Playstation Network

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Calm down dear, it's only a games console :-)

People like to get excited over which product is better.

Pro Evo / Fifa

Adidas / Nike

BMW / Audi

Persil / Ariel

These corporations must love seeing the way we consumers are sucked into their branding strategies.

At this moment in time it seems Xbox Live security > PSN security however I still prefer the PS3 to the Xbox. Which is fortunate considering I have a PS3 but don't have an Xbox.

• 2 weeks later...

thankfully i did not have any credit/debit card details on the psn database, i prefer buying games from amazon, i don't often go on-line with the ps3 anyway so it was no loss while it was off, still i'll be happy to accept their free games offer when it comes out soon, i think they are also offering free insurance for a year to protect peoples bank details, that's the least they could do

Yup, free identity protection for 1 year, 30 days of psn+,

choice of 2 games from these 5:

Infamous

Little Big Planet

Ratchet and Clank

Wipeout HD

Dead Nation

And I think some free movie rentals too.

reasonable compensation I'd say.

which is the best from these games?

I'm going to download Ratchet and Clank...maybe Wipeout HD. Not sure about the others, would need to have a look. Little Big PLanet is decent, but i've already got it.

I managed to get connected and changed my password, but I couldn't get into the store. Anyone know how to get these "free" games? are they available yet?

I'm going to download Ratchet and Clank...maybe Wipeout HD. Not sure about the others, would need to have a look. Little Big PLanet is decent, but i've already got it.

I managed to get connected and changed my password, but I couldn't get into the store. Anyone know how to get these "free" games? are they available yet?

IMO, Ratchet and Clank is pish. Got it free with my PS3 and wouldn't recommend it.

The Playstation Store is still down at the moment, once it's back up, you'll be able to get your "welcome back" gifts.

IMO, Ratchet and Clank is pish. Got it free with my PS3 and wouldn't recommend it.

The Playstation Store is still down at the moment, once it's back up, you'll be able to get your "welcome back" gifts.

I'll have a look at the others and see. Otherwise i'll have to stick with Ratchet and Clank. The bird would play that, keeps her quiet for a while!

The selection of games is pretty poor, I know we are getting "two free" but it's hardly a great selection. Better than nowt though...

I keep forgetting I have FF7, which is on mp PSP....amazing game! Think I'll resurrect my psp for that game alone!

which is the best from these games?

Infamous is a great game, I traded it in over a year ago but will probably grab it and play through again (as evil Cole this time) before Infamous 2 comes out next month.

Will probably take a punt on Dead Nation cause I have Wipeout HD already (it's decent)

LBP and Ratchet & clank are pish like.

:laughing:

Take it you're on PS3 instead of 360 as you're just worried I'd give you a doing on UFC!

I sold my PS3 when I buggered off for awhile last year, and just recently got another one. Very nearly got an X-box...

I've still got a few old games, UFC 2009 [i think] being one of them. Might need to dig it out, I was pretty hopeless at it tbh, button bashing to the extreme!

I sold my PS3 when I buggered off for awhile last year, and just recently got another one. Very nearly got an X-box...

I've still got a few old games, UFC 2009 [i think] being one of them. Might need to dig it out, I was pretty hopeless at it tbh, button bashing to the extreme!

Should have went for the 360 ;-)

I like the UFC games but I'll be honest I'm an honest striker, that's about it. My mate is too good at it, masters submissions etc. He's goes online and plays against people that's bio says 'great ko's %, poor ground game' and let's them punch themselves out for two rounds, only throwing the odd punch himself and over clinching before throwing them down and locking in a submission in the third round. The amount of folk that turn it off mid submission is unreal. Really frustrating though.

Yup, free identity protection for 1 year, 30 days of psn+,

choice of 2 games from these 5:

Infamous

Little Big Planet

Ratchet and Clank

Wipeout HD

Dead Nation

those 2 came free with the ps3 when it first came out so thats a bit cheeky. i know because ive got them stored on mine along wi the other 2 free games they gave.

cool that they are offering infamous and LBP but at the same time, sneaky since itll encourage people to buy the sequels. they aint daft over at PSN HQ

• 2 weeks later...

was apparently hacked again yesterday

http://uk.ibtimes.com/articles/156879/20110603/sony-hack-lulzsec-security-psn-playstation-network-hackers-security-breach-3-4.htm

The group cited its reason for the attack as to demonstrate the inherent weakness of Sony's security. In a subsequent release entitled "Sownage" the group wrote:

"Our goal here is not to come across as master hackers, hence what we're about to reveal: SonyPictures.com was owned by a very simple SQL injection, one of the most primitive and common vulnerabilities, as we should all know by now.

"From a single injection, we accessed EVERYTHING. Why do you put such faith in a company that allows itself to become open to these simple attacks?"

The post continued, "What's worse is that every bit of data we took wasn't encrypted. Sony stored over 1,000,000 passwords of its customers in plaintext, which means it's just a matter of taking it. This is disgraceful and insecure: they were asking for it."