5Th 'officials'

seriously, WTF is the point in these gimps??? watchin europa semi anoo and thats the 3rd or 4th big decision thats happened right infront of one of them and theyv just stood with a stupid gormless look on face waiting for the ref to make a decision.

theres been loads of times this season in the europa league where theyv just stood like retards and iv honestly NEVER seen the c**ts make ONE decision, big or small!!! it f**kin pisses me right off!!!!! waste of money and a couple of flags, c**ts.

ok, rant over.

In theory it's a good idea, another pair of eyes to assist the ref at a crucial area of the pitch.

However you're correct, these guys never make a decision, rendering them pointless. Didn't watch the football tonight so I'm not sure of the specific 'big decisions' you are referring too but I've seen enough of these buffoons in previous matches.

Plus they look ridiculous standing on the pitch in the penalty box.

I also have an issue with traditonal inesmen as well. With the exception of giving offsides or ball out of play decisions, they rarely get involved with anything. How many times do you see a player hacked down right in front of a linesman and he completely ignores it?

Pussies the lot of them.

In theory it's a good idea, another pair of eyes to assist the ref at a crucial area of the pitch.

However you're correct, these guys never make a decision, rendering them pointless. Didn't watch the football tonight so I'm not sure of the specific 'big decisions' you are referring too but I've seen enough of these buffoons in previous matches.

Plus they look ridiculous standing on the pitch in the penalty box.

I also have an issue with traditonal inesmen as well. With the exception of giving offsides or ball out of play decisions, they rarely get involved with anything. How many times do you see a player hacked down right in front of a linesman and he completely ignores it?

Pussies the lot of them.

totally agree with you! good idea but they should only be used if they are confident enough to make decisions, wether it be a corner decision or a penalty decision!

the ones from last night were 2 penalty shouts, one of which hulk got booked and complained to the 5th official cos it happened right infront o him but it was the ref who made the call from 15 yards away! and one was actually a pen again right infront of the 5th, the ref made the call then had a handful o villareal players round him in protest! sometimes you even go to lengths of feelin sorry for the ref cos he's gotta make a call he might not be sure of cos of the complete pusiness of these 5th officials!

dina think we'll see them next year, or maybe more like hope we wont!

How many times in Scottish football in the last decade has there been a BLATANT, unmissable incident in front of a transient linesman which is simply ignored?

I don't see the point in these guys, they just get in the way, get football back to normal and get them to f**k, make offside the way it used to be and forget this walking backwards cheating that goes on, make the ref's job simpler and he'll be able to handle it no bother.

Unless he's Scottish, in which case he'll only see incidents involving one team.

Agree with what's been said. They were so desperate not to bring in TV evidence, they came up with this crap idea. Unbelievable.

One incident that springs to mind is Evra bringing down Ramires in the last minute at Stamford Bridge. Blatant pen which perhaps the ref couldn't see but the 5th official couldn't have got a better view of it. This renders them pointless when all they do is watch the game and do nothing.

Agree with what's been said. They were so desperate not to bring in TV evidence, they came up with this crap idea. Unbelievable.

One incident that springs to mind is Evra bringing down Ramires in the last minute at Stamford Bridge. Blatant pen which perhaps the ref couldn't see but the 5th official couldn't have got a better view of it. This renders them pointless when all they do is watch the game and do nothing.

Incredible decision not to award the pen there. So yeah the 5th (and 6th) officials are pointless.

the ones from last night were 2 penalty shouts, one of which hulk got booked and complained to the 5th official cos it happened right infront o him but it was the ref who made the call from 15 yards away! and one was actually a pen again right infront of the 5th, the ref made the call then had a handful o villareal players round him in protest! sometimes you even go to lengths of feelin sorry for the ref cos he's gotta make a call he might not be sure of cos of the complete pusiness of these 5th officials!

Totally agree with you that the 5th officials are totally useless. Goal-line technology and video replays are the way forward (at least with penalty box decisions). Problem is, I watched the Porto-Villarreal game last night and thought that the equaliser penalty was a blatant dive at the time but, having watched the replay back again today, you can see at 33secs on the video below that although the striker is clearly looking for the pen, the 'keeper does catch him. f**k knows how the ref (or the 5th official) is meant to see that clear enough to be sure one way or the other.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUCA5F71O1g

Thoughts?

Totally agree with you that the 5th officials are totally useless. Goal-line technology and video replays are the way forward (at least with penalty box decisions). Problem is, I watched the Porto-Villarreal game last night and thought that the equaliser penalty was a blatant dive at the time but, having watched the replay back again today, you can see at 33secs on the video below that although the striker is clearly looking for the pen, the 'keeper does catch him. f**k knows how the ref (or the 5th official) is meant to see that clear enough to be sure one way or the other.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUCA5F71O1g

Thoughts?

That's a definite dive. Disgusting antics by the forward there but sadly the way it is in the once 'beautiful' game :angry: