Why Should I Care About Scottish Football

tup likes to blame all of scotlands ills on the english.

personally i think the blame lies closer to home.

scottish football is a complete joke. lets be honest about it.

i dont live in scotland and very rarely get the chance to watch the dons on tv. if i do its vs the old firm. id see more of it if it was better, but its not. thats fine, i can handle that.

but in 25 years time will it be different. i ask cause more and more football is changing. more than that society is changing. we dont work down pits any more and we're getting fatter and drunker. we dont play sports after school, we hang about in gangs and talk on myface. we watch british or foreign football instead cause our game is predictable and the day out at football is no longer fun.

certain other footballing bodies have cottoned on to the fact that its the 2010s and not the 1910s. they have moved with the times. but the scottish football governing bodies and clubs are still stuck in the dark ages. no decent players, no healthy competition, no crowds, no enjoyment.

i look after myself. i do whats best for me. and will continue to do so.

ive got better things to do with my time than worry about cultivating grass roots football and restructuring national level football.

but i would put time, effort and money into it if i got something back be it an atmosphere at pittodrie, a level playing field, decent standard of football etc etc.

sadly i just cant see any of that happening. not now and not in the future. i do honestly think that scottish football, if it contuinues like this, could end.

tup likes to blame all of scotlands ills on the english.

personally i think the blame lies closer to home.

scottish football is a complete joke. lets be honest about it.

i dont live in scotland and very rarely get the chance to watch the dons on tv. if i do its vs the old firm. id see more of it if it was better, but its not. thats fine, i can handle that.

but in 25 years time will it be different. i ask cause more and more football is changing. more than that society is changing. we dont work down pits any more and we're getting fatter and drunker. we dont play sports after school, we hang about in gangs and talk on myface. we watch british or foreign football instead cause our game is predictable and the day out at football is no longer fun.

certain other footballing bodies have cottoned on to the fact that its the 2010s and not the 1910s. they have moved with the times. but the scottish football governing bodies and clubs are still stuck in the dark ages. no decent players, no healthy competition, no crowds, no enjoyment.

i look after myself. i do whats best for me. and will continue to do so.

ive got better things to do with my time than worry about cultivating grass roots football and restructuring national level football.

but i would put time, effort and money into it if i got something back be it an atmosphere at pittodrie, a level playing field, decent standard of football etc etc.

sadly i just cant see any of that happening. not now and not in the future. i do honestly think that scottish football, if it contuinues like this, could end.

do you believe the league you do watch and the champions league are on a level playing field?

no.

but they are not as predictable nor as lopsided as scottish football.

say what you like about the c.l. but its popular.

of course its popular, it has the best players in the world. how you can say it is not predictable is beyond me.

EPL

Practically the same 3 teams going for the title every season with the odd different name in there for the 4th CL spot. The one thing it has is always a fantastic relegation battle which is always interesting. Scottish football could learn from that by increasing the amount of sides that go up and down and introducing playoffs.

CL

even more predictable than the EPL. the group stages are a non event and this will only get worse. Only a few elite clubs make it past the group stages each season with a token side in there like Shaktar and Shalke this season, both have been royally spanked though.

most football is predictable nowadays. Why??............ thats easy - Money, Certain teams all over the world have a starngle hold on the purse strings of football in every league and this continues their dominance

What a heap of sh*t.

I've already told you time and again why football is hitting the buffers.

The bottlenecking of cash to the top few, to the absolute detriment of all others, is the root cause.

This is the capitalist mantra so fond of in Britain, but not always the case elsewhere.

The ethos in the UK is to screw everyone for every penny available, for everything e.g.

Petrol

Gas, electric and heating oil

Banks - loans, cards and mortgages

Football matches - horrendously overpriced.

Beer and soft drinks in bars

Sporting facilities.

This is why the country is on it's knees. The top 1/2 a % rip the piss from everyone. In the case of the banks and the devil incarnate, Tesco, they even get willing workers on scandalously low pay to do their ripping of the pish for them.

Why should fitba be any different? The top few are sticking their fingers up to all the others. Scotland is no different to England in that sense.

of course its popular, it has the best players in the world. how you can say it is not predictable is beyond me.

EPL

Practically the same 3 teams going for the title every season with the odd different name in there for the 4th CL spot. The one thing it has is always a fantastic relegation battle which is always interesting. Scottish football could learn from that by increasing the amount of sides that go up and down and introducing playoffs.

CL

even more predictable than the EPL. the group stages are a non event and this will only get worse. Only a few elite clubs make it past the group stages each season with a token side in there like Shaktar and Shalke this season, both have been royally spanked though.

most football is predictable nowadays. Why??............ thats easy - Money, Certain teams all over the world have a starngle hold on the purse strings of football in every league and this continues their dominance

you may be right but its irrelevant really.

scottish football is dying. infact its already comatosed.

but we keep blaming others leagues and saying its down to money.

but its never scotlands fault is it?

What a heap of sh*t.

I've already told you time and again why football is hitting the buffers.

The bottlenecking of cash to the top few, to the absolute detriment of all others, is the root cause.

This is the capitalist mantra so fond of in Britain, but not always the case elsewhere.

The ethos in the UK is to screw everyone for every penny available, for everything e.g.

Petrol

Gas, electric and heating oil

Banks - loans, cards and mortgages

Football matches - horrendously overpriced.

Beer and soft drinks in bars

Sporting facilities.

This is why the country is on it's knees. The top 1/2 a % rip the piss from everyone. In the case of the banks and the devil incarnate, Tesco, they even get willing workers on scandalously low pay to do their ripping of the pish for them.

Why should fitba be any different? The top few are sticking their fingers up to all the others. Scotland is no different to England in that sense.

yep, its someone elses fault tup. this time its the banks.

you may be right but its irrelevant really.

scottish football is dying. infact its already comatosed.

but we keep blaming others leagues and saying its down to money.

but its never scotlands fault is it?

of course its partly the fault of the authorities in this country for not trying to counter the problems but again the route cause is money, the authorities here and at UEFA/FIFA f**ked it for all of us as they are happy to see this monopoly continue to their own benefit.

We do nothing to sell the game up here.

Simple things like getting a pint in the ground would go a long way to help! Better food cheaper tickets, incentives for kids (attend say 10 games get a free home top)

Have a few games on friday nights, theres f**k all on telly on a friday night, people will go just to make a weekend out of it.

Saturday 3pm ko's is doing nothing for scottish football, we need to think outside of the box.

well other leagues are doing ok with tele.

crowds are decent in holland despite the fact you can get more tv football over here than you do in the uk.

Do people avoid going to watch their team in Holland (Twente, Utrecht, Arnhem etc.) if Man United are playing?

If Bluto's attitude is shared by those running the game, and I suspect it is, it's small wonder we're royally f**ked.

as opposed to your attitude which is just to blame everyone else.

look closer to home tup.

scottish football is a joke, and you cant blame it all on sky tv and the e.p.l.

Do people avoid going to watch their team in Holland (Twente, Utrecht, Arnhem etc.) if Man United are playing?

dunno. but they have a competitive and decent quality league despite the blanket tv coverage they have of foreign football.

i dare say they have thought out of the box to keep up with the big leagues who have global tv coverage.

dunno. but they have a competitive and decent quality league despite the blanket tv coverage they have of foreign football.

i dare say they have thought out of the box to keep up with the big leagues who have global tv coverage.

not easy to do here considering we have to share tv channels with our friends south of the border.

It's pointless arguing with you bluto, you're entrenched in your view, you're the epitome of the post-Sky nouveau armchair football fan.

You dinna have the first clue about real football, it's spoon fed satellite sh*t you appear to be holding court on.

Do you know the names of the current playing squad at Aberdeen FC?

It's pointless arguing with you bluto, you're entrenched in your view, you're the epitome of the post-Sky nouveau armchair football fan.

You dinna have the first clue about real football, it's spoon fed satellite sh*t you appear to be holding court on.

Do you know the names of the current playing squad at Aberdeen FC?

oh patronising super fan alert.

you just keep blaming sky tv and the whole of england for why our game is a laughing stock.

dont accept any responsibility, cause its not our fault. its those nasty englishfolk with satellite tv.

seriously tup, i'm not saying tv/owner money hasnt caused problems, cause it has.

my point is that scottish football isnt helping itself to aleviate the current predicament.

from grass roots level to the predictability of the national championship it needs a big overhaul.

even the match day experience is not as enjoyable as it should be.

there comes a time when you have to take responsibility, be it the sfa big wigs or the wigs in aberdeens board room

I've said for a while that the idea of SPL tv should be explored, so we have at least something to bargain with when we need to negotiate with SKY again. I'd love to see everything at 3pm on a Saturday but TV rules so lets use it.

Holland is a good example, from what I know every game is on live through their own network and that to me is a fantastic idea, if its promoted correctly then we could see an increase in crowds again.

This idea though must be to the benefit of ALL of the clubs and not just 2.

I'd also be hppy to see the bigger division 1 games involved, last weeks fife derby for example and a play off system

oh patronising super fan alert.

you just keep blaming sky tv and the whole of england for why our game is a laughing stock.

dont accept any responsibility, cause its not our fault. its those nasty englishfolk with satellite tv.

Of curse SKY tv has to be blamed (not wholly) but a fair share. With the money they pump into the English game it's totally blown the arse out of our 'market'. We're competing with league 1 and 2 clubs for players, a Scottish PREMIER league club!

Now the demise of AFC has been down to poor management, but the Scottish game as a whole has suffered because of TV, how anyone can deny that is beyond me. But then again you admitted you don't live here so don't have any experience of what myself, VDA and tup are telling you.

There's a number of causes but the biggest most damaging thing that ever happened was the introduction of the Bosman ruling. No longer are clubs making money from players, instead a) losing them for very little because they're coming to the end of their contracts or b) losing them for f**k all. It's no coincidence that clubs have started to struggle since this ruling took place.

Of curse SKY tv has to be blamed (not wholly) but a fair share. With the money they pump into the English game it's totally blown the arse out of our 'market'. We're competing with league 1 and 2 clubs for players, a Scottish PREMIER league club!

Now the demise of AFC has been down to poor management, but the Scottish game as a whole has suffered because of TV, how anyone can deny that is beyond me. But then again you admitted you don't live here so don't have any experience of what myself, VDA and tup are telling you.

so why arent we doing something to improve the scottish game?

Sottish league cup semi, Hampden park, Saturday, 3pm, not on TV. 14,000 reds.

Scottish cup semi final, Hampden park, Sunday, 12.45pm, Sky sports tv, 8,000 reds.

Why not have a 4 pm kick off or a 3 pm beacuse it's a Sunday you might ask? Because there are English games on, Arsenal Liverpool, Stoke Bolton. Any other league consider another countries games before picking the tv time?

so why arent we doing something to improve the scottish game?

the idea of SPL tv has been brought up by Neil Doncaster to go to SKY with, I think we have to run with it regardless of what SKY offer us. Our games right now are being played at ridiculous time becuase sky won't have it played at prime time in front of the EPL.

The clubs should be!

You could argue the fans are by voting with their feet.

exactly.

but it looks like they arent or are doing something but are failing to succeed.

for me, not filling your stadiums is a cardinal sin and shows incredibly poor business skills.

the idea of SPL tv has been brought up by Neil Doncaster to go to SKY with, I think we have to run with it regardless of what SKY offer us. Our games right now are being played at ridiculous time becuase sky won't have it played at prime time in front of the EPL.

dont know much about it but a tv setup is only the begining.

need a lot more than that though.