Fernando Torres

Right so now it's suddenly Barcelona, who do fit the bill, and not Chelsea we're speaking about?

By f**k I'm confused with all this shifting sand arguing.

thats the sky bubble mate, and me being stupid enough to think that the european leagues are the only ones that matter.

santos, gremio, nacional, flamengo, vasco de gama, boca, river plate, necaxa, la galaxy and melbourne all stars would all indeed give chelsea a run for their money.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats the sky bubble mate, and me being stupid enough to think that the european leagues are the only ones that matter.

santos, gremio, nacional, flamengo, vasco de gama, boca, river plate, necaxa, la galaxy and melbourne all stars would all indeed give chelsea a run for their money.

Are you attempting to impress me by naming teams from outwith the EPL and CL scope?

There are many, many teams in world football better than Chelsea.

why dont you tell me who they are then?

i'm pretty sure this list wont stretch that far so it wont take you long.

In no particular order we have the following teams

Barcelona

Real Madrid

Manchester United

Bayern Munich

Milan

Internazionale

Juventus

Dynamo Kiev

Shaktar Donetsk

Ajax

Feyenoord

Marseilles

Valencia

Arsenal

Liverpool

Porto

Monaco

Steaua Bucharest

Benfica

Anderlecht

Lazio

Fiorentina

Dortmund

Galatasaray

Santos

Flamengo

Boca Juniors

River Plate

I could go on, and on, and on.

Chelsea are a team with no tradition entirely propped up by cash, criminal money.

Without it they would be nothing.

Barcelona

Real Madrid

Manchester United

Bayern Munich

Milan

Internazionale

Juventus

Dynamo Kiev

Shaktar Donetsk

Ajax

Feyenoord

Marseilles

Valencia

Arsenal

Liverpool

Porto

Monaco

Steaua Bucharest

Benfica

Anderlecht

Lazio

Fiorentina

Dortmund

Galatasaray

Santos

Flamengo

Boca Juniors

River Plate

Chelsea are a team with no tradition entirely propped up by cash, criminal money.

:hysterical:

Ajax

Feyenoord

can i lob ado den haag onto that list too, seeing as they'll get euro football next season?

notice all you have done is list ''historical'' teams - but there quite a few nouveau riche in there.

why have you included them if they also have ''no tradition'' and are ''entirely propped up by cash, criminal money'' ???

can i lob ado den haag onto that list too, seeing as they'll get euro football next season?

notice all you have done is list ''historical'' teams - but there quite a few nouveau riche in there.

why have you included them if they also have ''no tradition'' and are ''entirely propped up by cash, criminal money'' ???

Shaktar are the only team in there who are relatively new, and they have had a modicum of success and play fantastic football, hence their inclusion.

All the others are teams steeped in tradition, something Chelsea will never be.

you mean like lazio ?

cause they're a frugal team arent they who have never bought seria a.

:hysterical:

oh yeah, tradional teams = good teams yeah?

Lazio are a team of historical tradition.

Roma too, forgot about them.

Chelsea were in the second division, run by Bates, before the Russian money laundering criminals came on board.

Man City are the same, a club with no history, propped up by Arabian cash.

None of this has any basis in real football history, you could make Nairn County one of the best teams in the world if you threw a billion pounds at them.

Lazio are a team of historical tradition.

Roma too, forgot about them.

Chelsea were in the second division, run by Bates, before the Russian money laundering criminals came on board.

Man City are the same, a club with no history, propped up by Arabian cash.

None of this has any basis in real football history, you could make Nairn County one of the best teams in the world if you threw a billion pounds at them.

lazio i'm pretty sure have bought all their tradional in the 90 and the cragniotti years.

they are not a historicval club, not that my limited knowlegde tells me anyway.

soo tup, to clarify when you said chelsea werent a good team, what you meant was they are nouveau riche and have not much (interesting/famous) history?

the best bit is where tup confuses a tradional club with a good football side.

I'm not confused, you said Chelsea are 'one of the best teams in the world'. I find the very notion laughable.

Define 'best', my take on 'best' is those who have achieved things in a significant sense in football, overall. Hence my list.

If you're talking about right now, in terms of on the park, the point still stands. Chelsea are far from the best. They're entire operation is fashioned on cash. Prior to that wealth, they were nothing. Once it goes, they'll be nothing again, rest assured.

Sick of this football revisionist nonsense and hopefully Platini's new rules will go some way to correcting football's natural order, which has been skewed obscenely by the ludicrous entry rules for the CL, meaning the champions of Belgium have to go up against the fourth placed English team just to get in.

If you're talking about right now, in terms of on the park, the point still stands. Chelsea are far from the best. They're entire operation is fashioned on cash. Prior to that wealth, they were nothing. Once it goes, they'll be nothing again, rest assured.

hhhmm, so now i think i know what you mean by ''best''

anyways..........

so forget about money for once tup and tell me which teams would beat chelsea if they played them?

hhhmm, so now i think i know what you mean by ''best''

anyways..........

so forget about money for once tup and tell me which teams would beat chelsea if they played them?

It's impossible to say, they only ever play the same handful of teams every year in Europe, and they jostle for position with the same handful of teams in England every year, all the while throwing crazy money at it all in a desperate circus to win the CL, to sate one man's ego. So who knows, how long is a piece of string?

My theory is nobody should be allowed to take charge of a club and inject ludicrous sums of money immediately. Chelsea should never have been allowed to happen, Man City likewise. Long term this causes untold damage to football filtering down the way. It encourages over spending.

Football should just live on the money within football, outside finance should be strictly prohibited, there's plently cash in the game anyway.

More of the money generated should be filtered down to lower levels, right down to financing all weather pitches for kids up and down the UK, a very high percentage of it in fact, and players wages should be tempered hugely from their current levels.

We have no facilities for children to play football in this country, any pitches that do exist cost about

It's impossible to say, they only ever play the same handful of teams every year in Europe, and they jostle for position with the same handful of teams in England every year, all the while throwing crazy money at it all in a desperate circus to win the CL, to sate one man's ego. So who knows, how long is a piece of string?

My theory is nobody should be allowed to take charge of a club and inject ludicrous sums of money immediately. Chelsea should never have been allowed to happen, Man City likewise. Long term this causes untold damage to football filtering down the way. It encourages over spending.

Football should just live on the money within football, outside finance should be strictly prohibited, there's plently cash in the game anyway.

More of the money generated should be filtered down to lower levels, right down to financing all weather pitches for kids up and down the UK, a very high percentage of it in fact, and players wages should be tempered hugely from their current levels.

We have no facilities for children to play football in this country, any pitches that do exist cost about

tup min sorry i didnt even read that.

same old stuff. youre as repetitive and predictable as the champions league. ;)

england is to blame,..... again no mention of any of the other big spenders, with shady financial accounts, like inter, lazio, barca, real.

youre obsession with stuff that isnt football about football is bordering on the mentally insane.

give it up.

you'll enjoy footabll and all that goes with it a lot more!

The difference being Inter and Barca ARE big clubs, and always have been. So they spend big, as they always have done.

The skewing of it all occurred with these minnows and their huge injections of wealth.

Arrogant England, changing the rules to suit them (and Spain and Italy) ensuring rubbish, insipid, repetitive games.

''Arrogant England''

what, is the thames arrogant?

or the norfolk broads? are they arrogant?

is the english language arrogant?

are the beers brewed in england arrogant beers?

i love these statements.

invariably they always involve the media and are bandied about by parocial scots, with chips on their shoulder, who think that the daily mail and star speaks for all the english people.

I've never once read the Star, and would never consider buying the Mail.

Your response is the predictable, cliched retort of the Englishman who has his arrogance called into question.

Parochial Scots? Nothing of the sort, very intelligent Scots who see right through the English a mile away would be nearer the mark.

I've never once read the Star, and would never consider buying the Mail.

Your response is the predictable, cliched retort of the Englishman who has his arrogance called into question.

Parochial Scots? Nothing of the sort, very intelligent Scots who see right through the English a mile away would be nearer the mark.

tup, i just dinna take life seriously.

and i dont get offended easily.

especially by a so called arrogant nation.

f**king ridiculous. When will the mugs stop paying it??

They won't, it's a middle class game now, no longer the Headhunters at Chelsea, more like the hunters, shooters & fishers.

And none of them know anything about football, and would never have considered standing on a pish covered terrace chanting 'you're going home in a f**king ambulance' to the c**ts on the other side of the fence, whilst hurling all the loose change in your pocket at them.

Football keeps going this way and I'm packing it in, it's a working mans game. We're losing all the traditional values, I cannot relate to some arse earning

• 2 weeks later...