Afc The Players

The summer of 1983 saw Alex Ferguson with a right back berth require imediate attention, Stewart Kennedy had been forced to retire from the game a sad loss for the club Stewart was blessed with pace and guile. So Aberdeen turned to a young right back from Dundee to fill the void. Mc Kimmie was an Aberdeen lad and despite being aged 23 had been a regular in the Dens Park for 3 seasons , had been showing great promise that persuaded Ferguson to part with

The summer of 1983 saw Alex Ferguson with a right back berth require imediate attention, Stewart Kennedy had been forced to retire from the game a sad loss for the club Stewart was blessed with pace and guile. So Aberdeen turned to a young right back from Dundee to fill the void. Mc Kimmie was an Aberdeen lad and despite being aged 23 had been a regular in the Dens Park for 3 seasons , had been showing great promise that persuaded Ferguson to part with

His testimonial was my very first game. Blackburn at home followed by a dire season. f**k knows why I wanted to go back and the old man got us season tickets the following year.

Can't remember much about him but have always been told he was good but a bit too quick to offer the fans a square go!

His testimonial was my very first game. Blackburn at home followed by a dire season. f**k knows why I wanted to go back and the old man got us season tickets the following year.

Can't remember much about him but have always been told he was good but a bit too quick to offer the fans a square go!

Need to understand where he came from he was the last remnant of the great years , he couldnt take it,neither could most of us

Need to understand where he came from he was the last remnant of the great years , he couldnt take it,neither could most of us

Aye, can imagine.

My old man was pals with his father in law. Gentleman and always spoke well of McKimmie. Until the divorce of course!

Haven't seen much good full backs at Pittodrie (McNaughton and Hart being the best as I can't really remember Wright) so wish we had a player of McKimmie's ability back!

Aye, can imagine.

My old man was pals with his father in law. Gentleman and always spoke well of McKimmie. Until the divorce of course!

Haven't seen much good full backs at Pittodrie (McNaughton and Hart being the best as I can't really remember Wright) so wish we had a player of McKimmie's ability back!

We would be very, very lucky for that to happen, and wouldn't have a hope in holding on to him for too long. We can wish though

As noted above - he had a hell of a lot to live up to and was a very good player for us, not so good a captain in my opinion and I think his whole game suffered because of it. However all these things are relative - he would stroll into any SPL team today.

For me one of AFCs very good players - but not quite a great (and that probably because of his attitude).

Aye, can imagine.

Wright was a really good full-back for us, but typical of our board spunking their load when the Huns offered us pennies for him. Was bad enough losing Robertson but when Wright went too i was so pissed off.

Wright was a really good full-back for us, but typical of our board spunking their load when the Huns offered us pennies for him. Was bad enough losing Robertson but when Wright went too i was so pissed off.

Wright would have left us under freedom of contract, pre-bosman, and with Davie Robertson we got 650k, which was about a third of what he was worth, board sold him cause he would have done the same.