73 members have voted

1. 1. Worst Aberdeen Team Ever?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall squad - yes, easily.

Maybe decent first XI if all fit but as a whole a complete shambles of a squad

Edit: And with losers mentality being bred into them right from top of club.

Just to note the first choice starting X1 for the team i mentioned 03/04

Preece

Anderson

Hart

Mcguire

Mcnaughton

Heikinen

Sheerin

Tosh

Clark

Booth

Hinds

Just to note the first choice starting X1 for the team i mentioned 03/04

Preece

Anderson

Hart

Mcguire

Mcnaughton

Heikinen

Sheerin

Tosh

Clark

Booth

Hinds

I would say the only players from current lot that would get into the 03/04 side would be Milsom in for Sheerin (although similar Milsom has much more about his game) and Vernon in for Hinds (no explanation needed there surely).

If you don't invest any money in your playing squad, you end up with utter dross on the park.

That's where we are. Vernon is often hailed as some kind of hero, truth is he's average at best, Blackman did more in five minutes yesterday than Vernon managed before that.

Same with the number of times I've heard people hailing Folly as some kind of basis of a strong Aberdeen team. Incredulous.

We need good players, to do that we need investment, significant investment.

If you don't invest any money in your playing squad, you end up with utter dross on the park.

That's where we are. Vernon is often hailed as some kind of hero, truth is he's average at best, Blackman did more in five minutes yesterday than Vernon managed before that.

Same with the number of times I've heard people hailing Folly as some kind of basis of a strong Aberdeen team. Incredulous.

We need good players, to do that we need investment, significant investment.

Still seem to be spending a lot more v teams above and around us

I don't think its the worst 11 players we've ever had on the park at any given time, I would say most of these players bar young and mackie have got decent ability. The problem we have is that they don't seem to show it offen enough and the confidence in this squad is rock bottom. I have seen us have worse players who try much harder so we do look better!

Ultimitely it's results that count, so maybe they are! I put no because I do believe we have players with ability, but they just don't show it due to one reason or another. Maybe i'm wrong and should have put YES!

Roll on next season!

Still seem to be spending a lot more v teams above and around us

Aye we're just targeting it in the wrong way.

I dread to think how much we've been paying Diamond, his bolt is shot, his tattie is gone, get him to f**k, tattie muncher over the side.

Also, we signed some total dross under McGhee, and have to live with that for the time being.

One thing we certainly lack is a leader, the players were as quiet as mice at times yesterday, we need a hard man type player to pull these guys out of their comfort zone.

To be honest there's only a couple of players in our squad who would get near the park if we had a successful side playing at the top end of the table.

If we are paying them all far too much that's an issue for the board to sort out.

Aye we're just targeting it in the wrong way.

I dread to think how much we've been paying Diamond, his bolt is shot, his tattie is gone, get him to f**k, tattie muncher over the side.

Also, we signed some total dross under McGhee, and have to live with that for the time being.

One thing we certainly lack is a leader, the players were as quiet as mice at times yesterday, we need a hard man type player to pull these guys out of their comfort zone.

To be honest there's only a couple of players in our squad who would get near the park if we had a successful side playing at the top end of the table.

If we are paying them all far too much that's an issue for the board to sort out.

Agree also we are paying our non football staff too much

The football in the country is probably at its worst in living memory and couple that with the fact that we have been sh*te in a league of utter sh*te, then I guess it is hard to answer anything other than yes to the thread question.

Is it though? I'm not saying it isn't, but I think that we're exposed to the EPL and Champions league football that it makes our league look worse than it is.

English Football + Sky = RIP Scottish Football.

Agree also we are paying our non football staff too much

This is the major problem at the club, far too many corporate hangers on.

We have forgotten exactly what it was that made us a roaring success in the first place.

A tight knit backroom staff, Teddy Scott at the centre of it, and everyone knows each other intimately, from Fergie to the tea lady.

I'd pay off every single one of the 'marketing' team. Their work is nothing short of a disaster, probably lifted straight from some useless RGU business tutorial, and applied to the Dons, with resounding failure the result.

The club sells itself in any case, these people are taking money for nothing.

We have forgotten exactly what it was that made us a roaring success in the first place.

A tight knit backroom staff, Teddy Scott at the centre of it, and everyone knows each other intimately, from Fergie to the tea lady.

I'd pay off every single one of the 'marketing' team. Their work is nothing short of a disaster, probably lifted straight from some useless RGU business tutorial, and applied to the Dons, with resounding failure the result.

I'd agree with you on the marketing, what are we paying these guys to do? I remember seeing a few posters on buses etc about the new "revolution" at AFC, thats probably the only bit of marketting i've seen us do. We should be out selling our club to the kids, we should be giving away thousands of free tickets to school kids across Aberdeen to encourage a new batch of deluded Aberdeen fan and also means they will likely take in at least 1 adult and maybe buy some food and drink. Maybe we are doing this? if so, it's obviously not working and needs to be put back on the drawing board.

Not selling our cloth on the high street could be one of the worst ideas thats ever came out of AFC.

We have marketing managers, football operations managers, security managers, directors of football, ceo's , ,wtf this isnt BP we are running

Is it though? I'm not saying it isn't, but I think that we're exposed to the EPL and Champions league football that it makes our league look worse than it is.

English Football + Sky = RIP Scottish Football.

I'd say so. The standard of footballer that can be attracted to Scotland is very low, the ability to retain any decent players in the country is very low and the standard of player churned out within Scotland is also very low just now.

Would you like to expand on this ? Its a popular generic statement on here .

Failure is celebrated and promoted right from the top. Payments of hefty bonuses for reaching top 6. Trumpet blowing that 2 semi finals and getting embarressed twice is sucess. No wonder the team don't have ambition to actually win things when not winning things is celebrated.

Personally wouldn't have thought that needed clarification?

Failure is celebrated and promoted right from the top. Payments of hefty bonuses for reaching top 6. Trumpet blowing that 2 semi finals and getting embarressed twice is sucess. No wonder the team don't have ambition to actually win things when not winning things is celebrated.

Personally wouldn't have thought that needed clarification?

It needs clarification because it simply isnt true . Which of our club celebrates top 6 ? Calderwood did when he was here but he is long gone . You sure they get paid hefty bonuses for top 6 ? How do you know that ?

Preece - Stays

Anderson - Stays

Hart - Stays

Mcguire would have him over consi and diamond

Mcnaughton - Stays

Heikinen - Stays

Sheerin? Scored more from midfield than most of our strikers

Tosh - Stays

Clark - Stays

Booth - Stays

Hinds - Vernon?

Keeper, defence and most of midfield without doubt would walk all over what we currently have! Preece is twice the keeper langfield will ever be. Dont even want to get started on the strikers.