Afc The Players

As a fan of midfield players Grant was one of my favourite players growing up supporting the Dons.

As stated he was indeed am unsung hero and in my view, should rightly be recognised as one of the best and most committed Dons players of the modern game.

Brilliant player IMO and I'd give my back teeth for a player like him in our midfield just now.

Sums it up for me pretty much especially the bit in bold. Neil Simpson leaving the club was the best thing that happened to Brian Grant's career at Pittodrie as he slotted in to the central midfield, established himself in the team and never looked back.

An entirely unfussy player, too easy to overlook but did a lot of graft that permitted those around him to show their class and ball skills. I liked him, he made the whole midfield into a solid unit. Should have had international honours - would stroll backwards into our team today.

An entirely unfussy player, too easy to overlook but did a lot of graft that permitted those around him to show their class and ball skills. I liked him, he made the whole midfield into a solid unit. Should have had international honours - would stroll backwards into our team today.

Yeah... can't really complain about Grant.

Not the flashiest player on the planet, but got the job done in an inobtrusive and effective manner. Preferred Rico myself.

Erm... aye. That's about it.

Brilliant player who would walk into any SPL team nowadays.

Solid, not showy at all, but take him out and the side wisna half as effective. He did the spadework, so the ball players could do the rest, a true unsung hero.

Hard to believe we've never won at Ibrox since his goal there, what the f**k has happened to us?