Cb: Baresi

Lb: Maldini

Rw: Messi

Cm: Zidane

Cm: Maradona

Lw: Haji

Cf: Romario

Cf: Stoichkov

Went for an all Milan Defense, cause Baresi, Costacurta and Maldini had a telepathic understanding, and Cafu fits in well

Gheorghe Haji had the best left foot I've ever seen and Messi works well on the right.

Romario and Stoichkov, as well as being brilliant individual players, are one of the best pairings I've ever seen, shame it was such a short time at Barca

no mentions for bobby charlton? one of the most underrated players ever if you ask me.

would have expected to see more gullit nominations too. same with beckenbauer.

I picked players i actually seen so that's why the Kaiser and Charlton didn't get in my team, but yeah agree Sir Bobby was a brilliant player and a real gent too.

Was thinking of picking Gullit and i notice Tut mentioned Riijkaard too, another great but i'd have had a team of about 30 players or something :laughing:

I picked players i actually seen so that's why the Kaiser and Charlton didn't get in my team, but yeah agree Sir Bobby was a brilliant player and a real gent too.

Was thinking of picking Gullit and i notice Tut mentioned Riijkaard too, another great but i'd have had a team of about 30 players or something :laughing:

i'm 32 so i've nae seen those two either.

gullit was brilliant, as were the other great two dutch players from then. and maldini, baresi and many more from the late 80s and early 90s. and thats just the milan players.

but with all the waffle around barcelona it just shows how people have such short memories when it comes to retired players.