Has Celtics "rants" Influenced Refs

Some stats from the last few seasons in the SPL alone so doesnt count the 3 against us alone - what do you think the answer is

Year Penalties awarded Penalties conceded

07/08 6 2

08/09 6 2

09/10 9 5

10/11 10 2

And remember the season isnt even over yet

and to add no other club has been awarded over 8 penalties in 1 season in the SPL

Some stats from the last few seasons in the SPL alone so doesnt count the 3 against us alone - what do you think the answer is

07/08 6 2

08/09 6 2

09/10 9 5

10/11 10 2

and to add no other club has been awarded over 8 pernalties in 1 season in the SPL

I think Scottish Football is pretty much a closed shop, revolving around the well-being of two clubs, with the rest of Scottish Football being a mere inconvenience to the OF and the authorities.

Time and again, for as long as I can remember and certainly long before then, Celtic and Rangers were given soft penalties, while a non-OF club would practically need a player hospitalised before any action would grudgingly be taken against an OF player.

50/50 decisions would magically, and without fail, go the way of the OF.

When an OF player slides in on the face of a non-OF player, smashing that non-OF players face , that magically becomes a 50/50 ball that the OF player had every right to slide in on with his studs up, with such force that he shattered the bones in that non-OF players face.

When an OF player stamps on the throat of a non-OF player, crushing that non-OF player's windpipe, that becomes an incident that is never, and I do mean NEVER mentioned in the press.

When an Aberdeen player is involved in an incident in which a mediocre OF player gets injured, then that suddenly becomes an incident worthy of repeating again and again and again and again for a quarter of a century or more.

When an OF team shames Scotland with its behaviour it's never brought up. When an OF team sings sectarian filth it is deflected by inventing imaginary songs and attributing them to non-OF teams. One non-OF team in particular.

This isn't even the very tip of the tip of the iceberg.

Scottish Football is run by scum for the benefit of scum.

Not being scum it's not run for the benefit of Aberdeen Football Club.

Can I also say that Milne is incompetent and is killing Aberdeen Football Club.

That last line wasn't relevant to the topic, but I reckon it's time this fact was raised a helluva lot more frequently, regardless of topic.

07/08 6 2

08/09 6 2

09/10 9 5

10/11 10 2

and to add no other club has been awarded over 8 penalties in 1 season in the SPL

I'd expect Rankgers and Smelltic to get more penalties because they have the most attacks, quickest players etc etc....

Shooting (club)

Team Shots On Target

Aberdeen 249 119

Celtic 424 206

Dundee Utd 259 125

Hamilton 199 92

Hearts 323 158

Hibernian 299 152

Inverness CT 247 127

Kilmarnock 331 168

Motherwell 271 135

Rangers 428 244

St Johnstone 244 103

St Mirren 232 113

I'd expect Rankgers and Smelltic to get more penalties because they have the most attacks, quickest players etc etc....

Doesnt seem to be a good correlation over the years

first figure is shots "chart" figure in brackets is position in Pens "chart"

07/08 Celtic 1(5) Rangers 2(4) Aberdeen 6(3) (Afc vs celtic 30% more shots, 37% more on target - less penalties

08/09 Celtic 2(3) Rangers 1(1) Aberdeen 6(7)

09/10 Celtic 1(1) Rangers 2(6) Aberdeen 9(10) (hibs vs rangers 25% less shots than rangers 30 on target - less penalties)

10/11 Celtic 1(2) Rangers 2(1) Aberdeen 9(6)

so doesnt seem to work celtic once and rangers twice have shared top billing on shots but havent been top on penalties - even so far this year rangers have been the most attacking yet trail celtic by 2 pens awarded and are two more against

Just a compaison of the net difference between rangers celtic and us as a comparison

if celtic = 0 points award 1 point per penaltiy award more than then award 1 point per penalty award less than them

Celtic = 0

07/08 R +2 A -2

08/09 R+3 A-4

09/10 R+1 A+3

10/11 R-4 A-11

I can do it with other teams if you wish but things do seem to be swinging celtics way somewhat

Fair enuf...it was just a thought.

This is all i could find about penalties.

I guess my question would be.....were those penalties deserved?

http://liberalscotland.com/spl-penalties-awarded-statistics/

SPL penalties awarded statistics

November 6th, 2009 by Admin | Print

I completely intend tο take thе penalty statistics аѕ far back аѕ I саn take thеm, firstly back tο thе ѕtаrt οf thе SPL, thеn whο knows

07/08 6 2

08/09 6 2

09/10 9 5

10/11 10 2

Would certainly say it is on the minds of some referees. How could it not be. For sure a referee who is in two minds about whether to give Celtic a penalty will give it for fear of the backlash from Lennon and co at Parkhead. Look what happened to Dougie McDonald.

Could be said they got 50/50 decisions anyway although Rangers got the more of them. Think it was Billy Brown who said after Killie had been cheated out of a result against one half of the scum that 'the old firm have been getting all the big decisions from referees for over 100 years.'