just gettin thru first box set............. exquisite............. not the wire then what is

24 is the best television I have ever watched. Gripped from the first episode. The first series is great, from 2-5 gets better and better, stalls a bit 6-7 and the first maybe 6 or so episodes of 8, then it hit me like a f**king juggernaut. I am not afraid to admit that I cried mantears in the last minute of the last episode.

I have every box set if you want to borrow and save yourself some pounds. PM and let me know

I loved 24 but I've only ever seen season 1 & 2 in their entirety. Couldn't watch it when Sky got the rights to it though :ThumbsDown:I think I'll buy that boxset of all the season once it comes down to a decent price.

As said, I have every season box set and more than willing to let my fellow dandies borrow them. Send me your address by PM or email or fitiver and i'll gladly get them (one at a time) to you.

somehow I have managed to never have seen an episode of 24.

For those that have seen it, is it gritty like The Wire / Shield etc. or is it lightweight glossy pish like CSI?

If it's the former, I should probably check it out.

Definitely the former. It gripped me from the offset. Likeable, believable characters, some nasty, nasty bad guys, expect the unexpected, amazing plot twists. It really has everything. Even though the first season is only 10/11 years old it does look quite dated due to it's rising popularity obviously, the budgets for each season grew and grew culminating in amazing sets/stunts etc. Trust me and watch it. You WILL want to be Jack Bauer

Amazing programme but i think they were right to make series 8 the last one. Not to spoil anything for folk who haven't seen it but Ollie i think you'd probably agree that Series 5 was the best one for shock value?

And good choice KSL i.e The X-Files, still ace now imo. Always thought Series 2 was the best but after going through the boxset myself i'm thinking Series 6 now. There really are some amazing episodes in the whole collection.

Another of my favourite shows was Prison Break :thumbup1:

Definitely the former. It gripped me from the offset. Likeable, believable characters, some nasty, nasty bad guys, expect the unexpected, amazing plot twists. It really has everything. Even though the first season is only 10/11 years old it does look quite dated due to it's rising popularity obviously, the budgets for each season grew and grew culminating in amazing sets/stunts etc. Trust me and watch it. You WILL want to be Jack Bauer

Aww come on now, 24 is definitely lightweight and mega mega glossy. It's poorly written, overly relies on stupid twists and whole episodes can have nothing going on them til the 59th minute cliff-hanger. It's also essentially a huge propaganda mission on behalf of the US' war on terror.

It's also ridiculously entertaining and addictive and Jack Bauer is cool as f**k and most seasons are definitely worth watching.

Aww come on now, 24 is definitely lightweight and mega mega glossy. It's poorly written, overly relies on stupid twists and whole episodes can have nothing going on them til the 59th minute cliff-hanger. It's also essentially a huge propaganda mission on behalf of the US' war on terror.

It's also ridiculously entertaining and addictive and Jack Bauer is cool as f**k and most seasons are definitely worth watching.

I was going to give a big boo to woohoo until you redeemed and brought yourself back from the brink with paragraph 2!

Never watched it when it was on but thought I'd borrow season 1 from a pal to see what the fuss was about. Enjoyed it but getting through 24 episodes of his daughter get repeatadly kidnapped was tough going at times. Great story though and a great ending but the thought of watching another 7 season's was too much for me. Life's too short.

Never watched it when it was on but thought I'd borrow season 1 from a pal to see what the fuss was about. Enjoyed it but getting through 24 episodes of his daughter get repeatadly kidnapped was tough going at times. Great story though and a great ending but the thought of watching another 7 season's was too much for me. Life's too short.

Id kidnap her!

elisha%20cuthber.jpg

Seasons 1-3 were brilliant, season 4 a bit meh, 5 awesome again, 6 and the start of 7 quite poor and the rest of 7 and 8 pretty decent

Although in saying season 6 was the worst, it did have for me the biggest 'OMG WTF' reveal in it fairly early on

Can't believe season 1 is 10 years old later this year. I never watched it on telly but blitzed it on DVD as soon as it came out. It was much better when the BBC showed it though

Lots of cool characters that you didn't always like at first (did anyone seriously like Tony, Chloe or George Mason to start with?)

Seasons 1-3 were brilliant, season 4 a bit meh, 5 awesome again, 6 and the start of 7 quite poor and the rest of 7 and 8 pretty decent

Although in saying season 6 was the worst, it did have for me the biggest 'OMG WTF' reveal in it fairly early on

Can't believe season 1 is 10 years old later this year. I never watched it on telly but blitzed it on DVD as soon as it came out. It was much better when the BBC showed it though

Lots of cool characters that you didn't always like at first (did anyone seriously like Tony, Chloe or George Mason to start with?)

Just finished watching the last season on Sunday......brilliant TV show

There's always some lovely ladies on that show, especially her who plays Renee Walker:

annie080910a.jpg

As Borat would say "Niiicceee".

Annie Wersching plays "Renee Walker". Seriously stunning and at this moment in time is top of my Redhead list edging out Lulu and Carol Decker into the also rans.

Another for the WYOWYN thread, Chloe O'Brien?

Another

• 1 year later...