Blackburn Sign Myles Anderson....

"Blackburn Rovers have agreed a deal to sign Aberdeen defender Myles Anderson on a free transfer on 1 July.

Anderson, who is a left-back or centre-half, began his career with Leyton Orient before joining the Dons, where he has made one appearance, in January.

He had a trial at Rovers last summer, playing 13 minutes against Southport.

The 20-year-old is the son of football agent Jerome Anderson, whose company assisted Venky's in the takeover of Rovers and represent boss Steve Kean."

WTF? Thought he was future prospect? :S

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/blackburn_rovers/9432795.stm

That is a strange one right enough

What the hell was the point of us basically wasting another wage (no matter how small or short) on a player that was supposed to be for the future, if we allow him to be signed by another on a pre?

Unless it was a favour or something, it just makes no sense

I didn't hear anything about Brown saying anything of the sort. What Brown said was he didn't think Anderson was good enough for the SPL but was going to give him a 6 month deal to have a closer look at him and hopefully sign him up in the summer if he deemed him good enough.

I didn't hear anything about Brown saying anything of the sort. What Brown said was he didn't think Anderson was good enough for the SPL but was going to give him a 6 month deal to have a closer look at him and hopefully sign him up in the summer if he deemed him good enough.

thats what i read as well when we signed him, it's an odd one alright, but i trust CB had his reasons, we maybe cant afford to spend time n cash developing this guy, we need more of a finshed article, let's be honest, we've not lossed out on anything other than some wages, if it means Milsom joining full time then happy days

Yeh I think it was to get the agent to push the blackman and milsom deals. I'm fairly sure they would have both had interest from championship clubs. Milsom especially, it seems awfully odd he moves about 500 miles to "play" when he could have easily got a championship gig much closer to home. Can't say I'm too bothered. Brown must have decided he got something out of it. He's maybe old but he's no fool.

Well there's nothing to suggest that could be the case given that he's out of contract and they are free to go ahead and sign him without our permission or having to offer us anything.

i thought blackman signed a 4yr deal before coming on loan to us, thats why there was a delay in moving from b'burn to us

Maybe strengthens relations between Brown and Kean. Hopefully get their young midfielder Jason Lowe signed up on loan for next season - has just gone out for loan spell at Oldham. Get the deal agreed in the summer and not have to worry about further relations with Kean, as he will be long gone from Ewood Park.

He's rubbish anyway, if you can only get 2 minutes game time as part of an otherwise fairly hopeless Dons defence, it's time to pack it in, rich faither or not.

This happens at boys clubs up and down the country, it's just extending it to adults in this instance.

He's rubbish anyway, if you can only get 2 minutes game time as part of an otherwise fairly hopeless Dons defence, it's time to pack it in, rich faither or not.

This happens at boys clubs up and down the country, it's just extending it to adults in this instance.

yip with you on that one, this one smells to me as well

• 1 year later...

With Blackburn being relegated I suddenly remembered about the star signing they got from us at the end of last season. This thread also reminded me of Nick Blackman, I'd almost forgotten how hopeless and shite he was for us facepalm.gif

I wonder if these two players can propel Blackburn back into the Premier League next season.