The Problem With Afc Is The Fans

Yesterday what really annoyed me was some of our fans, the fickle ones chanting Langfields name aswell as Maguires and Diamonds, fair enough support them but to give these pretenders a reception like that it just sickens me and makes me think that is why we will never get any better as soo many folk actually believe these guys are good.

Wisen up. Credit where credit is due. Langfield and Maguire played well. f**k all wrong with recognising that.

Langfield was alright, a couple of errors which is standard.

Maguire, he ran his heart out but I could do that aswell, he never won a header the whole match and continually pulled out of 50/50 situations aswell as backing off too early when chasing something down.

Langfield kept us in the game in the first half with a couple of good save including the pen so why not sing his name, let him know the fans are behind him and that he's done well. We all know that there are a few players there that consistantly don't play well enough however for 90 mins you put that behind you.

Langfield was alright, a couple of errors which is standard.

Maguire, he ran his heart out but I could do that aswell, he never won a header the whole match and continually pulled out of 50/50 situations aswell as backing off too early when chasing something down.

You and Stoney really are pathetic. You want to know if the problem with AFC is the fans? I would suggest that is part of problem. Fans like you two dismiss the efforts and the ability of our players. You help to create a negative atmosphere around the club. No wonder players are not interested in coming here. Langfield and Maguire were two of our better performers yesterday, but your inability to support or praise them for aiding the team is really quite sad.

It's quite funny that you seem to be judging Maguire (5ft 8in) on his inability to win headers against Mulgrew (6ft 3in) and Rogne (6ft 4in). That suggests to me that you really have a fundamental misunderstanding of football. When he got the ball at feet he ran at them and won us throw ins, free kicks, corners etc up the park. That's his game and he did it well.

You continually berate certain players on this forum. I don't know if it's an online persona you have manifested or you genuinely are this moronic, but no wonder guys like Maguire can't wait to get out of this club to another where they may actually, heaven forbid, be supported.

Langfield kept us in the game in the first half with a couple of good save including the pen so why not sing his name, let him know the fans are behind him and that he's done well. We all know that there are a few players there that consistantly don't play well enough however for 90 mins you put that behind you.

Spot on. If you dont get behind the team on the park what is the point even going?

You and Stoney really are pathetic. You want to know if the problem with AFC is the fans? I would suggest that is part of problem. Fans like you two dismiss the efforts and the ability of our players. You help to create a negative atmosphere around the club. No wonder players are not interested in coming here. Langfield and Maguire were two of our better performers yesterday, but your inability to support or praise them for aiding the team is really quite sad.

It's quite funny that you seem to be judging Maguire (5ft 8in) on his inability to win headers against Mulgrew (6ft 3in) and Rogne (6ft 4in). That suggests to me that you really have a fundamental misunderstanding of football. When he got the ball at feet he ran at them and won us throw ins, free kicks, corners etc up the park. That's his game and he did it well.

You continually berate certain players on this forum. I don't know if it's an online persona you have manifested or you genuinely are this moronic, but no wonder guys like Maguire can't wait to get out of this club to another where they may actually, heaven forbid, be supported.

:hysterical:

:applause:

Had it been Darren mackie playing the way Maguire played yesterday then most on here would be ripping in to him. Langfield played well still making positional errors, coming for corners and nae getting anything on him, failing to come for balls he should be ctaching, all the bread and butter stuff he continually fails to do, just like maguire, oh yeah he ran his heart out but when it came to a simple pass he couldn't find one, it came to making the keep work with a header, he failed to, it was straight down his throat.

You say I berate them but I actually have reasons to do so, name me the last time Maguire had a game where he played really well for 90 minutes, or to make it easier for you, even just 45 minutes will do.

Well said :applause:

Had it been Darren mackie playing the way Maguire played yesterday then most on here would be ripping in to him. Langfield played well still making positional errors, coming for corners and nae getting anything on him, failing to come for balls he should be ctaching, all the bread and butter stuff he continually fails to do, just like maguire, oh yeah he ran his heart out but when it came to a simple pass he couldn't find one, it came to making the keep work with a header, he failed to, it was straight down his throat.

You say I berate them but I actually have reasons to do so, name me the last time Maguire had a game where he played really well for 90 minutes, or to make it easier for you, even just 45 minutes will do.

If Mackie had done that, I would have praised him as I thought Maguire had a good game. There's no favouritism here. I want everyone in a red shirt to do well.

Maguire didn't have many simple passes to make in the game, quite simply because he was isolated. I recall one situation where he did receive support and, after beating two in a tight spot, lifted his head and switched it to Jack who had come forward from right back. And are you seriously asking him to continually win headers against centre halves who have 5-6 inches on him? It was a mismatch and he needed the ball at feet.

Granted Maguire has not been playing consistently well recently, only doing it spurts. That happens, players tend to do that in a team that's struggling. However, I was making a general point about the attitude towards some players. They are on a black list and will never come off that, despite any good performances. It gets very hard to motivate yourself when you know that you will not get praise when you play well, but get slated for playing poorly. Trust me, I've been there. It's horrible. You go into a shell and become half the player you are. You know that every mistake will be jumped upon and you get to the stage where you don't want to play.

This may sound like a rant, and well, it is. I'm sick and tired of hearing the pish that comes out on this forum. We know that many of those are not good enough, but they've been hung out to dry by the people above them. They are not at fault. They are doing the best they can.

Don't read that as me pleading for an acceptance of mediocrity, but if we adopt an approach where players are praised for positives and criticised for negatives, we may just see a response. Simple psychology that. Carrot and stick. It works.

I don't expect him to win every header, i would just like it if he tried to put up a bit of fight to win one, which he never does, he starts to run to go for the jump, sees the defender then bottles the attempt for the header, things like that piss me off. I do give him credit when it's due but yesterday it wasn't at times.

The thing is after Considines red card our formation clearly had to change. Maguire was never going to have an outstanding game from then on as he was 4 v 1 against the celtic defence chasing a long ball up the park with no support as our defence and midfield were understandably sitting really far back.

The problem with AFC is the fans?

Is this Willie Miller and Jimmy Calderwood speak all over again?

Let me see. There are a number of different problems at AFC. I wonder which of the following groups are mostly culpable?

1. Chairman

2. Directors

3. Board

4. Management

5. Staff

6. Coaches

7. Players

8. Youth players

9. Fans

The intelligent thing to do is to marry the specific problem with the particular group responsible for it.

Perhaps the OP can list all the problems at AFC plc then attribute one to the other?

There are many problems with this once great club, the fickle fans is one that really gets to me though, some are happy to accept mediocrity, I am not, the chairman and DoF is also another big problem too but again some fans actually want to back these guys aswell as they don't realise some of the wrong they bring to the club.

• Site Sponsor

Yesterday what really annoyed me was some of our fans, the fickle ones chanting Langfields name aswell as Maguires and Diamonds, fair enough support them but to give these pretenders a reception like that it just sickens me and makes me think that is why we will never get any better as soo many folk actually believe these guys are good.

I'm with you on this as far is Langfield is concerned. The first goal was his fault, absolutely no argument with that. Yes he pulled off some very good saves but he averages a complete f.uck up a game and it usually results in a goal against. However maybe these guys genuinely think he is the real deal which is their opinion.

Mine remains that we will never win anything with him in goal.

As for Diamond and Maguire, both will be gone in the Summer so I don't need to worry about the pair anymore :sheepdance:

• Site Sponsor

Maguire did not play well.

He burst a gut and put a decent shift in but when he had the ball at his feet he was un-produtive as ever.

Nobody on the pitch yesterday can get pass marks for getting a doing like that. They were all f**king murder.

I thought Aluko was our man of the match. If he applied himself in every game I'd have no issue in him signing on again.

Was it the fans who pissed away the money from the 80s, when we were operating in the black?

Was it the fans who didn't invest a penny in a proper training facility?

Was it the fans who pissed away the money from the share issue?

Was it the fans who hired TWO untried managers?

Was it the fans who pissed millions away in the wages and transfer fees given to those managers?

Was it the fans who hired a manager who spent as much time with the Scotland set up as he did at the club who paid his wages?

Was it the fans fault the club hired managers who were inept?

Was it the fans fault that the club hired an alcoholic who was never in a fit state to manager Aberdeen?

Was it the fans fault we went into a 7 figure debt?

Was it the fans fault Calderwood and his team was given a 3 year contract then fired a year into it, meaning we had to pay him and his team massive compensation?

Was it the fans fault McGhee was hired, the worst manager I've seen in my time watching Aberdeen.. bearing in mind I've seen Paterson, Alex Miller and Roy Aitken manage Aberdeen? And that we had to pay compensation to get him, meaning any transfer budget was effectively gone?

Was it the fans fault McGhee was then sacked and the club had to pay out shitloads of compensation to him and his team?

Is the signing of hopeless, talentless journeymen or hopeless, disinterested foreigners, at massive cost, the fans fault?

Is it the fans fault that we haven't won a trophy in 16 years?

Aberdeen Football Club has been mismanaged, run into the ground, abused and neglected for a decade and a half. Any money it had was pissed away, and another 11,000,000 quid we DIDN'T have was thrown after it, and we have exactly... let me count... yup, we have exactly sweet f**k all to show for it aside from a team of disinterested, third rate journeymen, no training facility and a creaky stadium that was built over a hundred years ago. We have a fan base who are so disgusted and numbed that 4-0 against Celtic is routine... it's really not a surprise or that big a deal.

Tell me who it was who mismanaged the third biggest club in Scotland and drove it into the ground.

Was it the fans?