Barak's Birthchart

phoenix

Your enthusiasm for your subject is wonderful to see, pheen, but I must ask you about your subtitle.

I'm afraid that I didn't read the assessment but am I right in thinking that you believe that a person's whole personality is governed more by stars alignment at the precise moment of birth more than genetic and conditioning influences?

If this is your position, then I will read that stuff if you tell me it's proof. I just never thought that man would have had the ability to interpret and attribute human psychological attributes to the precise planetary positions. It sounds all made up to me.

Cheers rockette ! Thanks for the good vibes.

Astrology is fun for me , a fun way of finding out about ourselves and others. There are people who take it a lot more seriously than I , people I feel I should respect like Dane Rhudyar , so I keep an open mind , play around with it a little and attempt to advance my knowledge. There is no scientific evidence for Astrology , of course , rubbished as it is by such eminents as Patrick Moore and Brian Cox but I AM a great believer in the power of the imagination and at the moment regard it as a powerful tool for the mind and imagination which does not have to rely on it's existence in objective reality. It has also been around for a long time , millenia , I tend to think if it does not work or fails to entertain , it will cease to be.

Our ancestors the cavemen used to draw pictures on their cave walls of the animals they hoped to kill for food , clothing and tools. This was a statement of intent and prepared the mind for the hunt and it was proven to be a successful method. I think this a good analogy for the birthchart( pictogram ) which suggests a person's potential , strengths and weaknesses ; it is a good way of focussing on the self(and others) , for verily is self-knowledge useful in the eternal struggle for survival and success.

It is not essential for my well-being , I could live well without it but it is one of my secondary sources of interest and pleasure. If I have come to know myself at all , I think I'm a 'people person' and discussing Astrology sure helps. You obviously have a curious mind of your own and I'm convinced that you would get some fun yourself out of at least a rudimentary understanding of how it works. No need to buy books( as I did back in '76 ! ) , it's all 'free' on the internet these days and CafeAstrology is a favourite of mine and as good a place to start as any. There is no harm in it , apart from possibly taking it too seriously. :)

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Dane_Rudhyar

http://www.cafeastrology.com/

ps 'Proof For Doubting Thomases' - I probably should not have written that , it was tongue-in-cheek....I should not take it for granted that people know me enough by now.

Should also be seen as provocative and intended to stimulate debate. It was certainly never intended as 'proof'. :nono:

The only star that matters to me is the brown one, handy for depositing sh*t in the thunderbox.

No astrologer worth his salt would attempt to read it if he had his head screwed on the right way however.

I ken a c**t who buys a book about the lunar chart, and governs his whole life around the position of the moon, so much so that he's genuinely freaked when it gets into certain positions relevant to our own planet. He refuses to countenance that it might, just might, be a heap of sh*t.

Anyone who believes any of that stuff needs their head examined. I dinna let anything govern me, I'll happily walk under a ladder several times, the same ladder at the same time, just to prove that nothing bad does indeed happen. I'll plonk my shoes on the table no bother when I get home. I'll open umbrellas left, right and centre in the house, even when it's sunny.

Nonsense.

The only star that matters to me is the brown one, handy for depositing sh*t in the thunderbox.

No astrologer worth his salt would attempt to read it if he had his head screwed on the right way however.

I ken a c**t who buys a book about the lunar chart, and governs his whole life around the position of the moon, so much so that he's genuinely freaked when it gets into certain positions relevant to our own planet. He refuses to countenance that it might, just might, be a heap of sh*t.

Anyone who believes any of that stuff needs their head examined. I dinna let anything govern me, I'll happily walk under a ladder several times, the same ladder at the same time, just to prove that nothing bad does indeed happen. I'll plonk my shoes on the table no bother when I get home. I'll open umbrellas left, right and centre in the house, even when it's sunny.

Nonsense.

Aye tup....nae trying to convince you either way but you've proved to yourself the case for the prosecution ; try exercising the other side of your brain and attempt a defence.

NOT doing these things that superstitions suggest you should , is tantamount to acknowledging that it exists.

Walk on the wild side. :sheepdance:

NOT doing these things that superstitions suggest you should , is tantamount to acknowledging that it exists.

Walk on the wild side. :sheepdance:

Well it was more a case of freaking out feel old wifies walking past in the street, who raised their hands to open mouths in mock horror at my brazen walking underneath of a ladder, even whilst the window cleaner was up it, something they themselves would never consider.

And my mither always, f**king always, says 'you canna set your shoes on the table', as I'm polishing them, as if I'm going to get down on my hands and knees and polish the c**ts on the floor because of some tale from yonder.

Nothing exists, there's no such thing as superstition, that's like voodoo and all that pish the Africans think is effective, all you are doing by practising it is demonstrating to the world that you're a feckless moron who would rather use a spell to get ahead in life than actually make any real effort.

Do you believe in fairies, tup?

Are you crazy?

As if some f**king fairy cuts about with a bag of pound coins looking for bairns who's teeth have fallen out, give me f**king strength.

I don't believe in any of it, I was mortally wounded when I discovered, about the age of 7, that Santa didna exist, that my parents had been lying through their back teeth to me for years, and making a c**t of me at such a tender age.

Never again, I vowed.

I deal in reality, however bitter and grim that might be.

Well it was more a case of freaking out feel old wifies walking past in the street, who raised their hands to open mouths in mock horror at my brazen walking underneath of a ladder, even whilst the window cleaner was up it, something they themselves would never consider.

And my mither always, f**king always, says 'you canna set your shoes on the table', as I'm polishing them, as if I'm going to get down on my hands and knees and polish the c**ts on the floor because of some tale from yonder.

Nothing exists, there's no such thing as superstition, that's like voodoo and all that pish the Africans think is effective, all you are doing by practising it is demonstrating to the world that you're a feckless moron who would rather use a spell to get ahead in life than actually make any real effort.

Yes.....

But.....

No.....

But.....

:laughing:

I understand your point.....but feel you're a little hard on those who choose to live their lives by such standards.....sounds like they've 'flegged' themselves into it.....mebbe something traumatic happened in their lives ; we defend ourselves by whatever means necessary. They are obviously more nervous( neurotic ) types than your good self. Still it might be a boring old World taking refuge in the objective 24/7. Not to defend the subjective too much like , we are just hauling oor asses out of millenia of 'God Worship' these days in the 21st century. Dane Rhudhyar estimates that we will finally have entered the Age of Aquarius( Science/Humanitarianism) by 2062 which is affa close to Ray Kurtzweil's forecast of a Singularity. We may well look back on a 'romantic era' when lives were governed by such considerations.

We'll be looking back on f**k all by 2062 because we'll all be stone deid.

The 'Singularity', sounds a bit like the 'Borg' or the 'Hun', a collective, once you're assimilated, you canna go back to normal, too late.

Aye but 17 year olds today , one in four of them , will live to be one hundred and over.....humanity moves on.

http://hapticity.net/2008/04/18/singulatarianism/

Who's to say we are not machines anyway?

Why do we sleep? Why do we need to? Something happens then.

I swear I can hear what sounds like a Pentium processor ticking away inside my head when I'm lying down late at night in silence.

There's more to that than meets the eye min.

Who's to say we are not machines anyway?

Why do we sleep? Why do we need to? Something happens then.

I swear I can hear what sounds like a Pentium processor ticking away inside my head when I'm lying down late at night in silence.

There's more to that than meets the eye min.

I ken , that's anither possibility.

The possibilities are endless.

But there's only one true way.

Or is there ?

I ken , that's anither possibility.

The possibilities are endless.

But there's only one true way.

Or is there ?

I have a philosophy.

Basically whatever people are proferring as the 'truth', if you believe the exact opposite of what they are saying, you won't be too far away.

Most people just print reams of sh*t with a monetary motive, and this 'singularity' gadgie will be no exception.

It's thought provoking, but probably a mixture of fantasy, lies and sheer conjecture when boiled down. And my guess is it's around

I'm taking the guy Kurzweil seriously.

There's a movie to download which explains his outlook on the future ; he is , in addition to being a clever c**t , a futurist.

His is also very well off but does not seem to mind adding to his wealth , I download the movie for around £8 , but have been distributing to the needy...just ask.....debuted in London twa wiks syne.

Invented a synthesiser which , if you look closely you might see on the stage of many a rock band - ' KURZWEIL ' . In the movie he is seen onstage with Jagger.

Stevie Wonder gives him a glowing reference because he has invented a device that can let the blind read.

He was the guy who inventer the printer , photo copier , scanner.

Multi-millionaire , if not billionaire.

Bill Gates says , if anybody knows the future it's Ray Kurzveil.

On this basis , I think he is worth checkin' oot.

http://www.singulari...movie/index.php

That's a real side splitter hysterical.gif

It's a fair point, hard to argue with. Not funny really. :dontknow:

Would all these 'birthers' have the same issue if Barack was white?

They're probably the same brain dead c**ts who would support Schwarzenegger for President.

PS. Oklahoma, I can't wait until Donald Trump is president of the USA, that would be hilarious! :applause:

It's a fair point, hard to argue with. Not funny really. :dontknow:

Would all these 'birthers' have the same issue if Barack was white?

They're probably the same brain dead c**ts who would support Schwarzenegger for President.

PS. Oklahoma, I can't wait until Donald Trump is president of the USA, that would be hilarious! :applause:

I'm not racist. I hate Baracks white half just as much. tongue.gif