Considine

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mate, just because diamond made a mistake doesnt mean considine has to follow it up. hooper wasnt in control of the ball and langfield had almost collected it when considine stuck his leg out.

ridiculous and ruined our chance, once again

I'm not exactly defending him here but its easy to say this when in the stands and watching replays at home, Considine may not have known Langfield was getting their, he'd have been told to clear the lines and stop any danger so he went for the ball, Stokes invoted the challenge and wanted the penalty. it sometimes catch 22 for the defender. Do you go for the ball knowing theres a chance that the dis-honest striker will go down or do you leave it in the hope your keeper saves your ass. If the player scores you look stupid for letting him go.

the rule is the problem here IMO.

Considine was playing well up until he got sent off, love how everyone is now jumping back on the "cause he's sh*te" bandwagon, you could tell by the players reactions that it wasn't a red card, yet to see a replay myself but from at the time and from a few I know that watched it on tv it wasn't a red card.

I'm not exactly defending him here but its easy to say this when in the stands and watching replays at home, Considine may not have known Langfield was getting their, he'd have been told to clear the lines and stop any danger so he went for the ball, Stokes invoted the challenge and wanted the penalty. it sometimes catch 22 for the defender. Do you go for the ball knowing theres a chance that the dis-honest striker will go down or do you leave it in the hope your keeper saves your ass. If the player scores you look stupid for letting him go.

the rule is the problem here IMO.

Damned if you do or damned if you dont

He lets Hooper go and he scores, people are asking why he didnt tackle him, he tackeles Hooper and he runs the risk of being sent off as the pull of gravity is greater in the AFC penalty area for tim forwards.

Maybe hes been here too long and runs the risk of a Diamondesque fall from grace, maybe he needs an old heed beside him...................personally we could do a lot worse than play Hartley at sweeper beside him next year

Considine was playing well up until he got sent off, love how everyone is now jumping back on the "cause he's sh*te" bandwagon, you could tell by the players reactions that it wasn't a red card, yet to see a replay myself but from at the time and from a few I know that watched it on tv it wasn't a red card.

I think that when you look again and read every paper this morning, you'll find that it was.

I think that when you look again and read every paper this morning, you'll find that it was.

If your taking the piss then fair enough as I didn't word that well but what I mean is that it shouldn't have been a red card, Diamond was covering, smith was close by and loangfield was advancing.

Maybe hes been here too long and runs the risk of a Diamondesque fall from grace, maybe he needs an old heed beside him

There is no grace for him to fall from. A young player with potential 4 years ago but has proven to be unreliable and lacking in ability.

20 seconds into the game and he wrestles Hooper to the ground from a 50/50 ball and invites a free kick from a dangerous position. Continually finds himself in the wrong position to make a challenge and often overcompsensates by conceding fouls which is just daft.

He may make it yet at rugby.

There is no grace for him to fall from. A young player with potential 4 years ago but has proven to be unreliable and lacking in ability.

20 seconds into the game and he wrestles Hooper to the ground from a 50/50 ball and invites a free kick from a dangerous position. Continually finds himself in the wrong position to make a challenge and often overcompsensates by conceding fouls which is just daft.

He may make it yet at rugby.

utter mince, the ref called yet another one wrong there, both players were wrestling and hooper went to the ground. Its a joke how much forwards get off with nowadays in professional football, they know if they niggle the defender then he will get it back and he can go to ground.

Defenders are f**ked either way, they should be allowed to make an honest challenge on a player without fear of being sent off,

Guest the shepherd

Damned if you do or damned if you dont

He lets Hooper go and he scores, people are asking why he didnt tackle him, he tackeles Hooper and he runs the risk of being sent off as the pull of gravity is greater in the AFC penalty area for tim forwards.

Maybe hes been here too long and runs the risk of a Diamondesque fall from grace, maybe he needs an old heed beside him...................personally we could do a lot worse than play Hartley at sweeper beside him next year

Good shout. We did the same with Scott Severin when his legs were starting to slow up in the middle of the park but he still did a job at the back as he was a very good reader of the game. No reason why Paul Hartley can't do the same.

Getting back to Andrew Considine. Felt it was a disgusting and disgraceful decision to send him off yesterday as he certainly was not last man and after watching the highlights he can feel highly aggrieved although I have seen penalties awarded for that challenge in the past, most of them funnily enough to the old firm. Anthony Stokes is a cheating b*stard, conning the ref with a dive for the second penalty. How the f**k Collum can award that from where he was at, mind you he was man-of-the-match for celtic yesterday :itch-chin: . Well that's now seven penalties awarded against Aberdeen and three sending offs since Lennon's pathetic little childish rant against referees earlier this season. I would say only three of the seven penalties were awarded correctly, with Paul Hartley's sending off at Parkhead being the only sending off of the three warranted. Poor celtic the whole world is against them (aye f**king right) :cry::sleeping: .

Personally I wasn't surprised it was a penalty, but I don't believe it was a penalty. Although Collum is a terrible ref he was conned by Gary Hooper and he decided it was a penalty and with that he had no option than to send Considine off.

However, this could have all been avoided had Diamond stuck with his man rather than being sucked to the ball. The problem in our defence is Zander Diamond and Jamie Langfield and once these two jokers are replaced I believe our defence will start becoming stronger and I believe Considine is a player we really need to keep.

I know people will laugh but we need a player like Darren Dods or Stephen Craigan both have a wealth of experience in the SPL and would help Considine settle and gain confidence.

One thing for sure Considine can not be blamed for our defeat yesterday as he did absolutely nothing wrong and never even touched Hooper.

Personally I wasn't surprised it was a penalty, but I don't believe it was a penalty. Although Collum is a terrible ref he was conned by Gary Hooper and he decided it was a penalty and with that he had no option than to send Considine off.

However, this could have all been avoided had Diamond stuck with his man rather than being sucked to the ball. The problem in our defence is Zander Diamond and Jamie Langfield and once these two jokers are replaced I believe our defence will start becoming stronger and I believe Considine is a player we really need to keep.

I know people will laugh but we need a player like Darren Dods or Stephen Craigan both have a wealth of experience in the SPL and would help Considine settle and gain confidence.

One thing for sure Considine can not be blamed for our defeat yesterday as he did absolutely nothing wrong and never even touched Hooper.

two points

1. He didn't need to send him off, if he thought Considine fouled him then fine but IT WAS NOT a goal scoring opportunity

2. It could all have been avoided had the foul against Vernon been given in the first place. In fact this could all have been avoided if Collum had been locked up somewhere before the game.

two points

1. He didn't need to send him off, if he thought Considine fouled him then fine but IT WAS NOT a goal scoring opportunity

2. It could all have been avoided had the foul against Vernon been given in the first place. In fact this could all have been avoided if Collum had been locked up somewhere before the game.

I dont believe it was a penalty, purely because there was no contact. However, if it was at the other end and the penalty was awarded to us and their defender was only given a yellow I would be absolutley livid. I fail to see how it wasn't a goal scoring chance he was away from the defender and bearing down on the keeper.

I dont believe it was a penalty, purely because there was no contact. However, if it was at the other end and the penalty was awarded to us and their defender was only given a yellow I would be absolutley livid. I fail to see how it wasn't a goal scoring chance he was away from the defender and bearing down on the keeper.

wrong, he knocked the ball away and langfield gathered comfortably. he would not have gotten that ball, collum couldn't get the card out quick enough, he didn't even give himself a chance to think, he f**king sprinted towards Considine.

I wouldn't be livid as I 100% hate this rule, its a joke.

wrong, he knocked the ball away and langfield gathered comfortably. he would not have gotten that ball, collum couldn't get the card out quick enough, he didn't even give himself a chance to think, he f**king sprinted towards Considine.

agree, we aid the same thing, think his card was out before the foul!!!!!!!!

So Langfield would have collected the ball had Hooper stayed on his feet? Obviously you believe so, but the minute the ref gave the penalty everyone I was watching it with said thats him off.

Some interesting points raised here.

First, on yesterday's penalty. I saw the replay from behind a good few times and I still didn't think there was much if any contact. You watch the view from behind his leg is already lifting off the ground when Considine goes in and then it flicks out back the way, not natural at all. The lack of a mention from pundits and Brown alike made me think I was maybe just seeing (or not seeing) things.

Secondly, on Considine. Over the last few years, any time we have had anything nearing a good central defensive partnership, it has always involved Considine. I honestly can't think of any time you could say that about Diamond in that same period. From the outset yesterday it was apparent that Diamond and Considine were not on the same wavelength and I'd be more inclined to point my finger at Diamond on that one. When Stokes had the earlier chance which Langers saved, Stokes came in on Considine's blind side, Diamond sees it, doesn't do anything himself to react to it and I assume he gives Considine the shout, but I have no idea when. Langers saves and then Diamond starts having a go and Considine has a bit of a go back.

When Considine can be a mainstay in our team that came third, manages to keep a good run of clean sheets and what appears to be a strong partnership with Jerel Ifil, and when our defence falls apart after he gets injured for the season last year, I think it suggests there is something about him. I'd be given him and McArdle next season to prove they are up to playing for Aberdeen with one or two experienced centrebacks coming in to compete and hopefully develop the two next year.

proof2o.jpg

posted on mad, shows there was no contact at all

Just like Yong for the 2nd non-penalty that was given. Yong didnt touch him, he blocked the cross as all footballers do in that position and the cheating tim c**t fell on top of him. Same thing happened up the other end 2 minutes later, I saw no pen given to us.

Dont know what pisses me off more. The way that tim b*stards have complained all season about refs and this is what they 'get against them', the way 99.9% of it is then ignored by the media and as usual we are deemed hapless or that c**t Collum and his obvious hatred for all things AFC. Only explanation i can think of is his wife run off with an Aberdonian many moons ago and this is the only revenge he gets.

Celtic scored 1 goal, we lost by 4. The 1 they scored was the 4th... from the way we started and played for the first 20 minutes I doubt Celtic would've won. f**king fuming so I is. If I saw yon dick of a ref in the street I'd lamp him one.

Some interesting points raised here.

First, on yesterday's penalty. I saw the replay from behind a good few times and I still didn't think there was much if any contact. You watch the view from behind his leg is already lifting off the ground when Considine goes in and then it flicks out back the way, not natural at all. The lack of a mention from pundits and Brown alike made me think I was maybe just seeing (or not seeing) things.

Secondly, on Considine. Over the last few years, any time we have had anything nearing a good central defensive partnership, it has always involved Considine. I honestly can't think of any time you could say that about Diamond in that same period. From the outset yesterday it was apparent that Diamond and Considine were not on the same wavelength and I'd be more inclined to point my finger at Diamond on that one. When Stokes had the earlier chance which Langers saved, Stokes came in on Considine's blind side, Diamond sees it, doesn't do anything himself to react to it and I assume he gives Considine the shout, but I have no idea when. Langers saves and then Diamond starts having a go and Considine has a bit of a go back.

When Considine can be a mainstay in our team that came third, manages to keep a good run of clean sheets and what appears to be a strong partnership with Jerel Ifil, and when our defence falls apart after he gets injured for the season last year, I think it suggests there is something about him. I'd be given him and McArdle next season to prove they are up to playing for Aberdeen with one or two experienced centrebacks coming in to compete and hopefully develop the two next year.

agree 100% with all of that mate

rose tinted specs

thats given as a penalty and red card ten times out of ten

considine invited early pressure by being caught wrong side of hooper and being forced to pull him to the ground and he tripped the same player, when he didnt have to, resulting in a red card and ruining the game for us

the guys a simpleton and needs kicked the hell out

sigh, have a look at it again MT. Hooper's foot is off the ground and he's on the way down before Considine gets near him , the ball is then touched by Hooper straight in to the arms of our keeper which shows it was not a goalscoring opportunity. Hooper played for it and conned the ref. You will never admit this though as you have an irrational hatred of Considine

Considine and Zander were getting bullied to fxck as usual get the pair of them to fxck , one of them would probably have got sent off anyway , pair of spazzers

hooper and stokes tried it but this time they were fighting back. for 15 minutes we looked like a football team up for a game. Step up Collum and the rest is history