More Injuries

Not sure if this is good news or bad news

The Dons injury problems became a crisis tonight with Rory McArdle and Zander Diamond both now extremely doubtful for next Sunday's Scottish Cup Semi final. Both had to be repalced and Jamie Langfield also picked up a nasty gash on his leg but it is more hopeful he might be back in time.

It would have great news if Langfield was also out injured as well as the other two but as he's not, must be classed as bad news

Not sure if this is good news or bad news

The Dons injury problems became a crisis tonight with Rory McArdle and Zander Diamond both now extremely doubtful for next Sunday's Scottish Cup Semi final. Both had to be repalced and Jamie Langfield also picked up a nasty gash on his leg but it is more hopeful he might be back in time.

It would have great news if Langfield was also out injured as well as the other two but as he's not, must be classed as bad news

When we consider both were terrible last time, this might be a blessing in disguise.

Considine is a must for centre half, he's the only one of the three with the stature to win balls at set pieces, which were our undoing last time.

I would hope Diamond is not considered, he's leaving, he supports Celtic, he pays to get into their games, he disna give a toss about the Dons. Bear in mind Eric Black, a player who probably did more in one game for us than Diamond has managed in hundreds, was dropped like a hot tattie for the 86 final after announcing his departure. Same should go for Diamond, plus he's tainted by previous failures.

Considine and McArdle would be as good as we could hope for.

When we consider both were terrible last time, this might be a blessing in disguise.

Considine is a must for centre half, he's the only one of the three with the stature to win balls at set pieces, which were our undoing last time.

I would hope Diamond is not considered, he's leaving, he supports Celtic, he pays to get into their games, he disna give a toss about the Dons. Bear in mind Eric Black, a player who probably did more in one game for us than Diamond has managed in hundreds, was dropped like a hot tattie for the 86 final after announcing his departure. Same should go for Diamond, plus he's tainted by previous failures.

Considine and McArdle would be as good as we could hope for.

Agree with this.

McArdle isnt great, but he'll do.

Smith Considine McArdle MacNamee is the best combo we've got.

Aluko & Pawlett on the wings, Milsom & Jack in the middle.

Vernon & Maguire up front, Clangers in goal.

At the moment I'm 99% sure we'll get beat, because this will be nothing like our starting XI.

If it was, I'd be confident.

Anything that keeps Zander Diamond away from the first team at the moment is a good thing. I've seriously ran out of patience for him. He's a total liability.

Pity that McArdle might miss out on the semi-final. I feel he's one of the better centre backs we've had here over the years. A McArdle/Considine pairing looks the more solid option at the moment.

With regards to Langfield, I feel he's a much better goalkeeper than Mark Howard. I don't buy into the abuse Langfield receives, I think he's one of the better 'keepers in Scotland, so would be disappointed to lose him for the semi-final.

The injury list we have at the moment is quite incredible, and is seriously affecting us on the park.

I was expecting Howard to play the next two games whether Clangers was injured or not, Broon wants to see players who are out of contract before he decides the Hibs game and possibly the Bosche game would be a chance to see Howard.

If Clangers is injured, more reason not to risk him and play Howard in these games

Agree re Langfield ross, the abuse he takes is merciless, he's an above average keeper. However he's a confidence player, and constant abuse will not make him play better, he needs encouragement, something I admit is an outlandish notion at Dons games these days.

Howard is Highland League standard, inept, and should be nowhere near a club of Aberdeen's standing.

Agree re Langfield ross, the abuse he takes is merciless, he's an above average keeper. However he's a confidence player, and constant abuse will not make him play better, he needs encouragement, something I admit is an outlandish notion at Dons games these days.

Howard is Highland League standard, inept, and should be nowhere near a club of Aberdeen's standing.

I think the abuse Langfield gets is partly down to the length of time he has been here. I think he is the longest serving 'keeper for an SPL team at the moment? Forster, Pernis, Cerny, Kello, Brown, Esson, Bell, Randolph, McGregor, Gallacher and Enckleman haven't been at their respective clubs longer than Langfield has. Yes, he's made big mistakes in the past, but the only one I can think of in recent seasons was the one at Tannadice a few weeks ago. Some people prefer to remember that rather than some incredible saves he's pulled off. I thought the save that gave Motherwell a corner from which they scored on Saturday was brilliant and I remember a save from him at Parkhead in January not too long after Stokes had opened the scoring - it was superb as well.

I think the notion of people taking a dislike to Langfield perhaps due to the time he has been here can be applied to others such as Diamond, Mackie, Young and maybe even Considine. They have been in our side for so long that people are just getting fed up with them. For example, my patience has ran out for Diamond, and is running thin for Young. I seem to remember a United fan saying after our defeat there a few weeks ago that there just doesn't seem to be any fear in their camp (supporters and probably players as well) when they see our team sheet because the same names just keep appearing season after season.

Now I like Langfield as much as the next man, but that to be fair is pisch.

Give me a list of the ones you can remember then from the past couple of seasons then? In all honesty the only howler I can properly remember him making was that one at Tannadice last month.

Give me a list of the ones you can remember then from the past couple of seasons then? In all honesty the only howler I can properly remember him making was that one at Tannadice last month.

He cocked up in the 4-4 with Celtic last season, pushing a shot directly out to the feet of either McGeady or McDonald, canna mind, resulting in a goal, when he should have put it round the post.

Mind you, he made a couple of excellent saves in that game too.

Such are the paradoxes of Langfield. He does more good than bad, put it that way.

Did the photographer just catch a strange moment or does McArdle look incredibly f**ked up in this picture...?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13020417.stm

My left arm pops out every now and then since a rotator cuff injury many moons ago and it's a totally sickening feeling when it's happening but he just looks like he's blanked out the pain or something. How did his injury happen? Did he land on it badly or something?

As much as i hate Diamond i'd have to agree. Our defence was all over the shop today and the game was hardly that meaningful too.

As much as Diamond is worse than Ross Tokely he is probably a better option than Vuja for next sunday going by todays game. I would expect us to get beat comfortably on sunday. Free money pretty much on betting on Celtic.