Sicknote Hargreaves

looks like the yank owen hangreaves has played his last game for man united.

i was at his last appearence this season and he lasted 5 mins.

i though he was a brilliant player for bayern and in his short spell at man united.

a most underrated player who was also very versatile.

full of energy and possiblly the best in the world when sitting in front of the defence.

a big loss to man united.

looks like the yank owen hangreaves has played his last game for man united.

i was at his last appearence this season and he lasted 5 mins.

i though he was a brilliant player for bayern and in his short spell at man united.

a most underrated player who was also very versatile.

full of energy and possiblly the best in the world when sitting in front of the defence.

a big loss to man united.

No way was he underrated.... he was probably the most overrated player in England IMHO. He was a very good player at his peak, but he certainly wasn't anything like the world beater the English press made him out to be. I thought that when Fletcher stepped up he was a more than adequate replacement for him when Hargreaves got injured.

Tough luck to the boy, but in reality it's made no difference to United over the years.... they kept on winning. Had we been talking about someone like Rooney, Vidic or Ronaldo then I'd have agreed that it was a big loss.

Idiotic statement. Had he been fit, he'd have been a good player for United. No doubt. It was no-ones fault that Hargreaves struggled with injuries for so long... certainly not Ferguson.

Jesus SOTR calm down on the vitriol like. Of course he would have been a good signing if fit, but he's not and he's only played something like 20 games if that, so he's a bad signing imo. Bit like Bernard for us, it's all about the price tag and whether or not you're getting value for money so in this case it's a no.

No way was he underrated.... he was probably the most overrated player in England IMHO. He was a very good player at his peak, but he certainly wasn't anything like the world beater the English press made him out to be. I thought that when Fletcher stepped up he was a more than adequate replacement for him when Hargreaves got injured.

It was amazing how much he was dismissed by the media and a lot of the punditry world while he played in Germany with Bayern and the transformation when he ended up moving to England. I think they would be right somewhere about the middle of the two extremes they seemed to be at. Certainly a more than capable player, but not all that special, and certainly not that difficult to replace.

No way was he underrated.... he was probably the most overrated player in England IMHO.

Not true. When he first broke into the England first-team, he was under-rated and I recall him being considered a fringe player and unorthodoxly deployed at right-back. The English media, largely ignorant of anything outwith their "greatest league in the world", didn't seem to realise how pivotal he was in the Bayern Munich side. For example...

Although he had not usually been part of the first-team, he was selected for the England squads at Euro 2004 in Portugal and the 2006 World Cup in Germany despite criticism from sections of the press and public. However, in a tournament in which England were generally regarded as having underachieved, he was, by the end of England's participation, widely considered one of the few successes of the English squad. He was named Man of the match in the quarter final against Portugal, the game in which England were eliminated after a penalty shootout, Hargreaves having been the only successful English penalty taker. In 2006, he won both England Player of the Year, and England Player of the World Cup in official FA polls, the first to win both in the same year.

• 1 month later...

The least surprising news of the season - Manchester United release midfielder Owen Hargreaves

I wonder if he'll just retire now. Can't see any major clubs willing to take a risk on him now. I could maybe see an MLS or A-League side take a punt on him. There are a number of Canadian sides in the MLS now so one of them might see Hargreaves as a bit of a coup for them.

According to Wikipedia 39 games in 4 season. 34 of those games in his first season :poster_oops:

Never realised he'd only played 5 games in 3 seasons. Practically 4 games given he lasted about 2 minutes in his comeback this season.

He'd be aswell retiring as i can't see him coming back the same player. Had he stayed fit he'd have been a great player for United although the

Never realised he'd only played 5 games in 3 seasons. Practically 4 games given he lasted about 2 minutes in his comeback this season.

He'd be aswell retiring as i can't see him coming back the same player. Had he stayed fit he'd have been a great player for United although the

How many games did he actually play for Utd in the end?

:laughing:

someone replied before opening the link and reading the 1st 2 sentences.

Manchester United have released injury-plagued midfielder Owen Hargreaves after deciding not to extend his contract beyond this summer.

The

• 1 month later...

on the talksport website there are youtube vids which hargreaves (and his agent presumably) has released to proove his fitness.

pretty hilarious but actually quite sad for such a great player who always tried his hardest and would have vastly improved the uinited side if he had been fit.

We should sign him.

Would fit in well with our habit of huge injury lists.

I know your only joking but i was wondering how long it would be before some of the usual wallopers come along and suggest that he is -

a) worth a look

b) just the sorta player that Craig Brown should be bringing to Aberdeen

c) Some other pish that i cannae think of but gets spewed out by dreamers who think Aberdeen are actually Real Madrid and we shouldnt be having trialists and bringing players to the club who arent previous world cup winners or some sh*t like that.

I know your only joking but i was wondering how long it would be before some of the usual wallopers come along and suggest that he is -

a) worth a look

b) just the sorta player that Craig Brown should be bringing to Aberdeen

c) Some other pish that i cannae think of but gets spewed out by dreamers who think Aberdeen are actually Real Madrid and we shouldnt be having trialists and bringing players to the club who arent previous world cup winners or some sh*t like that.

Nah nah. Were covered in center midfield, we dont need him.

Heard Cannavaro is available though.