Taken From Follow Follow

There really is no hope, are we to ban all girls schools, muslim schools etc etc etc

Institutional indoctrination has brought us to this.

The eternal grievance culture that fuels a major Scottish football club's support is rooted in a deliberately splintered education system; segregation with no mandate, apartheid with no apology - naked sectarianism with a licence.

It is excused by a nation-state paralysed by a fear that the bigot card will be played against it if it acts to remove the sectarian stench that is polluting our national sport - and our country.

This Scotland has an ambition to stand alone; to be a nation again, and yet it lacks the moral courage to rid itself of a festering disease that is an affront to Scots from the political left, the political right and the political centre ground.

If Scotland cannot divest itself of those state-funded engines of intolerance and bigotry, how can it possibly entertain the prospect of being a functioning nation-state in a complex world?

Scotland was a great country once, but it never will be again until it removes that great enabler of intolerance and sectarianism. The sordid climate of hate that exists within the Celtic support results directly from a needless and inexcusable division in the country's state-funded education system.

Celtic Park, that vile city landmark, which witnessed, and massively participated in, the biggest racist incident ever to be witnessed in British sport, is where the faithful assemble to give vent to their taxpayer-sponsored brand of sectarianism; to lambast the 'h' (rhymes with nuns) and 'orange b*stards' from the sanctuary of their cathedral midden.

This country needs to prove that it is ready for the brave new world of independence. Scotland needs to rid itself of a sectarian education system which stokes the fires and fans the flames of intolerance more than has ever been publicly admitted by cowardly and hypocritical politicians.

If independence is to be our destiny, oblivion must be the fate of a segregated education system that is an affront to democracy, freedom and humanity. This enabler of sectarianism is no longer a price worth paying.

To the bigots that prop up this disgrace, stand aside and let the people sing; together, free from indoctrination, free from intolerance, and free from a perverse interference in the development of young minds.

And let every Scot understand this; the Rangers support seeks integration in the nation's schools. The segregationists wear green and white, proclaim loudly about their inclusivity, and then deny it to Scotland's children. If apartheid had an emblem in the west of Scotland, it would surely be green and white.

The moral high-ground in our country lies vacant. Which of our politicians, I wonder, has the courage to plant a flag on it?

Disgusting. To suggest that Catholic education is on a par with the Apartheid beggars belief. I shouldn't be shocked, after all there is no low that sections of Old Firm support will stoop to, but I don't understand how anybody can even attempt to make that correlation.

To lay the blame solely at for sectarianism on Celtics doorstep beggars belief.....deluded coonts

Anyone read past 3rd paragraph of that?

Fancy summing it up?

The eternal grievance culture that fuels a major Scottish football club's support is rooted in a deliberately splintered education system; segregation with no mandate, apartheid with no apology - naked sectarianism with a licence.

In other words:

'Outside of football the culture of sectarianism is institutionalised with-in the education system. A sense of 'otherness' is developed young and it is a deliberate act, a way for the catholic church to maintain a power and authority it does not warrant. Children are segregated according to religion and the state sponsors it. '

I don't get his apartheid comment though.

To be honest the only religious education I noticed in state school was RE class, where you learned about the ludicrous Christian cult, as opposed to the ludicrous Muslim cult or the ludicrous Moonie cult. I noticed no catholic bias in religious class, nor protestant. Just that there was a god and it was the christian god.

That in itself is sectarian and exclusionary, because if they're going to teach kids about one idiotic fictional sky-wizard then they should be teaching kids about EVERY idiotic, fictional sky-wizard. The irony being that the main religions worship the ver same idiotic, fictional sky-wizard.

But the Hun doesn't have a point at all, because he's a hun... and they're vermin.

I'd no sooner listen to what a hun had to say about social harmony than I would a plastic paddy, an islamic extremist or a rat.

To be honest the only religious education I noticed in state school was RE class, where you learned about the ludicrous Christian cult, as opposed to the ludicrous Muslim cult or the ludicrous Moonie cult. I noticed no catholic bias in religious class, nor protestant. Just that there was a god and it was the christian god.

That in itself is sectarian and exclusionary, because if they're going to teach kids about one idiotic fictional sky-wizard then they should be teaching kids about EVERY idiotic, fictional sky-wizard. The irony being that the main religions worship the ver same idiotic, fictional sky-wizard.

But the Hun doesn't have a point at all, because he's a hun... and they're vermin.

I'd no sooner listen to what a hun had to say about social harmony than I would a plastic paddy, an islamic extremist or a rat.

In my day, RE was more about situational ethics, but there you are.

I do believe that religious (of all denominations) schools help foster intolerance and sectarianism - but in areas where they are prevalent, there is just as much intolerance present in the non-religious schools.

I would do away with them myself - along with charitable status etc.

Hun that wrote that is stil an ignorant bigot though.

Religious education at schools in scotland should be optional after school. Do this and only then after 100 years will we be rid of bigotry in Scotland. In built bigotry will be diluted each generation if they are only getting it at home and never at school. Kids will learn to question their Da over why should I hate such and such their my pals etc. Unfortunatly no government will have the balls to do it.

Reasonable point. Education shouldn't be segregated. Read the article for what it is : its a condemnation of institutionalised sectarianism. He is right, if we were serious we would not be providing state funding to religious schools.

That is not just solely a condemnation of institutionalised sectarianism. He is trying to lay the blame for all our society's religious problems at the door of the Catholic church. That, in my eyes, is just plain wrong. Doubtless, it will be an attitude that he passes on to his offspring, fostering a hatred of all things Catholic that will be carried through the, mainly, Protestant schools they attend. And we are supposed to believe that it is merely Catholism that institutionally sectarian?

It is a reasonable point to suggest that education should not be segregated, but the Hun refuses to acknowledge that there is sectarianism bread in state schools, which, in general, teach Protestant children. This is where his argument becomes void. He is trying to demonise Catholics, when both sides are at fault. His point about Apartheid just shows how blinded by hatred and how ignorant he is.

In my day, RE was more about situational ethics, but there you are.

I do believe that religious (of all denominations) schools help foster intolerance and sectarianism - but in areas where they are prevalent, there is just as much intolerance present in the non-religious schools.

I would do away with them myself - along with charitable status etc.

Hun that wrote that is stil an ignorant bigot though.

In my day RE was just a skive!

Children are brain washed from the moment they can understand speech. If you are told from an early age "Right, if you don't pray and go to church and have sex before marriage you WILL go to hell and BURN", any normal child will be like "f**king hell, this is pretty deep....best listen to these oldies who must obviously know that this is in fact FACT"

Some religions do have some good moral codes, but they are only followed out of fear. I suppose this is similar to the law these days, you have a set of rules and if you break them you will, sometimes, get punished for them. Only difference is that you arent told that you are going to burn in hell for eternity!

What f**ks me off is those religious high ground c**ts, the ones that think that if you are an athiest or another "label" then you are automatically a c**t and that they are better than you. Especially when it comes to charity!!! The fact is, "non religious nuts" do good charity work and help others because they want to, not because they have been told by God / the bible / church.

I'm not having a go at religion, but there are sections of people / cultures that do really piss me off. i.e. religious schools, parents that push their religion onto them without giving them an option and the c**ts I described above.

That is not just solely a condemnation of institutionalised sectarianism. He is trying to lay the blame for all our society's religious problems at the door of the Catholic church. That, in my eyes, is just plain wrong. Doubtless, it will be an attitude that he passes on to his offspring, fostering a hatred of all things Catholic that will be carried through the, mainly, Protestant schools they attend. And we are supposed to believe that it is merely Catholism that institutionally sectarian?

It is a reasonable point to suggest that education should not be segregated, but the Hun refuses to acknowledge that there is sectarianism bread in state schools, which, in general, teach Protestant children. This is where his argument becomes void. He is trying to demonise Catholics, when both sides are at fault. His point about Apartheid just shows how blinded by hatred and how ignorant he is.

Well yeah, it verges on a paranoid rant but it is a well written article, which if you try and ignore the bias he actually has the kernel of a point.