3 In & 3 Out

After listening to CB on the radio after the game when he stated there be 3 in and 3 out, can we deduce from this that out of the 6 out of contract players, he has stated that Aluko, Maguire he wants to keep and Milsom signed a new contract, then the 3 other players out of contract, Langfield, Diamond and Young wont be offered new deals.

Happy days.......

After listening to CB on the radio after the game when he stated there be 3 in and 3 out, can we deduce from this that out of the 6 out of contract players, he has stated that Aluko, Maguire he wants to keep and Milsom signed a new contract, then the 3 other players out of contract, Langfield, Diamond and Young wont be offered new deals.

Happy days.......

He might want to keep Maguire but i think he'd have signed his contract by now, clearly waiting to hear what other teams are after him. You're probably right though.

Happy days.......

Or the three out are smith, Vuja and Blackman and all will be offered new deals

So if it's to be believed our first team squad for next season before possible signings will be:

McArdle

Foster

Folly

Considine

Hartley

Vernon

Mackie

Pawlett

Fyvie

Magennis

Jack

Milsom

Robertson

Jesus how young is that team? Hopefully Brown will manage to get a couple more senior players in too.

Part of the full text of his interview:

Aberdeen manager Craig Brown expects to make changes to his squad this summer but "not dramatically".

Speaking after the 1-1 draw with Hamilton, Brown said: "We haven't got a budget for that. Three out and three in at the moment.

"We'll reinforce the squad, hopefully we'll have a far better season.

"We'll do everything possible to ensure fans haven't to endure the ignomany of 9-0 defeats and 5-0 defeats at Celtic and at Hearts as we had this season."

Same old story, no money and a lot of hope and wishful thinking.

Surely more than 3 in and 3 out. Has to be! And I'm not a fan of Langfield, but I'd keep him ahead of Howard as number 2, and bring in a better quality of no 1. Saying that, maybe wages will dictate he should go. I'm a little worried now tbh. We need a whole new defence for a start!

If this is going to be the case just 3 out and 3 in AFC can expect record low season ticket sales and another season at wrong end of the league.

That also hints that more of the others out of contract will be offered deals to stay aswell.

Jesus! If Brown doesn't make some significant changes to the squad this summer then I can see attendances falling even further.

Key areas for me:

- Release under-performing players & make a statement of intent that the Dons are coming back stronger (Vuja, Mackie & Diamond are the obvious 3 for me but if we can get a good goalie then I'd add Clangers to that too. Young too but again if we can get in good enough squad players to replace him)

- Take the huns' cash for Foster & invest in the squad to improve both numbers & quality. Versatility is important given the small squad & horrendous injuries we seem to be plagued with but winning mentality is also vital.

- Sort the defence out pronto: Sign up Smith, another 1 or 2 fullbacks and a couple of no-nonsense centre-halves. Maybe also sign up McNamee on a heavily incentivised contract (low base salary but high appearance and performance bonuses so we're not stuck with another old crock like Hartley)

- Assess the club's training & physios. Something dodgy is causing a lot of injuries.

The quotes on BBC don't seem to say anything like the 3 in 3 out thing:

Aberdeen manager Craig Brown expects to make changes to his squad this summer but "not dramatically".

Speaking after the 1-1 draw with Hamilton, Brown said: "We haven't got a budget for that. Three out and three in at the moment.

"We'll do everything possible to ensure fans haven't to endure the ignomany of 9-0 defeats and 5-0 defeats at Celtic and at Hearts as we had this season."

As well as the possibility of bringing players in, Brown is also looking forward to getting some of his long-term injured players back.

"But we've got four players coming that (assistant) Archie Knox and I haven't seen play for Aberdeen," said Brown.

"Darren Mackie's been injured since we came, Fraser Fyvie's been injured since we came, Yoann Folly broke his leg just after we arrived and the lad Richard Foster is coming back from (his loan at) Rangers.

"That gives us four players that Archie and I haven't worked with and then the three who got injured while we were here, Rory McArdle, David McNamee and Paul Hartley, the captain - they're all international players.

"We're really struggled in terms of resources recently.

"We'll lose Nick Blackman, we'll lose Nikola Vujadinovic. They obviously will be going back to their own clubs.

"We have spaces to fill and hopefully we'll do that wisely."

A point at New Douglas Park kept the Dons 12 points clear of bottom club Hamilton, who have a significantly inferior goal difference with four games to player.

Chris Maguire missed a penalty for the visitors early in the second half and Hamilton capitalised by going ahead through Dougie Imrie only for Nick Blackman to fire an equaliser for Aberdeen.

"A point's okay I suppose, it keeps us from worrying about being dragged down," Brown said.

"I didn't want to be in a position where we were going to depend on other teams beating Hamilton for Aberdeen to stay safe because Aberdeen should never be in that kind of situation.

"I've pledged to the fans that next season I'm sure we won't be. I didn't think for a minute we were ever going to be in relegation trouble.

"It thought it was a very poor game and we were very disappointing.

"We should've had two goals at the start of the second half, we missed a penalty and then a great chance in front of goal after that, which Scott Vernon missed.

"We could've been two up but that would've flattered us.

"I feared the worst because Accies, when they got ahead, got their tails up and had something to hold on to. The crowd became more enthusiastic towards them.

"At the end of the day, we should've won the game. We had enough chances to win the game, more chances than Hamilton but we've got to fault ourselves and say that we're not playing incisive football at all."

Goalkeeper Jamie Langfield had to be replaced in the second half after sustaining a cut to the head in a collision with a team-mate that required stitches.

"It's just as well his wedding photograph has been taken, it's a nasty looking face he has," added Brown.

"He's a very brave guy. Doctor's been busy."

Yet again the Squad looks as though it's going to be diluted!

How many seasons can this go on for before we are relegated?

Looks to me that possibly 8 players will be going (let's not forget we freed up Tommy Wright & Ifil's wages already this season)

We still have Mackie to come back! Lol his legs were gone even before he got injured, shows how bad we have got, before we are looking forward to him coming AFC.

Fyvie?? Shows promise, but still has alot to prove.

If it is just 3 in, were f**ked next season!

The quotes on BBC don't seem to say anything like the 3 in 3 out thing:

As well as the possibility of bringing players in, Brown is also looking forward to getting some of his long-term injured players back.

"But we've got four players coming that (assistant) Archie Knox and I haven't seen play for Aberdeen," said Brown.

"Darren Mackie's been injured since we came, Fraser Fyvie's been injured since we came, Yoann Folly broke his leg just after we arrived and the lad Richard Foster is coming back from (his loan at) Rangers.

"That gives us four players that Archie and I haven't worked with and then the three who got injured while we were here, Rory McArdle, David McNamee and Paul Hartley, the captain - they're all international players.

"We're really struggled in terms of resources recently.

"We'll lose Nick Blackman, we'll lose Nikola Vujadinovic. They obviously will be going back to their own clubs.

"We have spaces to fill and hopefully we'll do that wisely."

A point at New Douglas Park kept the Dons 12 points clear of bottom club Hamilton, who have a significantly inferior goal difference with four games to player.

Chris Maguire missed a penalty for the visitors early in the second half and Hamilton capitalised by going ahead through Dougie Imrie only for Nick Blackman to fire an equaliser for Aberdeen.

"A point's okay I suppose, it keeps us from worrying about being dragged down," Brown said.

"I didn't want to be in a position where we were going to depend on other teams beating Hamilton for Aberdeen to stay safe because Aberdeen should never be in that kind of situation.

"I've pledged to the fans that next season I'm sure we won't be. I didn't think for a minute we were ever going to be in relegation trouble.

"It thought it was a very poor game and we were very disappointing.

"We should've had two goals at the start of the second half, we missed a penalty and then a great chance in front of goal after that, which Scott Vernon missed.

"We could've been two up but that would've flattered us.

"I feared the worst because Accies, when they got ahead, got their tails up and had something to hold on to. The crowd became more enthusiastic towards them.

"At the end of the day, we should've won the game. We had enough chances to win the game, more chances than Hamilton but we've got to fault ourselves and say that we're not playing incisive football at all."

Goalkeeper Jamie Langfield had to be replaced in the second half after sustaining a cut to the head in a collision with a team-mate that required stitches.

"It's just as well his wedding photograph has been taken, it's a nasty looking face he has," added Brown.

"He's a very brave guy. Doctor's been busy."

Notice he mentions Blackman and Vuja, but not Smith. Hopefully Brown is trying to sort out him becoming a Dons player next season.

I also think this "3 in 3 out" is a minimum of what we can expect. If he had said in his interview that hes going to sign 10 new players but only manages to sign 5, the fans would be on his back. I would be very surprised if Brown only wants 3 new players for next season.

Yup... we're good and f**ked.

Clearly Broon had no idea he was going to be f**ked over, despite whatever promises were made. Easy to make promises when you've no intention of keeping them.

Still, he'll know now :)

Welcome to Shittodrie, Craig, my boy.

Yup... we're good and f**ked.

Clearly Broon had no idea he was going to be f**ked over, despite whatever promises were made. Easy to make promises when you've no intention of keeping them.

Still, he'll know now :)

Welcome to Shittodrie, Craig, my boy.

Bottom six mediocrity for the far foreseeable future! sad.gif

Not reading much into the 3 in and 3 out statement. Just a throw away comment by brown who knows what he was referring to. Anderson and diamond already signed for other clubs allegedly and vuja,smith and blackman have long term deals with other clubs so that's more than 3 already.

Bottom six mediocrity for the far foreseeable future! sad.gif

After the last Celtic/Semi final hammering, Brown was still under the mistaken belief that he'd be allowed to make changes.

"There will have to be personnel changes...."

And now we're being told it'll be 3 players?

"not dramatically

"We'll reinforce the squad..."

Now this is just all over the f**king place.

The suggestion is that there will have to be an overhaul of the playing staff to "...give the Aberdeen fans the team they deserve"

Nothing like a little bit of a patronising attitude to keep the sheepies happy.

But now we're being told, "Ach, no.. it'll be three players."

Now 3 players, correct me if I'm wrong, is nothing out of the ordinary for ANY team at the end of the season, and certainly doesn't constitute ",...giving the Aberdeen fans the team they deserve." but is rather nothing more than a pretty average turnover of players, dictated not by the club but by players leaving at the end of loans or contracts.

So, no clearout, no significant changes in personnel. In fact the assurance that there's going to be NO changes of note.

So then Brown lied to the fans after the Celtic game, or at least deceived the fans.

And CB was such a nice auld lad but a few short weeks ago. Now he's poisoned like the rest of them.

Calm yourselves.

3 out = Blackman, Vujadinovic, Anderson. Clear as day. 2 are mentioned by name.

3 in = Harder to read. One is almost certainly Foster. Milsom could be another, as could Fyvie and Mackie, given the context.

--

This is clearly Brown referring to what is already happening, not what will happen. Some players may accept offers to stay, others will leave. The total out will be well in excess of 3 by the new season.

If there's no money, as we're told again and again and again, to bring in a better quality of player, then 3 in 3 out will do pretty much sweet f**k all.

It appears we're basically being told that for AFC it's all about SPL survival now, not challenging for the title, not challenging for cups, not even challenging for top 6, but simply SPL survival. And that's about it for the club. Remaining a top flight club is pretty much the only thing this board is shooting for.

Craig Brown's mandate was to save us from relegation. By releasing no extra funds, in fact reducing funds from previous years, it would seem likely that saving us from relegation will be next season's challenge for the management team once again.

Will there be a team as bad as Hamilton in the SPL next year?

We better f**king hope so... and we better hope it's not us.

Watching that team today, unfortunately, we were no better than Hamilton.

We've come pretty far under Stewart Milne, and no mistakes.

From a team that routinely challenged at the top end of the table, and won trophies, to a destitute farce of a club that only strives to avoid relegation.

I'd like to think that Brown's "3 in 3 out" comments were somehow sly misdirection aimed at giving the fans a huge, pleasant surprise when we bring in a whole bunch of new, better quality players... I'd like to think that. But experience tells me that what we see is what we get, and very often even less than that.

Better buckle the f**k up, ladies and gents, because next season promises to be a f**king train wreck.

73343953.jpg

Calm yourselves.

3 out = Blackman, Vujadinovic, Anderson. Clear as day. 2 are mentioned by name.

3 in = Harder to read. One is almost certainly Foster. Milsom could be another, as could Fyvie and Mackie, given the context.

--

This is clearly Brown referring to what is already happening, not what will happen. Some players may accept offers to stay, others will leave. The total out will be well in excess of 3 by the new season.

If 3 in includes injured players returning then Brown should be sacked on the spot. Clearly I don't mean it but I don't think I can handle another manager of ours being reduced to using the return of injured players as "almost a new signing".

An affa lot of folk getting their knickers in a flap about fack all here by the looks of it. Theres not a snowballs chance in hell it'll be 3 in / 3 out for next season, double that at least.

Out:

Macnamee

Anderson

Vudjunovic

Blackman

Howard

Hopefully out:

Diamond

Langfield

Young

Probably out, but hopefully no

Maguire