Derek Young Wants To Remain A Don

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/2229964

And Peter Sutcliffe no doubt wants a weekend release once in a while so he can go pan some prossies heids in.... but some things, however much you want them, just shouldn't be allowed to happen.

I'm not saying Derek Young staying at Pittodrie is on a par with Peter Sutcliffe smashing in the heids of hoors with a peen-ba hemmer.... I'm suggesting it might be worse.

Certainly from a footballing sense it is, I doubt many could argue.

He's on a meager wage & gives 100% for it when he gets his chance.

He knows he's only a squad/back up player & accepts this although he still tries 100% to get a game whenever he can.

He is a reliable fall back in emergencies & while a lot will say give his wage to youth, I can see the argument for this but you do still need the odd back up player that is willing to accept small wage & has years of experience & he fits the bill.

Don't get me wrong, I nearly cried when we signed him again but he has surprised me since his return & especially in his first season back with us.

He's professional & actually (believe it or not) a good influence for our youth teamers (a lot more so than most of our players) so I'd say give him another deal, one or two years on the same or lesser wage & if he's happy to take a little less then all the better.

Same could also be said for Mackie (& I am far from a fan of him also)

He's on a meager wage & gives 100% for it when he gets his chance.

He knows he's only a squad/back up player & accepts this although he still tries 100% to get a game whenever he can.

He is a reliable fall back in emergencies & while a lot will say give his wage to youth, I can see the argument for this but you do still need the odd back up player that is willing to accept small wage & has years of experience & he fits the bill.

Don't get me wrong, I nearly cried when we signed him again but he has surprised me since his return & especially in his first season back with us.

He's professional & actually (believe it or not) a good influence for our youth teamers (a lot more so than most of our players) so I'd say give him another deal, one or two years on the same or lesser wage & if he's happy to take a little less then all the better.

Same could also be said for Mackie (& I am far from a fan of him also)

No he doesn't!

EDIT: And it would have been great for him to use his years of experience on Sunday instead of sliding in for no reason in the box.

No he doesn't!

EDIT: And it would have been great for him to use his years of experience on Sunday instead of sliding in for no reason in the box.

Eh, yes he obviously does cos otherwise he'd be wanting away to any other smaller club so as to guarantee regular first team games.

He is happy to stay here try to fight for regular games but accepts the fact that he will only be getting bit parts because we will & should have better players in ahead of him.

& yeah, it's his fault we lost on Sun & that he had to be played at CH

Eh, yes he obviously does cos otherwise he'd be wanting away to any other smaller club so as to guarantee regular first team games.

He is happy to stay here try to fight for regular games but accepts the fact that he will only be getting bit parts because we will & should have better players in ahead of him.

& yeah, it's his fault we lost on Sun & that he had to be played at CH

He hated McGhee because said he was back up at best. How is that accepting it?

And if you could point out where I said it was his fault we lost that'd be fantastic. There was no need for him to slide in as he did, you don't need to be a neurologist to figure that one out. Or a centre half for that matter.

He is a reliable fall back in emergencies

He is anything but, as our two semi finals this season will testify. A couple of months ago I said he should never kick another ball after his ludicrous defending, and his redonkylous hand ball. On Sunday his stupid sliding "tackle", was amateur defending, at best. Not good enough for my club. He is maybe in a small wage but he is on a small wage for a reason. He's sh*te. Promote youth not mediocrity.

Can't believe people want to justify giving him another contract because he's a "grafter". He is no-where near good enough (remembering he wasn't even good enough for Partick). I would give 100% for Aberdeen, yet I don't get a contract, and even I know not to dive in a tackle in the box whilst shielding the player away from the goal. I'd much rather have a youth team player as "back up".

See also Mackie, I only wish his contract was up at the end of the season.

with it looking more and more likely that zander is gone in the summer, and i also think hartley will go, surely Young would be offered the captains armband as an incentive to stay?

This is surely an Aberdeen player (or ex-player) on the wind-up!

Maybe even Deeko himself?!

• Site Sponsor

http://www.eveningex...le.aspx/2229964

And Peter Sutcliffe no doubt wants a weekend release once in a while so he can go pan some prossies heids in.... but some things, however much you want them, just shouldn't be allowed to happen.

I'm not saying Derek Young staying at Pittodrie is on a par with Peter Sutcliffe smashing in the heids of hoors with a peen-ba hemmer.... I'm suggesting it might be worse.

Certainly from a footballing sense it is, I doubt many could argue.

He will be relatively cheap and knows he will be a squad player. He never really gave anything less than his best for us so I wouldn't be unhappy if he stayed.