Our Average Attendance This Year

I figured it was something like that. The info I had was only for the opening round of games, so was out of date.

That's pretty atrocious. for a club like Aberdeen.

Although, taking the last 15 years as our benchmark, that being about the length of time you would need to raise a generation to support the team, it's probably not surprising.

I wonder how much of our support is now older lads who supported the team in the 80s, as opposed to young kids coming with their fathers or their mates.

Couldnt tell you the demographics, but there's not much folk in the Merkland, ever. I know for the Hearts game a few weeks ago there was free tickets given away to kids. I mean youre probably looking at at least 1,500 empty seats there EVERY game, the club should just give them all away to schools, for every home game, give away free season tickets for the kids, I mean they're the future and an empty seat is going to generate the same amount of money as a seat given away for free, but then there's programmes, club shop etc they might visit.

The club doesn't really do much in my opinion to increase the gates. I know they do some things, but it's token gestures.

Ultimately a good team playing good football is the best thing to increase crowds, but in the mean time, something needs to be done.

There's not a lot of guys from the 80's go kelt, not that I see when I'm there. They all came out the woodwork for the semi but quickly went back into retirement, I say quickly, 30-40 minutes would cover it.

When you look round the Dickie there's a lot of 50 something's, a few 30-40 something's and quite a lot of 20-30 year olds. Not exactly scientific evidence for a demographic but it's what I see anywayz.

Probably 1 kid in 20-30 supporters so the future support looks like it could be dwindling fast.

Win a cup and play some decent football and the old guard might come back but speaking to a lot of the guys I used to go with back in the day I'd say getting them in would be a slow process. Most still say they support Aberdeen but push to shove they'd rather spunk 250-300 on 1 man u game that a season ticket. Right pisses me of!

The amount of people in Aberdeen and shire that if you asked who they supported, they would say Aberdeen but they don't go to games is absolutely amazing. SO many people. From what i see/hear anyway.

Aye and some of them work with me too probably. You're right what you said earlier about giving tickets to schools etc only way to try and fill empty seats i say. I do find it rather demoralizing sitting there and wondering where the hell the crowds are.

The average attendance on the internet forums during the games is bigger than the attendance at the games.

OK, it's not but you get the jist. It's not that people aren;t intereted in Aberdeen, it's just that there's a reason we don't get many bums on seats at Pittodrie.

It's because our fans aren't that fanatical when we've won f**k all for so long.

The average attendance on the internet forums during the games is bigger than the attendance at the games.

OK, it's not but you get the jist. It's not that people aren;t intereted in Aberdeen, it's just that there's a reason we don't get many bums on seats at Pittodrie.

It's because our fans aren't that fanatical when we've won f**k all for so long.

I think a lot of the guys in the chat room and on forums during the games are ex pats though SD so they have a pretty good excuse, that was my excuse anyway. Its the plastic manure/chelski/geordie fans that piss me off. Spending 100 quid on a flight, 150 quid on a hotel and food and another 100 quid on a ticket when they could invest that into a season ticket and be part of the solution instead of the problem. 4 of my mates do it all the time, all Aberdeen fans... so they say!

I think a lot of the guys in the chat room and on forums during the games are ex pats though SD so they have a pretty good excuse, that was my excuse anyway. Its the plastic manure/chelski/geordie fans that piss me off. Spending 100 quid on a flight, 150 quid on a hotel and food and another 100 quid on a ticket when they could invest that into a season ticket and be part of the solution instead of the problem. 4 of my mates do it all the time, all Aberdeen fans... so they say!

Do season ticket holders get automatically included in attendances? If so then I'd suggest our actual attendance is much lower.

Before I moved to London and then the US I was a season ticket holder but I cherry picked my games...the reason? The football (from both sides) is usually grim and I have no f**king desire to see us play st midden on a cold saturday afternoon.

Also, I don't blame people for going to see EPL games - the quality in the SPHell is appalling. Yes, I've seen some poor EPL games but the majority of them are an order of magnitude better than anything the scottish game can offer.

Do season ticket holders get automatically included in attendances? If so then I'd suggest our actual attendance is much lower.

Before I moved to London and then the US I was a season ticket holder but I cherry picked my games...the reason? The football (from both sides) is usually grim and I have no f**king desire to see us play st midden on a cold saturday afternoon.

Also, I don't blame people for going to see EPL games - the quality in the SPHell is appalling. Yes, I've seen some poor EPL games but the majority of them are an order of magnitude better than anything the scottish game can offer.

I bet we are still the 3rd best away support

Performance wise, the club budgets for 7th and an early exit in the cups?

Do they think that sort of performance would equate to a 13k average?

Hmmm.

I'm pretty sure I read Wiggy earlier this season saying they budgeted for going out of both cups at the first hurdle and finishing 11th. Anything else is a wee Brucie Bonus and we should be thankfull

The amount of people in Aberdeen and shire that if you asked who they supported, they would say Aberdeen but they don't go to games is absolutely amazing. SO many people. From what i see/hear anyway.

To be honest i went when i was at school regularly and then on;y the odd game when i left which was in 93. Only started going again regularly to home games as im taking my we boy with me he is 5 :thumbs:

debatable

Some clubs do, other dont. AFC say they dont but I've been to games this season and thought there was around 5-6K there, the official attendance then says 8-9K so either I cant judge or they lie. Would never say with certainty which way that goes though, beer goggles in a that...

debatable

Some clubs do, other dont. AFC say they dont but I've been to games this season and thought there was around 5-6K there, the official attendance then says 8-9K so either I cant judge or they lie. Would never say with certainty which way that goes though, beer goggles in a that...

With the automatic ticket thing ma bobs, it would definitely be easy enough to calculate based on who turns up compared to paper alternatives.

So has to come down to whether the club want to artificially increase the attendance. Certainly could be the case this year, but not sure of the benefit of it, other than reputation. Having my season ticket in the RDU makes it difficult to judge as well, can never tell what the Lower is like...

Honestly it almost makes me greet the amount of c**ts parading about the toon with EPL regalia on

Had a "discussion" with a guy a couple of weeks ago

Him - Fit do you still go and watch that shyte for

Me - Cos I support them, they may be poor right now but they are my team

Him - I was offered a ticket today but I didnt go....anyhow Im a man U supporter

Me - Do you travel down often

Him - Na...canna afford it, just watch them on Sky

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I'm pretty sure I read Wiggy earlier this season saying they budgeted for going out of both cups at the first hurdle and finishing 11th. Anything else is a wee Brucie Bonus and we should be thankfull

Which is exactly the way budgets should work. Budget for worst scenario and make money instead of budgeting for higher finishes and cup finals and lose loads of money.

Which is exactly the way budgets should work. Budget for worst scenario and make money instead of budgeting for higher finishes and cup finals and lose loads of money.

This +1.

When you are £12m (?) in debt you budget for the worst. It has nothing to do with lack of ambition and everything to do with still being here next season. Which, unfortunately, is the case for many teams in the SPHell.

Not sure, I don't even know if it was a quote from the club but it was in the EE once, was either 13,000 and 12,000

I think they used to need 14,000 to break even. But that was up to about a decade ago I think. That was when there was some optimism.

Next season they should be budgeting for an average of 8,000.