Jit Rangers Game

I watched it and there were encouraging signs. Btw what does JIT mean? I'm sure there used to be a thread explaining all the acronyms used on the forum but there but I couldn't find it.

Just In Thoughts

Did not deserve to lose that game at all. I think referees should just wear blue now instead of black so to avoid confusion with an unbiased official.

Played pretty well at times and got into many good positions only to make mess of them. At least we had go at them.

would agree there were spells when we just kept possesion well between their 18 yd box and the half way line but we struggled to move it forward

It really looked like a "wide" game based on those who started but but it seemed that both teams seemed to mark each other out of the flanks naismith and aluko seemed more intent on marking each other than getting at the full backs

Have to say though what a rotten game milsom had - really quite bad especially in the first half constantly caught in possession in the middle of the park aint good.

Don't know what to make of the refs performance to be fair seemed poor but didnt lose us the game.

I have seen us play much much worse than tonight and win (i think its hard to remember what its like) and ive rarely seen us play better this season to be fair. We lost to a very good goal and saw a rangers team desparate to waste time at every opportunity. We needed one break of the ball 18 yards out and we never really got it

their 41 (hutton was it?) what a shot he has on him by the way

play with the commitment we did tonight and we could do ok on sunday if celtic are off their game or take us for granted

Oh and finally - I'm of the "I want to watch a game rather than sing and stand brigade" But i do like to shout and suppoirt and stand if my view is slightly impeded - the team deserved support and i tried to do so and my view was occassionally blocked - thisall lead to me wanting to be on my feet - I didnt feel it was neccesary to be manhandled to sit down by a "fan"

I watched it and there were encouraging signs. Btw what does JIT mean? I'm sure there used to be a thread explaining all the acronyms used on the forum but there but I couldn't find it.

Just in talk.

Plenty negatives but also plenty positives from tonight.

Langfield nothing to do but beaten by bit of magic although well off line.

Defense played well and special mention for Young out of position. Smith struggling for Semi now is most worrying though.

Millsom standout in middle.

Jack played well for last 7 minutes (staying with positives here and struggling).

Thought Magennis put in great shift.

Aluko and Maguire in spells but no quality in end product.

Vernon worked ass off and hit post although he knew nothing about it!!

Ref had mare although Maguire and Lafferty throwing themselves all over place never helped.

Just in talk.

Defense played well and special mention for Young out of position. Smith struggling for Semi now is most worrying though.

Jack played well for last 7 minutes (staying with positives here and struggling).

Ref had mare although Maguire and Lafferty throwing themselves all over place never helped.

just shows really those around me as well thought Milsom had a really awful game especially first half and caught in possession far too much putting us in trouble - most thought jack carried milsom at times . but again all opinions

Considine (also new thread) my motm my a country mile

just shows really those around me as well thought Milsom had a really awful game especially first half and caught in possession far too much putting us in trouble - most thought jack carried milsom at times . but again all opinions

Considine (also new thread) my motm my a country mile

Most around us never knew Jack was on the pitch. Made Gary McDonald look a poor hide and seek player until last 10 mins.

Three things...

Referee has no consistency and lo and behold, it favoured Rangers more than us.

We played well in spells, passed well, but struggled in the final third against a bit-part Rangers defence. Doesn't bode well for the weekend with the lack of goals of late.

David Weir is a massive c**t.

Most around us never knew Jack was on the pitch. Made Gary McDonald look a poor hide and seek player until last 10 mins.

Thought Milsom did alright in the simple things, as did Jack. Can't see how anyone would say either hid, most of our good play came from the midfield two always being available and distributing well. Where Milsom let down today was his decision making. Quite a few times he missed chances to set others away in to space.

maybe a bit worrying that some of the crowd think one of our cental midfielders had a poor game and the others think the other had a poor game! probably sums up why we couldnt get that ball in passed the 18 yd line!

:itch-chin:

Has 10 years less than McDonald and also in his first season as a professional player. Hes had a good season and probably starting to show now but with injuries probably has to play.

As a team effort I thought we did ok, nobody in red hid tonight but my only gripe was how many times did we give away possession ?

Rangers by and large are not that far ahead of us, ref once again gave some pretty unexplicable decisions

Aluko I would say was our best player with Considine not far behind.

Hopefully take a bit more confidence going into Sundays game, 90 minutes do or die

Said the same thing about him today game seemed to pass him by. Also thought Milsom was pretty bad.

First time I'd been in ages today and I don't think we were that horrible just let down time after time in the final 3rd.

and Billy Dodds was saying Aberdeen's midfield were in control haha

I thought they were for more of the game. Rangers seemed to like the long ball a lot and you definitely saw a lot more of Milsom, Jack and Aluko (and less so Magennis) on the ball than Davis, Ness, Wylde and Naismith. BBC has down as having 56% of the possession and I don't think that is far wrong.

I thought they were for more of the game. Rangers seemed to like the long ball a lot and you definitely saw a lot more of Milsom, Jack and Aluko (and less so Magennis) on the ball than Davis, Ness, Wylde and Naismith. BBC has down as having 56% of the possession and I don't think that is far wrong.

I honestly don't think i've seen a Hun team at Todders play so many high and long balls in a game. Shows their lack of flair and puzzles me how a team like that has not been challenged more this season.

Just in talk.

Radio said Robertson did well when he came on, is that the case?

I suppose he did what was asked of him but tbh if he was to play on Sunday it would be a big ask imo.

Agreed, by the time he came on Rangers seemed to be settling for the 1-0 and Naismith had been fairly poor throughout the game, getting nothing out of Smith. If he was starting on Sunday with Young on the opposite side, Commons will have the freedom of Hampden.

"mumble mumble bobby sands HE'S DEID". Isn' that secterian? :confused:

Most of our players had a good game I thought. Can't believe how many times Laugherty and Jellybitch dived and never got a foul but never got a booking either.

When jelavic threw himself to the ground at the corner if the south and the paddock and the ref did nothing, really, really pissed me off. He had the cheek to argue with the ref for another minute or so and still the red did nothing. Hey ho.

I am Diamonds and Considines harshest critics but I thought they had very good games tonight, in a game where we definitely deserved a point. Not sure about the criticism of Jack as well. I thought he was excellent.

I enjoyed seeing Jelavic getting the ball mashed off his face beside the dug out - amusing :)

Aluko plucking the ball out of the sky and controlling in

Midfield didnt boss anything - that is where game was lost.

Milsom had a poor game - off form a bit which is a shame as I wish he had rattled that clever set piece chance clean past the fud McGregor, he was carrying Jack and wondering about Jelavic, Davis and Ness overloading on Young, pity McArdle wasnt available to push Young in there and that might have changed things.

Incidentally many players looking to Young on the park, I guess he is one of the more experienced dressing room guys.

Weir should STFU - miserable git.

Considine MOTM.. would question that - Lafferty won nearly all headers in the first 20 mins and eventually one of them created.

Langfield - it is evident Leighton is coaching you, after 4 minutes of Rangers possession and pressure off our defense the thing not to do is get over excited and punt it Sunday league style right back to them - ffs!

Injuries explain it all but a spirited effort - some players may have had an eye on Sunday too..

I really enjoyed the game and can't believe we never got anything from it. Most of the team played really well and the centre back pairing actually looked pretty solid. It'll be a worry if Smith is out for Sunday though.

My opinion:

Langfield - did well but not much to do

Smith - Defended well for most of the game, kept Naismith quiet

Considine - Played very well and looked a bit more composed

Diamond - Good performance which he needs to maintain

Young - I thought he was brilliant. My MOTM behind Aluko

Aluko - MOTM. Most of our good play came through him, plent of direct running. Edu must've been relieved when he swapped sides.

Milsom - Played ok. Got stuck in but a few misplaced passes

Jack - As per Milsom really.

Magennis - Typical Josh - he was a handful but didn't create too much apart from in the first couple of minutes when he set up Aluko who should've scored on his right foot.

Maguire - Linked up well with Aluko in the 2nd half but didn't produce much in and around the box. should've been booked for diving too.

Vernon - Very glad to see him back in the starting line-up. Few chances though.

Laugherty is a joke. Total cheating scumbag. David Weir has gone miles down in my estimation too - I see Craig Brown made comments on him "reffing the game very well".

Slightly more positive for Sunday but we really need to find the killer instinct. I'd start with the same 11 if everyone is fit.

Thought the dons did well

Milsom was good but did give the ball away a few times and he has GOT to work on his shooting

Aluko, thats the best performance I have seen from him for a while (Great control when he killed the ball at the corner of DD and main stand)

Vernon was MOM for me worked tirelessly and deserved a goal

I also just wish we had a right back like smith he is quality

Ref was as the crowd said (H*n with a whistle) awful

• Site Sponsor

I didn't bother going to the game.

I've just spoken to Dom. His assessment.

Ref: sh*te as usual.

Maguire = Fud

Diamond: Why the f**k was he standing off of Jelacunt?

Milsom: Decent game

Young: Decent game and good attitude against Laffacunt

Jack: just OK

Langfield: The one time he needed to do something he was too far off of his line.

Aluko: Good game (Believe me he has a pained expression on his face saying that!)

Huns were there for the taking yet again.

All this talk about Milsom giving the ball away and him playing poorly, has got me thinking. Bear in mind I only saw the first half, so I don't know if he regressed in the second.

I think part of the problem of him giving the ball away is the lack of options. There didn't seem to be alot of movement in front or to the side of him. That can't be ideal for someone like him, who likes to create.

I think he's a smashing player. He always shows for it, holds onto it in tight areas and plays with his head up. Those are qualities we have missed in our midfield for quite a while.

I didn't bother going to the game.

I've just spoken to Dom. His assessment.

Ref: sh*te as usual.

Maguire = Fud

Diamond: Why the f**k was he standing off of Jelacunt?

Milsom: Decent game

Young: Decent game and good attitude against Laffacunt

Jack: just OK

Langfield: The one time he needed to do something he was too far off of his line.

Aluko: Good game (Believe me he has a pained expression on his face saying that!)

Huns were there for the taking yet again.

Agree with almost all of Dom's summary there

All this talk about Milsom giving the ball away and him playing poorly, has got me thinking. Bear in mind I only saw the first half, so I don't know if he regressed in the second.

I think part of the problem of him giving the ball away is the lack of options. There didn't seem to be alot of movement in front or to the side of him. That can't be ideal for someone like him, who likes to create.

I think he's a smashing player. He always shows for it, holds onto it in tight areas and plays with his head up. Those are qualities we have missed in our midfield for quite a while.

Spot on assesment. Rangers are not a good side by any stretch. The big difference is they find space to receive the ball better than us and always have an option. Milsom is the type of player who is focussed on ball retention. His lack of options make it look as if he is holding on to the ball for too long