Elder Scrolls 5 - Skyrim

Playing Oblivion on 360 just now, totally absorbed by it ,might have finished by Nov !!

The actual main quest isn't that long, I found it much easier to just go straight into the main quest and complete it. Going off and doing side quests etc just meant you levelled up and everything else levelled up with you, which made the main quest MUCH MUCH harder!

So many brilliant side quests, one that stuck in my mind was when you took some drugs and then went off to kill a village that was full of goblins, only to find out that you were seeing things and you slaughtered everyone that lived in the village! Total Moral head f**k!!!

Fallout 3 had something similar, or was it bioshock? where you go into a capsule and find yourself in a village. You were told by this freaky girl with a blokes voice that the only way to escape was to murder everyone in the village, which you assume aren't real and just part of this whole dream thing. You leave the capsule and find heaps of dead folk inside the other capsules around you....another head f**k!

The actual main quest isn't that long, I found it much easier to just go straight into the main quest and complete it. Going off and doing side quests etc just meant you levelled up and everything else levelled up with you, which made the main quest MUCH MUCH harder!

So many brilliant side quests, one that stuck in my mind was when you took some drugs and then went off to kill a village that was full of goblins, only to find out that you were seeing things and you slaughtered everyone that lived in the village! Total Moral head f**k!!!

Fallout 3 had something similar, or was it bioshock? where you go into a capsule and find yourself in a village. You were told by this freaky girl with a blokes voice that the only way to escape was to murder everyone in the village, which you assume aren't real and just part of this whole dream thing. You leave the capsule and find heaps of dead folk inside the other capsules around you....another head f**k!

Aye I am doing the side quests,currently a member of the Dark Brotherhood and a vampire ! Its mental

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Picked this up last week, such an amazing game. Don't usually play RPG games but this has really sucked me in, always leaves you wanting to do one more thing before you stop playing.

I've put in over 20 hours already and have barley touched any of the main quests!

Excellent stuff. I look forward to getting a copy of this, probably at Christmas.

Tis very good indeed.

I wasn't hugely impressed with the graphics compared to the "wow" factor that you got when leaving the sewers in Oblivion and going into the open world. Still looks good enough, but I suppose most games look so good these days that there is no longer that "OMG" moments.

I can see myself playing this game until middle of next year and still not being close to finishing it!

heard ALOT of good things about this today.

folk arguing that its the greatest thing to come to gaming. i wasnt particularly interested till i started hearing how incredible it is. as much as i love the fallout series....elder scrolls hasnt ever appealed to me, but given how much praise this is getting, im reconsidering my stance.

may have to get involved.

too many good games out just now!

folk arguing that its the greatest thing to come to gaming. i wasnt particularly interested till i started hearing how incredible it is. as much as i love the fallout series....elder scrolls hasnt ever appealed to me, but given how much praise this is getting, im reconsidering my stance.

It looks less RPG than the other elder scrolls and more toward arcade style, somewhere in between, which is probably a good thing

It looks less RPG than the other elder scrolls and more toward arcade style, somewhere in between, which is probably a good thing

I dunno, i've been playing it for a week or so and it still feels like Oblivion except for the levelling up perks.

There is a quest which is basically "The Hangover". You enter a drinking competition with someone in an Inn and end up waking up somewhere, no idea what has happened and you've to piece it together! :laughing:

The dragons are a piece of piss. I've killed about 6 of them so far without any real problems, compared with when I was wandering around and stumbled upon a big cat which mauled me in a few swipes!

You should definitely get it if you loved the Fallout series. It's basically Fallout but with swords n shields. Or rather, Fallout is basically Elder Scrolls but with guns!

• 2 weeks later...