for Lee Miller and pay him a top wage.

I'm sure nepotism was the main factor in that transfer.